The San Jose Rap Scene

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 13, 2005
1.)What are thoughts on how the Southbay/san jose Rap scene will grow and get recognized with more respect musically in the Rap Bussiness by the rest of the bay and the country in the next few years?
2.)Who are some of the shining stars right now that are making a name for themselves and are helping shape and build the sound out their?

Jan 1, 2006
1. My thoughts... I don't see a lot of emphasis being put on expanding or promotion. There's a lot of artists making a come up but the truth of it is you don't see or hear them, they're not making songs which are radio worthy. San Jose is basically a fish tank and some artists aren't stepping outside the boundaries when it comes to making their name known.

I believe it can grow if artists shed their image and just come real and try not to follow the trend set forth by other artists in this area.

Mar 4, 2006
san jose needs atleast 1 hit song before they can plan their rise to the top of the rap game. all these threads about san jose everyday has san jo ever had a hit? And Im waiting for the San Jose warriors to try to go bonkers on my post.

Jul 3, 2002
www.SIR-MOJ.com
you know what, I was doin my thing at one point. I had regular rotation on KMEL, I was on B-Legit's purple house president dvd, Blockstars dvd, ran a commercial on BET, shot a video whi9ch was on a couple of dvd's, full page magazine adds, etc.... The reason why I'm saying this is because I get tired of people sayin no one from the southbay has got on. I got on, but now I'm in the lab workin on a third album, and brewin up a better and bigger plan with more finances. check out the websites:

www.myspace.com/sirmoj
www.sirmoj.com
www.sir-moj.com

Jul 13, 2007
www.hottsauce.com
FREDDIE HOTT SAUCE AKA FOOL OF DA BAY owner OF BIGGO ENTERTAINMENT & WHY HATE? CLOTHING. SUM MIGHT HAVE HEARD OF ME ANS SUM MIGHT NOT HAVE. IM NEW TO THIS SICCNESS.NET THING, BUT IVE BEEN PUSHING HARD IN THESE STREETS, FROM CLOTHES TO MUSIC TO THROWING SUM OF SAN JOSE'S BIGGEST CLUB PARTYS! I KEEP MY NAME OUT THERE! AND I FUCK WITH EVERYONE! AND ASK GARY ARCHOR IM EVERY FUCKIN WHERE! IF ITS POPIN IM THERE! AND I PUT THE 408 DOWN TO THE FULLEST!! I FEEL I HAVE THE STAR QUILITY TO PUT THE SOUTHBAY ON THE MAP! OR ATLEAST ON A BIGGER SCENE. MY ADAVANTAGE TO "ME" IS BEING BLACK AND MEXICAN, SO I CAN SPEAK FROM BOTHSIDES ! BUT THERE ARE ALOT OF ARTIST OUT HERE MAKING BIG PUSHES .... AUTOMATIC , KOMATOSE ,SIR MOJ, PINT, POLITIK, TRAXAMILLION, SIN, DREW DEEZY MUGRUFF MUTTLEY ,K1 ,ROYALTY,LATIN BAY ENT., PLAYA RAE, JAY DA BUTCHA, TEKPOT, DC THE KING. JUST TO NAME A FEW. I THANK TRAX FOR GETTING THE 408 SUM SHINE FROM HIS SUCCCESS AS A PRODUCER, ALSO TITO BELL AND RAH2K AND BOYWONDER THE DJ'S MAKING A NAME FOR THEM SELF. I JUST THINK WE NEED MORE HELP FROM ARE OWN DJ'S! ALOT GET SPOTS IN CLUBS AND PARTYS AND WE HAVE TO ASK TO PLAY ARE SONG! THAT SHOULD BE A GIVEN TO PLAY A 408 NIGGAS SHYT ! DONT GET ME WRONG IF THE SHYT IS WACK THEN PLEASE DOTN PLAY IT, IT MAKES US ALL LOOK BAD! LOL! AND AS ARTIST WE ALL NEED TO FUCK WITH EACHOTHER!! STOP HIDING PLUGS ON SHIT, AND TALKING SHIT BOUT EACHOTHER AND JUST BECAUSE YOU DID A SONG WITH KEAK OR QUINN, DOESNT MEAN YOUR ON! STOP LOOKING FOR FRISCO AND OAKLAND ARTIST FOR HELP! ARE THEY CALLING 408 ARTIST TO GET ON THERE ALBUM??? NO!! MAYBE A TRAX BEAT, BUT THATS IT! WE GOT TALENT HERE! SAN JOSE IS THE BIGGEST CITY IN THE BAY! IF WE ALL GET TO GETHER , NOT JUST SAN JOSE BUT, SUNNVALE, GILROY, SANTA CLARA, MILPITAS, CAMPBELL, THERES ENOUGH MUTHA FUCKAS OUT HERE TO MAKE SUM REAL FUCKIN MONEY! BUT THE MUSIC HAS TO BE ON POINT AND YOU HAVE TO MAKE ALL SIDES FEELL LIKE YOUR REPRESENTING FOR THEM!

THE SOUTHBAYS CHOSEN ONE!
FREDDIE HOTT SAUCE AKA FOOL OF DA BAY!

BIGGO ENTERTAINMENT /C.T MOB/TELL-A-FRIEND PRODUCTIONS/WHY HATE? CLOTHING/FIVE STAR ENT./10-2 ENTERTAINMENT/ FHS PRESENTZ.../

LETS GET IT!

Mar 4, 2006
so what hit song has san jose had?
Im talking about a hit like Smoke Dope and Rap by Dre Dog, Scanless by IMP, Game Recognize Game by JT, Bounce to This by RBL. I mean an undeniable hit that you will hear at anytime in the Bay. Just name one song.

Aug 10, 2005
www.myspace.com
-I can only talk about what IMA do. I'm gon make ORIGINAL- INDUSTRY QUALITY music that isn't carbon copy shit of what other folks are doin.

-IMA rep the crib no matter where I go. I bought a house and have been living in East Oakland for years now. I fuck wit Town niggas daily and they know where Im from. Just came back from Boston 3 weeks ago messin wit the radio DJ on some shit. Just left Chicago 1 week ago fuckin wit some producers out there.

-I will not even entertain these "IS SAN JOSE HARD" threads. I know I came up with some niggaz that'll buss ya head FROM SAN JO- period. No need to emphasize, brag or prove that fact. I'm a grown ass man!

I don't say none of this to brag. Just sayin that SJ gotta rep "yes"...but make sure your grind, your music, & your ethic is up to par too pimpn'!

Here some music from the SouthBay DJSincere...

TANK BIZNESS MIXTAPE PAGE
www.myspace.com/tankbizness408

SILENCE
www.myspace.com/silencemusic

Jul 13, 2007
www.hottsauce.com
I FEEL YOU

WE HAVE NOT HAD THAT HIT, BUT ITS NOT AS EASY TO GET ON THE RADIO LIKE EASTBAY ARTIST, SUM SONGS THAT GO ON THE RADIO FUCKIN SUCK, AND I LOVE ALL MY BAY ARTIST IM JUST BEING REAL! IVE HEARD SUM HARD ASS SONGS FROM ARTIST IN THE SOUTHBAY AND YES THEY TRYD TO GET IT ON THE RADIO, IT JUST DONT WORK! AND IM SURE IF THEY DID GET SUM PLAY THE BAY WOULD LOVE IT, AND BE SHOCKED IT CAME FROM A SAN JOSE ARTIST! JUST LIKE WHEN THEY FOUND OUT TRAXAMILLION WAS FROM THE S.J, THEY WERE SHOCKED TO HEAR THAT WE ACTUALLY GOT PRODUCERS WITH SLAPS FROM SAN JOSE??? WOW!!! NO SHOCK TO US WE KNEW THIS FOR YEARS!! B4 EVEN KEAK KNEW! REAL TALK! BUT LIKE I SAID I FEEL YOU , WE DO NEED A HIT! BUT WE NEED HELP TO!
autistic said:
so what hit song has san jose had?
Im talking about a hit like Smoke Dope and Rap by Dre Dog, Scanless by IMP, Game Recognize Game by JT, Bounce to This by RBL. I mean an undeniable hit that you will hear at anytime in the Bay. Just name one song.

Jul 13, 2007
www.hottsauce.com
REAL TALK

I JUST BOUGHT A HOUSE IN DALLAS TEXAS!! FUCK WIT ME FOLKS! I GOT LIKE 8 OF MY NIGGS OUT HERE FROM DA SHARK CITY! AND W ALL REA HARD ASS FUCK! AND DONT HAVE TO PROVE ABOUT BUSTIN A NIGGS HEAD OPEN! I KEEP IT MOVEIN TO JUST GOT BACK FROM MIAMI, THEN NOW IM IN VEGAS PUSHIN MY CLOTHING LINE! THEN BACK TO TEXAS FOR A SHOW!!
SILENCE said:
-I can only talk about what IMA do. I'm gon make ORIGINAL- INDUSTRY QUALITY music that isn't carbon copy shit of what other folks are doin.

-IMA rep the crib no matter where I go. I bought a house and have been living in East Oakland for years now. I fuck wit Town niggas daily and they know where Im from. Just came back from Boston 3 weeks ago messin wit the radio DJ on some shit. Just left Chicago 1 week ago fuckin wit some producers out there.

-I will not even entertain these "IS SAN JOSE HARD" threads. I know I came up with some niggaz that'll buss ya head FROM SAN JO- period. No need to emphasize, brag or prove that fact. I'm a grown ass man!

I don't say none of this to brag. Just sayin that SJ gotta rep "yes"...but make sure your grind, your music, & your ethic is up to par too pimpn'!

Here some music from the SouthBay DJSincere...

TANK BIZNESS MIXTAPE PAGE
www.myspace.com/tankbizness408

SILENCE
www.myspace.com/silencemusic

Mar 4, 2006
Hott Sauce said:
WE HAVE NOT HAD THAT HIT
BUT LIKE I SAID I FEEL YOU , WE DO NEED A HIT! BUT WE NEED HELP TO!
That's my point. Before you guys can plan to take over the universe you need to have atleast 1 hit. You guys got like 2,000 rappers down there and never had one hit.

Aug 10, 2005
www.myspace.com
Hott Sauce said:
I JUST BOUGHT A HOUSE IN DALLAS TEXAS!! FUCK WIT ME FOLKS! I GOT LIKE 8 OF MY NIGGS OUT HERE FROM DA SHARK CITY! AND W ALL REA HARD ASS FUCK! AND DONT HAVE TO PROVE ABOUT BUSTIN A NIGGS HEAD OPEN! I KEEP IT MOVEIN TO JUST GOT BACK FROM MIAMI, THEN NOW IM IN VEGAS PUSHIN MY CLOTHING LINE! THEN BACK TO TEXAS FOR A SHOW!!

Thas wassup my dude. One of my potnas is out in Dallas area. He said it be crackin out there. I saw the flics of ya reppin out in Miami...SJ fitted and allllll. Thas what niggas need to do. Keep it GOTDAMN movin.
Lets politic famlee!

I think SJ hasn't had a radio hit because the majority of the radio djs are in the O or Frisco and therefore have an ear more to the streets out here. We need to build relationships with the djs. Get out of the 408 to put 408 out there...!

May 26, 2006
SAN JOSE RAP SCENE...ALL YALL COME TO MY VIDEO SHOOT...ITS FOR THE TANK....JUST STOPPIN THROUGH TO PROMOTE "a little" OF WHAT I GOT GOING ON......
gRUFF

OH AND P.S....."DIRT DOGG" GOT THE BIGGEST SONG TO HIT THE STREETS OF SAN JOSE SINCE....MC TWIST.... THE SONG IS CALLED "the streets keep callin me"

LETS GET IT...
GANGSTA REESE
THE CRITIC
MAGRUFF MUTTLEY
HOTT SAUCE
TRAJIK 1
MONEY TREE
SILENCE
SIR MOJ
ASSASSIN
THE HOMIE JAZ
PLAYA RAE
DC
CRAZY TIMEZ
DIRT DOGG
L.O.C.
MC TWIST
...and the list goes on

Jun 24, 2005
www.MYSPACE.COM
@autistic - it aint that san jo has never had a hit, its just that the right promotional tools aint in place to get it out there. to me it feels like the south bay makes music for the south bay. somebody from frisco or oakland dont wanna hear southbay 408 san jose in a song they listen to over and over. they rather hear there spot bein shouted out

Jul 13, 2007
www.hottsauce.com
dats wat i was saying

its harder for us even with a hit song to get on the radio!! wild 94.9 is the only station that shows the 408 any luv! and i love kmel but the love is not there!! but everyting is goin to work out!
SILENCE said:
Thas wassup my dude. One of my potnas is out in Dallas area. He said it be crackin out there. I saw the flics of ya reppin out in Miami...SJ fitted and allllll. Thas what niggas need to do. Keep it GOTDAMN movin.
Lets politic famlee!

I think SJ hasn't had a radio hit because the majority of the radio djs are in the O or Frisco and therefore have an ear more to the streets out here. We need to build relationships with the djs. Get out of the 408 to put 408 out there...!

Jun 26, 2004
www.cellycel.net
I HAVE TO DISAGREE, THE BAY AND PEOPLE OUTSIDE THE BAY DO FUCK WIT SAN JOSE... FOR EXAMPLE

IM SIGNED WIT AP.9 OF THE MOB FIGAZ, RAN WIT CELLY CEL'S CAMP FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS, DONE SHOWS WIT SNOOP, TOO SHORT AND MILLION OTHER PEOPLE, I THINK THATS PEOPLE IN AND OUTSIDE THE BAY FUCKIN WIT SAN JO

ASSASSIN HAS FULL ALBUMS OF HIM WIT JT THA BIGGA FIGGA, SAN QUINN, MOPREME SHAKUR, AND WORKS WIT EVERYONE IN THE BAY, I THINK THATS PEOPLE FUCKIN WIT SAN JO ARTISTS

METAL MOUTH RECORDS HAS HAD THEIR MIXTAPES HOSTED BY TONS OF HUGE ARTISTS IN THE BAY AND HAVE THE MOST POPULAR URBAN T-SHIRT LINE IN THE BAY, THATS PEOPLE FUCKIN WIT SAN JO ARTISTS

TRAXXAMILLION DOES BEATS FOR EVERY RAPPER IN THE BAY, THEY ALL FUCK WIT SAN JO

I COULD GO ON AND ON AND ON... YOU GET THE POINT

I THINK WHAT YOU ARE REALLY TRYING TO ASK IS HOW COME SAN JO ARTISTS DON'T GET RADIO PLAY, AND HOW COME NONE HAVE MAJOR DEALS... REALLY THATS JUST HOW IT IS RIGHT NOW, THE TIME WILL COME

Apr 13, 2005
Real American

The Blueprint;
What needs to be put in light:
the san jose pd,they needa get hit on the rap tip,and be spoken about.Get the attention that they is worse then the NEW YORK PD...crook-ed-ERR then the LAPD...basically besides maricopa county the worse fuckin law system against minorities in the west coast. Lotta ni66as is doin a whole lota time beacuse em.People who have deep roots in the community and are feelin the pain of scores of family locked up.
Trealtv2 had some fooage of sjpd..seen a few other dvd's.But More video footage needs to hit utube,dvd documentarys,music videos about the law enforcemnet in your community & everything else that is wrong.....Shed the light.And not just now,but constantly every year till it gets so raw The police chief has to have a press confrence about the rapid rap violence growing in their community,or howevere else they want to misinterpretate it.

More younger artist need to step up and just drop them home recorded mixtapes and get established.Get heard and shape the landscape three dimensionally.Rap documenatrys like hood2hood, where each lil hood that got stripes get put in light positively.The real leaders of the sj rap community step up and drop compliations of All the Real mfkas from the entire southbay.ie;westcoast badboys,rompilation esque album.More rap eventsfreestyle stuff regardless of the constant police present and "violenct media reports"..Like don stop pushin."If you build it they wil come"<--->>>James earl jones ((( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qXkcPQUfJM )))

Shows every nite,5 days a week.San Jose rap artist need to be performin every nite at atleast one of those lavish clubs you guys get to call your own.Tourist,outsiders visting need to be hit by the rap aspect to be noticed& acknowledged.

Something to smoke a blunt2...
think hulk hogan in Wrestle Mania3..>>>(( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DE0LOMrb88 )) goin down the whole match...Then all of a sudden a second of good luck..tables turn ...you Hulk up.and body slam 758 pound 7foot 5 andre the giant.

Real American