The Rise & Fall of Bone Thugs?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 11, 2005
I saw the thread on the rise and fall of No Limit and thought it was interesting.

When and why do you think Bone fall off?

They used to be my favorite group. I was listening to them all the time during High School. I hardly listen to them anymore. I rather listen to people like T-Rock, Tech N9ne, K-Rino and Z-Ro

May 8, 2005
when dj u-neek was no longer part of the production. u-neek was like the 6th member of Bone. he made their best shit and is a hella dope producer. after resurrectoin it went down hill.

Jul 18, 2007
the only time i bump bone is when i reminisce or when im high...and its only their old shit..they got some aight new songs but i cant fuck with that latest shit they put out..

Aug 11, 2005
Imo

Bizzy was acting too selfish, not showing up during shows and video shoots, he thought he could succeed on his own.

Having too many labels, they should have stuck with Mo Thugs. Thugline and 7th Sign were failures and a waste of time.

Lying to their fans about taking it back to E.99 style.

Not willing to step their game up lyrically. How much time do they take to write their verses?

Recycling tracks and lyrics.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
After Crossroads seemed like every single they dropped they tried to copy the formula of that song but fell short, then Bizzy started going downhill. Ruthless also probably fucked them out of millions

Feb 5, 2006
Once Eazy passed it was over, You can really see his influence over the group in the first 2 albums. After that they keep droppin weak album after weak album and lost their flow. . .
Eazy's death was a hard shot but DJ Uneek was still there so at least they still had the music. I say they got better after E. 1999 with Art Of War, Thug Mentality, Resurrection,T.H.U.G.S., L-Burna, The Gift, Heaven'z Movie, Mo Thug 1 & 2.....

May 4, 2010
WWW.MADESICC.COM
Eazy's death was a hard shot but DJ Uneek was still there so at least they still had the music. I say they got better after E. 1999 with Art Of War, Thug Mentality, Resurrection,T.H.U.G.S., L-Burna, The Gift, Heaven'z Movie, Mo Thug 1 & 2.....
You think any of them albums you named are better then Creepin On Ah Come Up and E.1999? What are you smokin on? I need some of that. . .

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
^cosign, none of those above mentioned albums come close to their first 2 albums on ruthless

Feb 5, 2006
You think any of them albums you named are better then Creepin On Ah Come Up and E.1999? What are you smokin on? I need some of that. . .
I wouldnt say "better than" but all those other albums were a progression. And 4 the record a whole lotta blunts of kush, purp and dro have lit up the sky bumpin them albums 4 the last 13 years and countin ha ha

Nov 14, 2005
www.Siccness.Net
Creepin On The Come Up and East 1999 were Bone at their best period anything after they stopped fucking with the Quija Board no longer had that evil feel to it. I loved the Satanic Bone Thugs.

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
bone peaked success with e.1999 eternal...flesh n bone's album THUGS was good solo, bone adding Mo thugs fucked shit up....they thought they could operate a record label...bone was so backwards on the business end it was ridiculous....they were getting fucked by ruthless, in turn they were fucking over mo thugs artists....krayzie wanted souljah boy gone because he was over powering krayzie with his flow...its been said that krayzie bone had tombstone of the graveyard shift assassinated...

bizzy's heavens movie was a classic, krayzie's thug mentatlity also classic....layzies thug by nature...wasnt classic to me had a few good tracks...but i cant tolerate layzie for extended periods..... resurrection was a decent album...still trying to copy the success of the crossroads on a few of the tracks....thug world order ....what a fuckin nightmare of an album, but it was released only to get out of the ruthless contract...

they should have never done so many solo record labels..mo thug, thug line, 7th sign, fbi....and for what? only one that has been successful was mo thugs...and for most of bones career after ruthless they were black balled in the industry, nobody wanted to fuck with them up until swizz which was odd cause that was supposed to be like 2 albums on full surface...but it seemed like bone dropped full surface after strength and loyalty also an album that was decent but 3 bones to me aint bone thugs n harmony....it was a good album far better than that disaster known as UNI5.....a fucking comeback album that was poorly titled the worlds enemy...how so? nothing reflects enemy on that album it does reflect gay and bland which was UNI5 stood for....DJ Uneek wants to keep bone with that thuggish ruggish sound and i agree...do what sells...if not, drop the thug from the name and move on...bone wants to be on some grown man shit...maybe not all of bone but mainly krayzie...and krayzie spawns most of the tracks they do, he is the lead in the studio....at this point in bones career...they shouldnt even have to be rappers anymore..they should be so fuckin paid they can sit back and run shit....but their whole career has been plagued with bad contracts....and now with shitty music to go with it...didnt they get dropped from warner after UNI5 was released? and that was supposed to be 2-3 album deal......unfortunately bone will always try to repeat success on that crossroads level and they will continue to flop....i lost all hope in bone after this last album....hopefully if they decide to listen to uneek and drop a street album than maybe they can salvage some of their career.....

but really i just think bone sold they souls to the devil back in the day for fame and fortune, and when bone started blowin up they were perceived as devil worshippers because of the ouija board and dark shit...so they quickly abandoned it....thus going against the agreement and lucifer took it all away

edit: sorry for the article...i didnt know i was writing that much lol