"The Regionals"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 6, 2006
Ayo. This your dood Sniccrs, bruh bruh.
I'm at it again with yet another rant concerning the mighty MIGHTY Wa. (Fa Evergreen bless bless!)

"The Regionals" is just an idea I have. I collab full of UNOFFICIAL remixes of some of the most notable Northwess songs. From Sir Mix-A-Lot, E-Dawg, 151, UA, Dogg, Cool Nutz, S.P, Sonny...whoever got a good idea and run with it. Then use some of the hottest instrumentals of songs that are in rotation now, and collab over those. Double disc shit, yuhdig?

Iont know. It's just somethin that I been thinking about. I'm recording hard...shit probly not as hard as a lot of you, and Im prepping to start looking into lining up shows in the Tac area here in March. Summertime is gone be crackin, doggy. Real talk.

Apr 6, 2006
D, I've been sittin on my own Mixtape versions of "Hooptie" "Drop Drop" and "Sprung On The Cat". I mean, just housing these shits. I wanna do a big ass Northwess version of "My Posse's On Broadway". Maybe I can just see it, yuhdig?

Preme, you've also got a point too. It's niccas with CRACK out here, b. Real talk.

Apr 25, 2002
Premo said:
id rather hear nw production
Agree 100%, I can't stand mixtapes if the artists use industry beats. To me that's like saying indirectly 'we suck' if they have to use the national guys sound.

I'd love to see a great regional compilation however, I'm sick of making them myself and posting them on here. I want to see a real one similar to the Mr. D.O.G.'s "Northwest Ridin" compilation, but with better music from more artists.

Apr 6, 2006
The purpose of using a pop. industry beat is somethin that people recognize of the bat...then they hear someone else over a track they like and it's easier to take it in. If a dude can hold his own on someone else's beat, most of the time, they do their thing on their own fuckin songs...dont get me wrong, there are those cases where I'd be puttin my foot in my mouth right now tho.

Apr 25, 2002
MrSniccrs said:
The purpose of using a pop. industry beat is somethin that people recognize of the bat...then they hear someone else over a track they like and it's easier to take it in. If a dude can hold his own on someone else's beat, most of the time, they do their thing on their own fuckin songs...dont get me wrong, there are those cases where I'd be puttin my foot in my mouth right now tho.
Yeah I know. It's kind of an equalizer of sorts, b/c the big name guys usually have better production than the little guys, so it levels the playing field.

I can understand how to the average listener, the industry beats mixtape is what they're more likely to like.

Apr 6, 2006
Well there are clever concepts then there are just bullshit freestyle verses. I defend this because I have done both. I have a catalog fulla mixtape shit that has just sat because once I ran thru the board, they dumped a lot of it due to being just "fillers"...like a lot of shit on people albums...4 hot songs and 12 fillers.

Apr 14, 2003
i feel you....i think if you're going to put at least some effort into some mixtape shit then it's all good...but if not then that shit should be put up for download or handed out for free...fuck filler tracks