the portland trailblazers

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 18, 2008
Rip City
Whats ya'lls thoughts on Outlaw? He is a terrific athlete, but god damn all he does is shoot, he rarely passes and he always settles for top of the key fade aways. he almost lost the game for us VS kings with that out of control shot.

yea he can be clutch and he is a good player to have off the bench, but it just seems he looks for the shot 90% of the time he gets the ball......i think we should move him while his stock is high.

Also, what do you think nate is going to do when Martell gets back? will Batum come off the bench? how many minutes you think batum is going to lose when he returns? gonna be tough for nate to divide the minutes.

Jun 27, 2005
Whats ya'lls thoughts on Outlaw? He is a terrific athlete, but god damn all he does is shoot, he rarely passes and he always settles for top of the key fade aways. he almost lost the game for us VS kings with that out of control shot.

yea he can be clutch and he is a good player to have off the bench, but it just seems he looks for the shot 90% of the time he gets the ball......i think we should move him while his stock is high.

Also, what do you think nate is going to do when Martell gets back? will Batum come off the bench? how many minutes you think batum is going to lose when he returns? gonna be tough for nate to divide the minutes.
I think Outlaw will back up the 4 and Frye is the odd man out and will only see spot minutes when there's foul trouble. Martel and Batum take over the SF spot exclusively.

Jun 27, 2005
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/081126&sportCat=nba

Bill Simmons (ESPN) said:
5. "Can we just change New York's name to the New York Expiring Contracts?" -- 500 different readers

Done and done. It's certainly one of the weirdest situations in sports history: a franchise announcing, "We are throwing the next two years away, only our fans will hopefully be sophisticated enough to realize why we're doing it."

And they are. I don't know a single Knicks fan who isn't OK with this direction. Of course, if LeBron cares about winning titles over everything else, then Portland is the play unless Cleveland loads its team to the point that he'd be crazy to leave. But I think he cares about winning titles AND positioning himself as the most famous athlete alive. He's smart enough to know what the New York market means for him, as well as the hype/media/attention that accompanies a superstar moving to a mega-market in his prime. If he stays in Cleveland, he's treading water. If he moves to New York, that becomes the biggest sports story of that year. And for all the Global Icon things he wants to accomplish -- clothing lines, production companies, sponsors, etc. -- he needs to be in New York or L.A on a daily basis. Those are the two cities in which Global Icon stuff happens.
I didnt think that even if there was a chance he would sign here that we would have cap space in 2010. Did I miss something? I thought 2009 is when our cap space kicks in and then it's gone the next year when Roy and Aldridge sign extensions. For the sake of the conversation lets assume LeBron wants to be a Blazer. How could we possibly sign him?

Jun 27, 2005
^^^^^Bwhahahhhhaahahaha keep dreamin homie!!! Not clowning either just real talk!!! Got Em!!!
If you were payin attention you would see that I'm not the one who said LeBron should or would go to Portland. I was commenting on something Bill Simmons said, and I am just curious as to why he thinks that even if James wanted to sign here, how it would be possible.

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
If you were payin attention you would see that I'm not the one who said LeBron should or would go to Portland. I was commenting on something Bill Simmons said, and I am just curious as to why he thinks that even if James wanted to sign here, how it would be possible.
I hear ya man, but when I saw that I couldnt help but laugh!! Trust me u dont have to worry about that!! I 100% guarantee that wont happen!! If James leaves Cleveland it will be to go to a big market man!! Portland aint close to that!! Got Em!!

Jan 18, 2008
Rip City
The Portland Trail Blazers and Memphis Grizzlies are seriously discussing a multiplayer trade that centers on the exchange of forward Travis Outlaw and point guard Mike Conley, league sources said Friday.

The talks have been ongoing for weeks, sources said, and could be inching toward a completion.

“[Portland GM] Kevin Pritchard needs to pull the trigger for this to happen,” one source familiar with the negotiations said.

The salaries of Outlaw and Conley would allow for a one-on-one swap, but both teams want to include additional players and contracts to satisfy other needs, including Portland’s Sergio Rodriguez and Memphis’ Hakim Warrick and Javaris Crittenton. It is unlikely that this trade will happen if it’s a straight-up exchange of Outlaw and Conley.

Outlaw, 24, and Conley, 21, are both represented by agent Bill Duffy, and a source said that he’s been actively involved in facilitating the deal.

Portland has long coveted Conley, in large part because of his childhood friendship with center Greg Oden. Conley and Oden grew up together in Indianapolis, playing together through a Final Four season at Ohio State. Pritchard knows that Conley has the credibility to get in Oden’s face when he needs a push, and that’s played an important part in his trade explorations.

The Blazers have been active on several trade fronts, including discussions earlier this season with the Atlanta Hawks that would’ve included a package for point guard Mike Bibby. Those talks died when the Hawks started the season with five straight victories.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A2KIPH8.cjBJelcByAE5nYcB?slug=ys-conleyoutlaw112808&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Jan 18, 2008
Rip City
With how good sergio has been playing and the fact that he is only 21 and how he is friends with rudy, i would hate to see him leave. That would be tight to hook up Oden with his homie Conley. Although, Conley hasent really showed much in his abilities as a PG (6.7 PPG and only 3.9APG), but who knows, we all know Pritch will make the right move, he is a genius

Feb 17, 2008
yeah...i dont know about that trade. i wouldnt mind seeing travis leave, but fuckin conley? dont know how much him just being freinds with greg would actually help, and that just means that we would have 4 gaurds, unless one got packaged up, and if we dont package bayless in there, what is that sayin to him? I don't think that this will happen, but i do agree with southerncomfort, whatever KP is doing, I believe in him to make the right decision.