The Official Special Effects Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Krizz has a verse, and Tech at one point said that it was better than his. Although, Tech has two verses on there, so he might've gone back to do another to try and top Krizz. I don't like a "Worldwide" song only having three artists on there, instead of what the "series" intended to do (and this is the "last in the series" too?!), but... whatever.

Joseph Bishara, the composer for Insideous, The Conjouring and Annabelle was involved in the production of Shroud.

Last edited:

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
I have a full theater sound system at my workplace and I've been playing all the new songs on it this week. With that said, there's plenty of bass to share. There's surprisingly a bit of 5.1 use with On The Bible. Zuse's laugh travels through multiple channels, which makes the song even weirder than stereo.

Nov 4, 2005
How can u achieve anything like that with a YouTube rip, it has got to sound like shit
[edit] nevermind, didnt realize iTunes released it

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2004
www.myspace.com
Krizz has a verse, and Tech at one point said that it was better than his. Although, Tech has two verses on there, so he might've gone back to do another to try and top Krizz. I don't like a "Worldwide" song only having three artists on there, instead of what the "series" intended to do (and this is the "last in the series" too?!), but... whatever.

Joseph Bishara, the composer for Insideous, The Conjouring and Annabelle was involved in the production of Shroud.
I think both Tech and Krizz will deliver, there's so much hype for this track that I don't see them dropping the ball. As for the Shroud track, I'm curious how it will sound. I've always respected Tech's creativity and his appreciation for composition. I remember way back when he was trying to get John Carpenter on a track, too bad it didn't happen.

Feb 17, 2009
www.twitter.com
http://www.mtv.com/news/2125964/eminem-tech-n9ne-speedom-wwc2/

Eminem is definitely one of the most sought-after rappers in the game. So, when Tech N9ne was looking for guests to appear on his upcoming Special Effects album, he had to find Marshall Mathers, someone he’s been trying to collaborate with for years.

“I’ve been wanting to work with Eminem for a long time,” Tech N9ne told HotNewHipHop about their collaboration, “Speedom (WWC2).” “It’s funny saying this on the mic ’cause I haven’t been able to say this to anybody, [but] Eminem finally came through and blessed me with a 24-bar verse, when I only needed a 16.”

Yep. Not only did Em deliver his verse, he also unleashed more than Tech asked for.

“He felt it that much,” Tech explained. “It’s a track that’s paying homage to Richie Havens, rest his soul… It’s such a massive and beautiful song. It’s really personal to me because of [folk singer] Richie Havens and that long-awaited Tech N9ne/Eminem collaboration everyone always wanted.”

more: Could Eminem’s Fastest Verse Ever Be On The Way?

The Seven-produced track, which also features a hook by Strange Music’s Krizz Kaliko, is just one of the many collaborations on the upcoming Special Effects album. According to the Strange MC, the project is also slated to feature Lil Wayne, 2 Chainz, T.I., Slipknot‘s Corey Taylor and Hopsin, among others.

But the Em collaboration is huge because fans have been waiting on this duet for years. In 2011, Tech N9ne revealed to HipHopDX that they were supposed to team up on the independent titan’s “So Lonely” cut off his All 6’s & 7’s album.

That didn’t pan out, but it looks like they finally connected again following their 1999 collaboration “The Anthem,” which appeared on Sway & King Tech’s This Or That compilation album.

Nov 14, 2002
But the Em collaboration is huge because fans have been waiting on this duet for years. In 2011...
2011?

MTV.com obviously doesn't want to bring up 2002 because most of their viewers were 1 at the time.

What any other site would have said was...

But the Em collaboration is huge because fans have been waiting on this duet for well over a decade. In 2002...

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2002
Here's to hoping Bass Ackwards is a Blood song.

Also, I'm excited to hear Oober and Tech on a song titled their last name.
Bass Ackwards has to be a blood song. With the artists involved there is no way it's not. I'm excited about that one... hopefully they all come through hard. Down for the block is still the hardest I've heard Tech go on a B song. Hopefully Back Ackwards outshines it. Hopefully Wayne comes correct, sucks Kutt has sand in his vagina and isn't on it.

Apr 1, 2015

I was thinking the same. But since this one with em is going to be big I wouldnt be Surprised if they threw in a remix after with more rappers trying to get inn that track.

Feb 17, 2009
www.twitter.com
I'll probably get shit for saying this, and although I do like the song, I wish the collab had went in a totally different direction. I repeat: I like the song, but something is just off about it. I was thoroughly expecting Tech to mention Eminem's name and then talk about the history between the two of them and being elite emcees and although Em did mention Tech in his verse, the whole thing just felt very, very random. Em's verse actually kind of annoyed me and Tech did pretty minimal speed rapping for it being a fast rapping type song. I'm sure it will grow on me but those are my initial thoughts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2008
I'll probably get shit for saying this, and although I do like the song, I wish the collab had went in a totally different direction. I repeat: I like the song, but something is just off about it. I was thoroughly expecting Tech to mention Eminem's name and then talk about the history between the two of them and being elite emcees and although Em did mention Tech in his verse, the whole thing just felt very, very random. Em's verse actually kind of annoyed me and Tech did pretty minimal speed rapping for it being a fast rapping type song. I'm sure it will grow on me but those are my initial thoughts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yo that would of been corny as fuck bro...lol.

Last edited: