The OFFICIAL Sequel Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
You could have just said that and that would have sufficed, since that is what it REALLY comes down to...being entertained.

Not really because I wouldn't be so passionate about how much I hate this movie if I was simply not entertained. That is why I took the time to point out how many things I found bad about the movie, because it was more than just not being entertained. There are plenty of movies out there that just don't do it for me, but I can respect because they are well made or have other intrinsic value.

If there weren't so many people that passionately pushed this movie as "classic" and other outlandish statements about it's quality I wouldn't feel like I have to take such a stand.

Someone's gotta look out for people. If one person that sees this movie and doesn't like it and remembers back and says to themselves "Damn mad people on the siccness jocked this movie, but CB was right" that's enough for me. Even better if I can prevent someone from wasting a few hours of their life the way I did taking someone's opinion on this shit movie.

I'm ok being the lone wolf on this one.

May 9, 2002
Even better if I can prevent someone from wasting a few hours of their life the way I did taking someone's opinion on this shit movie..
I feel that everyone needs to form their own opinion though. I mean, if you hadn't seen it, you couldn't rag on it all the time, right? You wouldn't have known how bad it was. We can go off other's judgments but we will never get the fully monty unless we actually go through the experience.

Feb 12, 2006
The only sequel I am anticipating is Boondock Saints 2 All Saints Day.

The sequel of Boondock Saints:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1300851/

If you haven't seen the first part. I recommend this one!
The trailer doesn't do the movie any good though..
It's funny you said that, I saw this thread and this is the only sequel I could think of that I really want to see. I didn't think I would come on here and someone would have that shit up already lol.

Mar 18, 2003
I'm not favorable very often.

But since you offer no reasons why the movie was good and don't take the opportunity to challenge any of my reasoning for why it sucks I'll have to believe your criteria for a "classic" (not just good, but a classic no less) is gun violence and the word "fuck" since those are the only things the movie was able to do, for lack of a better word, well.
How am I going to refute your criteria of this movie when you have made nothing but generalizations about it. Telling us the plot sucks (which in itself is rediculous) without actually telling us how or why it sucks leaves your critique with much to desire. Two brothers taking up arms to combat evil; murderers, drug dealers, etc. while winning over the support of the people-- and to some degree law enforcement--is a great storyline. Not to mention they have a plug into the mafia through one of their friends, who agrees to give up names and addresses of each person. The acting was perfect for the way Troy Duffy was attempting to portray this film with elements of comedy, action, and drama. It may not have been Oscar caliber but it did not intend to be (there is a such thing as over-acting). This film must be taken at face value.

I'm ok being the lone wolf on this one.
Your loss, certainly not ours.

May 14, 2002
It's funny you said that, I saw this thread and this is the only sequel I could think of that I really want to see. I didn't think I would come on here and someone would have that shit up already lol.
I was also the only sequel I only could think of, I only posted that earlier then you because of the time difference, lol