The OFFICIAL Sequel Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
I wanna see a Sequel to Superman Returns.

Superman Movie Absent From Warner Bros’ 2011 Calendar
Posted 21 hrs ago by Brian Warmoth in DC Comics, News

Warner Bros. Entertainment’s 2011 calendar of tentpole movie property releases includes “The Green Lantern,” “Sherlock Holmes,” and “The Hobbit, Part 1,” but a new Superman movie remains conspicuously absent — especially given Judge Stephen G. Larson’s requirement that such a film go into production.

While the schedule does include a June 17, 2011, release for Ryan Reynolds debut in “Green Lantern,” there is no slot allotted yet for the Last Son of Krypton, according to Variety. Superman’s exclusion corroborates Warner Bros. chairman Alan Horn’s recent testimony in the court case between Warner Bros. and the families of Superman creators Joe Shuster and Jerry Siegel that 2012 would be the earliest that anyone could expect to see a new movie.

Though the Court ruled that Warner Bros. did not owe damages to the Siegel and Schuster families as a result of agreements surrounding “Superman Returns,” it did make a point of stating that damages could be sought if a new Superman film does not go into production by 2011.

That means the clock will be ticking as Warner Bros. decides what their next move will be. A 2012 release could put a new Superman film alongside Guillermo del Toro’s “The Hobbit, Part 2,” which already has a December release planned for that year.

Sep 12, 2005
I love superman stuff, but i was not a fan of Superman Returns. I'm pretty sure the actual superman said like 5 lines total in that movie. They should start over and make it dark like the batman series, and change the actor, i'd rather they use the smallville dude instead of that other guy.

Apr 25, 2002
The only sequel I am anticipating is Boondock Saints 2 All Saints Day.

God as if the first one wasn't bad enough. Is the same douche that made the first one making this too? I'd assme he'd have to be, right?

I will defend my view that Boodock Saints is crap until I die or until people see the light.

Fans of Boondock Saints should check out the movie "Overnight" it is a documentary about the arrogant bastard that made the movie. It is available on netflix.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overnight

Apr 25, 2002
He was the writer/director . . . I don't think he produced.

Check out the doc though. It is worth seeing the drama behind the making of a movie - especially if you like it.

Apr 25, 2002
What is it that you hate so much about Boondock Saints?
Boondock Saints = The dialog is horrid. The plot sucks. The pacing of the “film” is crappy. Bad acting (except for Defoe, but him being good(questionable) in it wasn’t enough to save the movie, nor to make it worthy of jocking). Could there have been a worse ending, maybe, but you’d have to intentionally try and make one. Horrible editing – fade in fade out, fade in fade out, should be a course on how NOT to do non-linear story telling. Trys to be a serious "gangster" flick but instead comes off as a parady of them.
Plus I wasn't entertained.

Mar 18, 2003
Boondock Saints is a classic, period. I was fed all kinds of hype on the movie and only saw it for the first time a couple of years ago. Needless to say it didn't dissapoint at all. If your point of view towards this movie is any indication to your overall taste in movies then you might not be a very favorable "critic" at all.

Apr 25, 2002
then you might not be a very favorable "critic" at all.
I'm not favorable very often.

But since you offer no reasons why the movie was good and don't take the opportunity to challenge any of my reasoning for why it sucks I'll have to believe your criteria for a "classic" (not just good, but a classic no less) is gun violence and the word "fuck" since those are the only things the movie was able to do, for lack of a better word, well.