THE OFFICIAL SAN QUINN - "THE ROCK" THREAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
this shit knock mayn...i don't give a fuck about opinions if you ain't feelin this album yous a lame stuck on trends. open up your eyes mufuckas quinn IS THE TRUTH!!! cop and slap that rock yall.

STS

Sicc OG
Sep 12, 2002
Done Deal Kenny said:
for people "voicing they opinion": once again, we dont make albums for the bay area or one hood. quinn still reppin fillmoe/d street in damn near every song. quinn aint making hyphy music for u youngsters. he's never been on that. we have NATIONAL distribution so we tried to make a bay area album with mainstream appeal and i think we did a good job at that. quinn was bustin and the beats were knockin. we dont expect to please everybody but i know that quinn made a great album. it is what it is... go out and support this record on Feb. 7th when the numbers count!
Come on now nobody brought up nothing about making hyphy music. The cat was talking about wheres the Tone Capone beats and stuff like that. "we dont expect to please everybody but i know that quinn made a great album. " Your goal should be to PLEASE EVERYONE, not just certain targets thats what makes a 'great album' a 'classic album.' I supported the album and went out and bought it and was a good album but when you compare it to I Give You My Word its no where as close as the quality level to that. I Give You My Word had dope lyrics, dope features, dope production, dope promotion. I remember Chuck going all out on the promo for that album, only promo that I have noticed for this is posters on holloway street at sf state which were taken down in few days. Maybe I havent been look out as much. But the guy 'hella numb' made a valid point so dont got to downplay it and say hyphy music this that. Cause I for one own almost all quinn albums cause they are slaping and the hyphy movement is a joke to me for the most part. But my opinion on this album was basacailly:
hella_numb said:
this was takin from my post in kontac's thread.

Tell you the truth I aint liking the cd. There is about 3-4 songs I can listen to. Seems like money was spent on it but the vibe it had I didnt like. Only song that was good to me was Kick Yo Ass. Other then that I had such high hopes for this cd since I Give you My Word was classic. He had features on this one but none of them were special beside ya boy. Nothing on this cd stood out at all to me, sorry call me a hater if you want but thats my opinon. Bought the cd after i got out of class today and dont really feel the need to listen to it again. Where was tone capone on this one? his beats made the last cd. anyways sure some of you will like this cd but i really dont.
good cd? YES - Classic cd? NO

Feb 8, 2003
This cd is good not superior like yall making it to be. I really did buy store copy yesterday from The Record Arcade here in Cincinnati.

Also some of yall need to be honest and stop contradicting and admit you didnt buy it bc I was servin the net today and booooooom I saw this album someone leaked it and the page it was on had more then 50 replies.

C

CCCUser925

i bought 2 copies..one for me and one for my cousin that lives in FL...shippin his album out tomorrow morning...

but this album knoooooocks...so if you see it..BUY IT!

Jan 3, 2006
www.myspace.com
If people are getting the CD b4 it's out then what is that doing for sales? Did the people they buy it from get a official copy cuz if not then you're not helpin the bay blow at all.

If someone posted the Rock in the audio section than someone should ban that boy.

Benzo

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
average album, i could see me bumpin sometimes, not a classic by any stretch tho, san quinn to me seems like he tryin too hard to sound hard.

Jun 23, 2002
^ i agree, i feel thats when Quinns at his best, when he makes that feel good/music with a message, whatever you wanna call it, but he got a lot of deep tracks on this one...cant forget to mention ya boy came thru pretty clean as well...very happy with this release...not the best, but still great

Aug 26, 2002
Hard Times
Young Tre said:
If people are getting the CD b4 it's out then what is that doing for sales?
If it's an official copy, the sales still count. even if it is sold before street date it counts on sound scan. Stores generally get cds early. anywhere from 1 day to weeks before street date. and if it's an underground release stores might not relalize when the street date is. but the scans still count