The Official Oakland Raiders 2012 Offseason Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 24, 2006
i think leinart was a good pickup. last year before he got hurt in the 1st half he was 10 for 13 with 57 yards and a touchdown. i think if palmer goes down we will be better off than with pryor as back-up.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
JaMarcus Russell prolly has a pretty good highlight tape too...
so what are you saying? Miles Burris is gonna be a garbage player like Jamarcus Russell? (assuming you're referring to the previous comments regarding his highlight tape posted on here)

I get that you can't base your entire opinion of a guy on his highlight tape, but is there something wrong with pointing out good things you see on a highlight tape?

I'm sure Reggie McKenzie did his homework and did a little more than just watch a couple youtube videos.

You guys just like to discredit any move the Raiders make, huh?

May 6, 2009
so what are you saying? Miles Burris is gonna be a garbage player like Jamarcus Russell? (assuming you're referring to the previous comments regarding his highlight tape posted on here)

I get that you can't base your entire opinion of a guy on his highlight tape, but is there something wrong with pointing out good things you see on a highlight tape?

I'm sure Reggie McKenzie did his homework and did a little more than just watch a couple youtube videos.

You guys just like to discredit any move the Raiders make, huh?
They're the biggest hypocrites on this forum. Most of them, at least.

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
im not tryin to discredit the pick, only pointing out that you should let the kid play a few downs before they start carving his bust for the HOF...

ive been sayin the same thing to my friends about AJ Jenkins, they keep tellin me how dope he is, and my response is lets just see how it plays out...

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
im not tryin to discredit the pick, only pointing out that you should let the kid play a few downs before they start carving his bust for the HOF...

ive been sayin the same thing to my friends about AJ Jenkins, they keep tellin me how dope he is, and my response is lets just see how it plays out...
who said he's going to the HOF though? I don't get what you're saying. he just pointed out some good things he saw in his highlight tape

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I mean, I would know what you were getting that if people were actually in here hyping the guy up like he is gonna be a pro bowl player... but that's not the case. anyways, like you said... this is pointless, and I win.:cool:

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
good article on pryor here, I'll just quote a few parts and give the link to the full thing:

A slight smile creeps across his face when he thinks about his current situation. He is so focused he has been training on and off the field six days a week, resting only on Sunday. He says he has not been back home to see friends and family, including his father, who had been suffering from pneumonia.

"I feel like if I take a day off, somebody is outworking me and I'm losing an opportunity to get a percentage point better," he said. "Coach Tressel used to always tell us to get 1 percent better each day. Drew Brees said the same thing in his book, just try to get 1 percent better, 2 percent better each day. What is 1 percent or 2 percent? I don't know. But I know it's important to be aiming toward goals rather than sitting in a chair and flying and going to see people, and just being happy that you're in the NFL and people are saying your name. I don't look for that. I look to work hard and stay to myself and work to accomplish my goals, what I believe I can do. I feel if I take any time off I'm screwing myself."

"He certainly has been here and putting in some hours to make sure that he's getting better," Allen said recently. "The thing that I've been impressed with is, Terrelle is very, very eager to learn. That's what you look for in a young guy like that. He's hungry for it, and he's working. It's obvious he's got great physical talents. I was out there and they were throwing, and just looking at him he's really impressive. But like any young player he's got to develop a full understanding of the game, because it's more complex than it is in college. The thing that I talk to him about is, don't worry about anything other than you just working to get better every single day, in the meeting rooms, on the field, everything you do. At the end of the day the results will take care of themselves."

When asked what he took from last year, Pryor steered the conversation back to the start of his troubles at Ohio State.

"It was humbling," he said. "A mistake I made when I was a freshman by selling my pants for $3,000 just took away everything from me. I was just driven into the ground. I was the worst person in the world. My face popped up on the screen, and it seemed like I was the only one who did anything. I was the only one who was getting attacked. At that point last year, I'm 21 and it just felt like everything was against me, like I can't do anything right. I did something to help somebody else out, and I end up getting into trouble. I understand. I shouldn't have sold the stuff and taken $3,000. But I was kind of in a place where I didn't understand why this is happening to me -- especially for the reason that I did it.

"The reason why I did it was to pay my mother's gas bill and some of her rent. She was four months behind in rent, and the [landlord] was so nice because he was an Ohio State fan. He gave her the benefit of the doubt and she said, 'My son will pay you back sometime if you just let me pay you back during my work sessions.' She ended up losing her job, and she and my sister lived there. Let me remind you it was freezing cold in November, December, and she's using the oven as heat. That's what I did as a kid. I was telling the NCAA, 'Please, anything that you can do. I gave my mother this so my sister wouldn't be cold, so my mother wouldn't be cold.' They didn't have any sympathy for me. It's not like I went there and bought new Jordans. It's documented. Whenever I write my book the proof will be in there, the receipt that the money I gave my mother was to pay the electric and heat bill. The truth is going to come out one day when the time is right. I don't think I deserved [being punished] in that way, because of the reason I was doing it. I felt like I was doing God's work in a way, and I was getting driven into the ground.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...05/09/terrelle.pryor/index.html#ixzz1uOKB4OS9

He ain't no jamarcus. dude has the same work ethic as dhb, except he isn't being thrown into the starting lineup right away. so he'll get a chance to develop behind palmer. I think he'll be the #2 once the season starts. it's good to see that his head is in the right place, he's dedicated.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I've never been big on Pryor being the Raiders starting QB, but reading parts of that article kind of makes me want to root for the guy. I'm still not sold that he'll be good enough to be ever be the Raiders starting QB, but he at least deserves a shot to compete if he's putting in the work

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
It doesnt take a good LB to make the "highlights" he did in that video
Either you're a hater or you know nothing about football. It's got to be one or the other! Not only was he containing the edge and not getting tricked, he was fighting off blocks and stuffing the run too! Go learn the game of football or shut up!

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
Either you're a hater or you know nothing about football. It's got to be one or the other! Not only was he containing the edge and not getting tricked, he was fighting off blocks and stuffing the run too! Go learn the game of football or shut up!
his highlight reel had some nice hits in it, but it had nothing that seperates him from a average OLB. hes gonna be nice on special teams, but its gonna take a few years at least for him to crack the startin lineup.