THE OFFICIAL OAKLAND RAIDERS 2009 OFFSEASON THREAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 15, 2002
• Sources say Al Davis is willing to cut maligned Raiders S Michael Huff if he doesn’t show improvement in the near future. Huff, the team’s 2006 first-round pick (seventh overall), has been working at strong safety during OTAs and minicamps, and we hear he’s likely to be released if he doesn’t earn a starting spot. The 26-year-old has been a major disappointment and was demoted from the starting lineup to the bench midway through last season. He has yet to show signs of figuring things out this offseason.

• Word out of Oakland is Raiders fourth-round pick WR Louis Murphy impressed observers with his work ethic during the team’s OTAs and minicamps. Murphy stood out in a receiving corps in major need of a playmaker, while first-round choice WR Darrius Heyward-Bey spent much of his time on the sideline nursing a hamstring injury.

Oct 18, 2008
good he hasnt done shit for us anyway.....lets just hope he doesnt be good some where else

AND great news from louis murphy i think he can be a good wr

Sep 5, 2006
Raiders' Huff must shape up quickly

• Sources say Al Davis is willing to cut maligned Raiders S Michael Huff if he doesn’t show improvement in the near future. Huff, the team’s 2006 first-round pick (seventh overall), has been working at strong safety during OTAs and minicamps, and we hear he’s likely to be released if he doesn’t earn a starting spot. The 26-year-old has been a major disappointment and was demoted from the starting lineup to the bench midway through last season. He has yet to show signs of figuring things out this offseason.

• Word out of Oakland is Raiders fourth-round pick WR Louis Murphy impressed observers with his work ethic during the team’s OTAs and minicamps. Murphy stood out in a receiving corps in major need of a playmaker, while first-round choice WR Darrius Heyward-Bey spent much of his time on the sideline nursing a hamstring injury.

Sep 5, 2006
----

Related Articles
Raiders may have struck gold with Frantz Joseph

Since Franz Joseph was signed by the Oakland Raiders out of Florida Atlantic University following the draft, he has become somewhat of a folk hero among the Raider faithful.

With his compelling personal story, having left the more athletically prestigious Boston College for the lesser known Florida-Atlantic University so he could be closer to his mom, along with being an intriguing undrafted free agent has given him that 'underdog' status that fans tend to get behind.

I interviewed Joseph soon after he was signed by the Raiders, and he kept talking about hard work and doing whatever it takes to win.

He has been bringing it so far in camp. He has been playing mostly in third team and special teams drills, but he has been all over the field. He closed the second OTA session with an interception off the hands of Lorenzo Neal.

I caught up with Frantz at the end of last Wednesday's OTA session.

Q: How's practice going for you so far?

Its going pretty good. Studying my playbook every night, and just getting the plays down. I am just waiting for the opportunity to put the pads on.

Q: You closed last week's practice with an interception, how was that?

It was great, just breaking to the ball. I got a little lucky there, he tipped that ball and you gotta catch it.

Q: How do you feel you are progressing so far?

I think I am doing very well. I am a student of the game. Every night I am in the playbook. I am familiar with the defensive scheme, so its really not that tough for me. For me, I am just waiting to put the pads on. As a linebacker, unless you are in pads and drop some stuff, you can't tell the run fits how you are really doing, as far as point of attack.

Q: How's the special teams work coming?

Its going great. Coming in learning and going hard every day on every special teams. All four of the special teams, that's very fun too.

I will be checking back with Frantz during training camp, once he gets the pads on and see how his progression is coming. He is a guy that the Raider Nation can't help but to root for.

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
I thought Huff was gonna go hard like almost every other Longhorn secondarymen did in the NFL.....This is highly dissapointing for me....I THOUGHT he was a ball hawk......He's to skinny to lay the wood......And last year i did see him make some nice plays on balls in the air......He's still young.....I say one more year and than get rid if nothing improves......

Feb 10, 2009
South Sacramento
MICHAEL BUSH IS BETTER THAN DARREN MCFADDEN ?

Michael Bush might be a better pro than Darren McFadden ????

Bush is more of a Power Running Back and McFadden has Power and Speed,but who knows what happens in the future we just got 2 wait & see......if i was the coach i would start D-MAC but Bush is more strong and durable

They could use D-MAC as a decoy and then let Bush find the open holes