THE OFFICIAL GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS 2009 OFFSEASON THREAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 18, 2008
cuz nellie dont play rookies so let miller start have jennings as a backup till he shows he can do it in the nba

and move ellis back to sg

Feb 21, 2006
www.trunkmuzik.blogspot.com
He probally will if they're a guard. He didn't hesitate to play Buike, Morrow and Watson as undrafted rookies.
Buike and Watson came up from the D-League so Nelly had enough trust in them. Morrow probably got more playtime than he was suppose to get because everybody was out injured throughout the whole season. i really doubt they are gonna keep the #7 draft pick

Dec 4, 2005
no insider but heres an article from the insider about stephen jackson and how to guard kobe. haha. pretty decent read.

Intel: Guarding Kobe Bryant
I. Our Man on the Inside:
STEPHEN JACKSON, F/G, WARRIORS
Stephen Jackson has routinely covered the NBA’s top wings during his nine-year NBA career. And the Warrior is still going strong — he averaged 1.5 spg this season. So as the Western Conference finals roll on, we got him to reveal the little tricks necessary to slow down Kobe Bryant.

II. Stay Focused
“You just can’t relax, not one second. Most guys, they catch it on the wing, you know they’re going to wait for everybody to set up and run the play. But Kobe is liable to take the shot if he senses you’re sitting back. You have to be up on him the entire game.”

III. Deny
“Your best bet is not to allow him to get the ball, because once he has it there are just too many things he can do. Be in deny mode the whole time. Make the ball go the other way. That frustrates him. He hates when he can’t get the ball, so when he does get it, he’s a little more likely to force something.”

IV. Body Up
“Once he has the ball, you can’t just put a hand up. He’s so good at creating contact, taking the ball up through your arm, that that’s an automatic foul. I get up into his body as much as I can with my hands out to my sides, not in his face or his chest. You can’t shade him one way or the other. He’s better pulling up and shooting going left and he’s better going all the way to the rim going right, but that doesn’t mean he’s going to do those things. He’s just as likely to go all the way to the rim going left or pull up going right. You’re just better off living with a go-right jumper or a go-left drive.”

V. Ask For Help
“I always try to turn him to the middle of the paint. That’s not the way you play most guys, but he’s one of the best at going baseline — either baseline. Your big man just doesn’t have enough time to get over to help and if he does, Kobe is so good at drawing contact that now you’re putting your big man in foul trouble. If I push him to the middle, I have a better chance of getting some help or sending him where there’s a crowd. And that way my big man can contest the shot without having to slide or get across the lane. He has Kobe coming right at him. Lucky him, right?”

May 15, 2002
I'm quite disturbed by these rumors of getting Baron back. I think that era is over and would rather see them go for a younger PG then trying to relive the glory days with Baron.

Feb 21, 2003
http://www.draftexpress.com/blog/Jonathan-Givony/#NBA-Draft-Roundup-May-24-3227

"The Warriors are rumored to have strong interest in Brandon Jennings according to several NBA teams drafting in their area, although they may decide to go in another direction if they are able to execute a trade with the Clippers for Baron Davis."

as exciting as jennings is, bd is tested, proven, and would get us back to winning alot quicker than a rookie could..

Jan 5, 2006
a rookie would develop and make us good for a long time, BD would be a temporary fix thats if hes the old baron that was there when they pulled the upset on the mavs, if its the Baron that was with the clippers last season, Do Not Want! Plus he'd cost more than a rookie would.