The official Breaking Bad is an awesome fucking show thread.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 7, 2006
well sons of anarchy seems to have a clearer direction and shit

but i like the walking dead more just because of subject matter and nothing else. ive always kind of disliked motorcycles and the whole biker culture, but sons of anarchy is definitely the more popular show

both seem kind of shitty compared to breaking bad, lol
breaking bad ruins TV for me lol. i used to think shows were amazing but then i watched breaking bad. i go back to those same shows and think it's average at best lol.

Jun 24, 2005
So I just got into Breaking Bad a month ago. I watched the first three seasons on Netflix. I just downloaded the fourth season last night...17 gigs in under nine hours. I gotta wait for the wifey though. I watched the first season, and several episodes of the second season by myself, then she was in the room with me doing schoolwork, and she got hooked to it too lmao.

I know I'm hella late on this show, but it's fucking awesome. I hardly ever watch a show on TV regularly, but I HAD to get caught up for season five once I got hooked.

Breaking Bad kept being mentioned here at the Sicc and I was curious about it, but what really got me to look into the show, was the blue meth/antibiotics picture that was posted in the Walking Dead thread. I was reading everyone's comments as I was catching up on that show and that picture piqued my interest.

I started watching Walking Dead because of Mass Effect 3. One of the episodes was gonna have a new Mass Effect 3 trailer aired during it, so I had to catch up on the show, so I could watch and see the trailer. Funny how Mass Effect 3 got me into two shows, when, Like I said, I hardly ever watch any TV show regularly, and now I'm into two shows lol.

Nov 7, 2006
So I just got into Breaking Bad a month ago. I watched the first three seasons on Netflix. I just downloaded the fourth season last night...17 gigs in under nine hours. I gotta wait for the wifey though. I watched the first season, and several episodes of the second season by myself, then she was in the room with me doing schoolwork, and she got hooked to it too lmao.

I know I'm hella late on this show, but it's fucking awesome. I hardly ever watch a show on TV regularly, but I HAD to get caught up for season five once I got hooked.

Breaking Bad kept being mentioned here at the Sicc and I was curious about it, but what really got me to look into the show, was the blue meth/antibiotics picture that was posted in the Walking Dead thread. I was reading everyone's comments as I was catching up on that show and that picture piqued my interest.

I started watching Walking Dead because of Mass Effect 3. One of the episodes was gonna have a new Mass Effect 3 trailer aired during it, so I had to catch up on the show, so I could watch and see the trailer. Funny how Mass Effect 3 got me into two shows, when, Like I said, I hardly ever watch any TV show regularly, and now I'm into two shows lol.
yeah and welcome to hell now. Breaking Bad is at its best when you can watch 3-4 episodes in a row. now you're going to be watching just one a week counting the days till the next one.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Yeah I've been watching the show since the pilot episode *pops his collar on the newbs* and the wait inbetween the episodes from week to week, and then the gaps between the seasons is the fucking worst lol.

I own every season that's out on DVD and inbetween seasons I go back and start it all over and watch it from start to finish.

I'm bummed that next season is the last one but I also like that they are going to end it on their terms and not let it be drawn out until it sucks like what has happened to so many other great shows over the years.

Nov 7, 2006
Yeah I've been watching the show since the pilot episode *pops his collar on the newbs* and the wait inbetween the episodes from week to week, and then the gaps between the seasons is the fucking worst lol.

I own every season that's out on DVD and inbetween seasons I go back and start it all over and watch it from start to finish.

I'm bummed that next season is the last one but I also like that they are going to end it on their terms and not let it be drawn out until it sucks like what has happened to so many other great shows over the years.
yeah i started watching it cause i was stuck at work one day till like 2am. i opened it up and brought my office chair down to the tv room and watched the 1st season. i was hooked from then, season 3 just ended when i got into it so i was able to watch seasons 1-3 in a row. but the waits between episodes for season 4 SUCKED. i'm contemplating not watching this season until it;s over but i know i wont have the will power to do it.

Nov 7, 2006
So it's going to end in Season 5? that's pretty fucking weak!

When does season 5 premieres ?
i'd rather it end when it was intended then to have it cancelled (which almost happened) or have it drag on. if this season is as strong as the rest this can go down as one of the best shows of all time. shit will be "The Wire" status.

Sep 15, 2009
Haha yeah that was all some crazy shit. It was funny seeing old Scarface characters in Breaking Bad. Grandpa Salamanca and Manolo both came out. Tuco was pure comedy

Nov 7, 2006

Watched this episode last night. Gus is fucking COLD BLOODED. I was damn near speechless when he did that.
yeah that scene was amazing. did you already watch this season or are you just starting? if you're just starting then my bad for posting the pic up lol. and yeah Gus is a G, easily one of my favorite villains on a TV show ever.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Gus stole the show for me... its gonna be hard watching it without him in there. Let me rephrase that, its a shame he went; I'm sure the show is still going to be amazing

thatd be cool if they had a flashback or some shit and gave us insight about his unknown past in Chile.. but then again i think the writers or director or something said that they want it to be left to the imagination, that it has more weight that way. also its too late for that, and would serve only as a distraction. well, that is unless of course this season Walt is going to have to deal with whatever it is in Gustavo's past that Don Eladio was cautious of

STICK

Sicc OG
Jun 24, 2005
yeah that scene was amazing. did you already watch this season or are you just starting? if you're just starting then my bad for posting the pic up lol. and yeah Gus is a G, easily one of my favorite villains on a TV show ever.
I'm three episodes into this season. I hadn't even noticed the picture until last night, so it's all good.

Jan 9, 2004
FAWK!!!!! I hate split tv seasons.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/04/06/breaking-bad-final-season-2/?cnn=yes

Bryan Cranston: 'Breaking Bad' will split final season

by James Hibberd

The question of whether AMC will indeed split the final season of Breaking Bad is close to an official verdict.

Emmy-winning series star Bryan Cranston says AMC will break the award-winning drama’s final 16-episode season into two separate runs, as has been speculated for months. “We’re splitting it,” says Cranston, who’s currently shooting the fifth season premiere in New Mexico. “We’re going to shoot the first eight, then take a four-month production break, then the rest will air next year.”

The network has not announced a premiere date for Breaking Bad, though actors on the show say the drama will return in July.

AMC and Sony Pictures TV have maintained radio silence on the show’s return and distribution plan. A studio spokesperson says the four-month production hiatus is “one scenario” that’s being considered. The network wants to divide the final season so it has a strong summer drama airing this year and the next (it would also presumably allow Breaking Bad to be eligible for two award-season cycles). With Breaking Bad production under way and summer right around the corner, obviously the schedule should get firmed up soon, though AMC has shown a willingness to engage in some production brinksmanship in the past.

Cranston, who’s directing the upcoming April 11 episode of ABC’s Modern Family, is expected to direct the ninth episode of Breaking Bad‘s final season (the 2013 premiere, assuming all goes according to plan).

“We pick up right where we left off,” Cranston says of the fifth-season opener. “We’re cleaning up the pieces from last season’s huge ordeal where Gus Fring was forced to meet his maker. It’s not as easy as Walter thought. And as we’ve discovered over the years, you don’t really know who Walter White is. I’m still discovering who he is and I’m trying to allow myself to be open to him going darker and darker. There’s physical danger to himself and his family, plus there’s the emotional danger due to his anger and hubris. It’s about the evil that men do and where that takes him.”

Jun 24, 2005
So something I noticed that no one touched on in season four was the dynamic of Gus and Jesse being one in the same almost.

The poolside flashback, had Gus's partner saying he couldn't do anything without Gus, was almost exactly like Walter saying he wouldn't cook without his partner, Jesse.

I was thinking that was part of the reason Gus was giving Jesse another role.

Also, the wife and I finished season four tonight. That shit was badass. I can't wait for season five to begin now.

When I have some extra money, I think I'm gonna buy all the seasons on Blu-Ray. I rarely watch TV shows, but this one hooked me.