The New Booth

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 23, 2003
www.unionavenueproject.com
What's up Nonstop? It's gonna let me record in my apartment without bothering my neighbors, and keep the extra noise out of the mic. My voice is loud as hell when I'm blowin, so hopefully this'll let me keep my job as apartment manager too. It's gonna be off the hook! By the way, are you workin' on any projects right now? You're definately on the top of my list of artists to work with in the NW.

May 6, 2002
nonstop.bandcamp.com
if you want an effective booth, id consider soakin up as much info as this site offers

http://www.johnlsayers.com/phpBB2/index.php

the design you got now dont look like it will do much as far as keeping sound out/or in..

staggered beams, floated celings floors, gypsum board, mdf, etc are some basics of what you should be shootin for...

what your building can do more bad then good to your recordings, if its not done properly

Mar 23, 2003
www.unionavenueproject.com
^^^I appreciate the info, infact I think I came across this site when researching the design I'm going for. What you see in the picture is really just the frame and walls. It still needs the insulation, soundboard, and pyramid foam to add yet, along with the track lighting for above the plexiglass window, and the rope lighting for the hard wood floors and ceiling, all on dimmer switches. It'll have a silent ventilation system, and will be professionally wired with 4 power outlets, 2 x XLR, 1 x 1/4 inch TRS headphone jacks, and 1 x VGA I/O's all on wall plates. I'll eventually have small monitors mounted in the upper corners, a small flat panel VGA monitor, webcams, etc. It's been a fun project, and compared to how much you'd spend buying one from a retailer, you save a lot of money doing it on your own. What do you guys use for your booths? Any suggestions are appreciated as I'm sure it'll take a while to dial in the perfect settings for my mic.

May 6, 2002
nonstop.bandcamp.com
two windows on a enclosure that small will create problems... you should take it apart and salvage what you have, and start from the ground up... trust me, it might help keep a lil of the noise out, but in the end, u can end up with a tinny sound, or hollow, or get proximity effect, or a nasally sound etc... its best to just get a sE reflexion for now and spend a lil more time on the booth