The name Mercedes .......

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 26, 2002
I went to the Mercedes Benz 40th Anniversary. It was kinda like a car show, they were showing all the New 2003's. Well while I was there they had a little thing on the History and so on. Which leads me to my questions .....

I remember someone saying that they thought naming your little girl Mercedes is ghetto? Why is that?

Once people start to reply ..... I'll reply.

My little cousin's name is Mercedes. It is kinda ghetto. But that's just cuzz that's the name of a car. If there were no such thing as a Mercedes Benz, I don't think people would consider it to be such a ghetto name. That's like naming your kid Alize, Tanqueray, Hennessy, Tahoe, Explorer, or Suburban. It just depends on the motivation I guess. If your intention is to name your child after a car, then you're ghetto. If you just like the name, I guess it's cool. I don't know.

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

I know a bitch that named her daughter Mercedes, they should have called the little brat Pinto.

May 12, 2002
GoProGraphics.com
I want to name em SEDECREM so its like MERCEDES but in reverse. Haha, no one will ever know!

I think its stupid, but if you wanna do it do it. People still have the last name ford. People still are named Edsel. LOL @ PINTO

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

YunG VenoM said:
If you are named after a CAR BRAND or a type of LIQOUR you are either a STRIPPER or JUST PLAIN GHETTO
LMAO, I was just about to say it was a strippers name...

Apr 25, 2002
www.geocities.com
you know in Germany you have to have your soon to be child's name cleared by the government, so names like Adolf Hitler aren't ever around again... but 9 outta 10 people name their child Mercedes after the car, but you can't hate on Jack Daniel... my first son is gonna be Jack Daniel (insert last name here) but I hate folks that say Alexus is from the car brand Lexus...