The Man, always tryna hold a brother down...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 28, 2005
Two stories I've read today in the Detroit Free Press. I figure it would make for a good topic of discussion, considering the crimes committed, the verdicts handed out and the two kids involved.

1) Warren teen gets prison in fatal beating over marijuana

http://freep.com/article/20100310/N...n-gets-prison-in-fatal-beating-over-marijuana

A Warren teenager who beat a man to death over a small baggie of marijuana was sentenced today to 15 to 30 years in prison.

A sobbing Kevin Antone, 18, told Macomb County Circuit Court Judge Edward Servitto Jr. that an apology wasn’t enough to be forgiven for crushing the skull of 46-year-old Michael McCarthy with a basketball-sized chunk of concrete in Warren in July 2009.

“To say I’m sorry or remorseful is inadequate,” Antone said while his family members and friends wept in the courtroom. “I ask God for forgiveness every day.”

Antone, who was convicted of second-degree murder and armed robbery, was the last of four teens to be sentenced in a beating that was precipitated by a $10 bag of pot that they say McCarthy stole from them.

“This case represents gang mentality in the most outlandish form,” Assistant Prosecutor Steven Kaplan said. “It was four perpetrators against one, and none of these teenagers did anything to stop it.”

While Servitto acknowledged that the teens made a spontaneous decision, the outcome, he said, was murder.

“It was a moment in time that everyone would want to take back,” the judge said. “In that split second, a man died.”

Antone’s friends previously received varying sentences depending on their role in the attack. Brandon Ebel, 16, was sentenced to 13 years. Thomas Post, 18, got 18 months of probation after pleading guilty to a lesser charge in exchange for testifying against Ebel. And Jacob Androsuk, 18, received three years in a special youth prison.

2) Teen in Rib Rack case acquitted

http://freep.com/article/20100310/NEWS03/3100354/1322/Teen-in-Rib-Rack-case-acquitted

Jurors in the Rib Rack murder trial apparently disbelieved the prosecution's star witness when they acquitted 17-year-old Jerome Hamilton on Tuesday in the shooting death of restaurant manager Catherine Blain in October 2008.

"They were bothered by Brandon Davis' testimony and questioned his credibility, because he told so many stories," said defense attorney Mark Kriger, who questioned jurors about their verdict for several minutes after the trial was over.

Davis, 21, testified for the prosecution, identifying Hamilton as the gunman in exchange for a deal that let him plead guilty to conspiracy to commit armed robbery. Davis could be sentenced to a minimum of 11 to 18 years later this month. In his testimony before Oakland County Circuit Judge Leo Bowman, Davis admitted that he gave police several different accounts of what happened that night.

Prosecutors contended during the trial that Davis, Hamilton and a third man, Deandre Sturges, staked out the restaurant to rob Blain, and that Hamilton shot her as she tried to drive away. Sturges, the get-away car driver, is serving a life sentence after he was convicted by a jury late last year.

Jurors returned their verdict after a weeklong trial and about five hours of deliberation over two days.

When the verdict was announced, Hamilton shouted, "Thank you!"

Hamilton, who has been in custody for more than a year, was released Tuesday afternoon. It was his third trial in the Rib Rack murder case. Two previous juries were unable to reach a unanimous verdict, and mistrials were declared.

Hamilton was charged with first-degree murder, and could have been sentenced to life without parole if he had been convicted. Jurors had the option of finding him guilty of second-degree murder, a conviction that carries a sentence of any number of years up to life.

Blain's family, who sat through all three trials, was fighting tears after the verdict. Family spokesman Rick Blain, Catherine's father-in-law, stood outside the courtroom, shaking his head, and saying, "No, no."

After the verdict clearing her son, his mother, Raina Harris, said: "I want the Blains to know that we are praying for them, because of their terrible loss."

Oakland County Prosecutor Jessica Cooper said Tuesday afternoon that "we are especially disappointed for the family of the victim. We have two of the three culprits in this matter, but you really can't place a limit on the amount of time we are willing to expend when someone's life has been taken."

Jurors in the case were not allowed to hear what prosecutors considered key evidence, including testimony from Hamilton's former girlfriend that she saw him with a handgun four days before the shooting.

They did not get to see a social networking site that showed Hamilton with handguns, and ammunition and a statement that he "keeps my nine tight," an apparent reference to a 9 mm handgun. Nor were they allowed to hear that a man picked Hamilton out of a police photo lineup as a young man he encountered in a neighborhood earlier that evening where there were attempted robberies.

The judge ruled all of that evidence inadmissible.

----------------------------------------------------

The fucked up part is in case No. 2, the guy who was acquitted is without a doubt the man who shot this woman in a failed attempt to rob her. It was premeditated. Both his partners are doing multiple years over the shit, and the boy who squeezed the trigger is walking free. In case No. 1, although I feel the sentence is about right, I don't feel this kid intended on killing this dude. Obviously he wasn't concerned for the man's physical well-being, but even when he dropped the concrete on him I don't feel he intended to murder the guy. Plus he seems remorseful over the fact he killed somebody. The boy in case No. 2 had no problem shooting an unarmed woman over a few thousand dollars though, and with all the evidence in the previous two trials its obvious the dude has that mentality where he'll shoot people to try and prove he's hard. I also thought it was interesting because the white kid gets 15-30 for a crime that just sort of escalated and happened, while the black kid is being acquitted for something that was premeditated (at least the armed robbery, nobody knows if he decided to kill her before hand or during the robbery) and he's not shown the slightest bit of remorse over taking another person's life. Its just sort of ironic how a lot of people feel justice favors an individual based on the color of that individual's skin, and you have these two cases here that do not coincide with the generally held belief. Whats everybody think about these cases/verdicts?

Jan 28, 2005
^Good to see all the intelligent siccness members came out to contribute in this thread.:dead:

I think this is the first time idiot number one formulated a complete sentence on this message board... and idiot number two couldn't even come up with a second insult, he just repeated what the first dumb motherfucker said.

Y'all just pissed I've got a normal education. Go back to all the threads that involve talking shit on people. At least there you have some value.

Jan 28, 2005
How could you hate on your boy over a bitch?
wrong thread man. I forgot about that thread for a while, just replied to all the quotes I got from that story yesterday. It turns out my boy was the bitch in that entire situation. That's what y'all don't understand. The topic of the thread was about people frontin', and that's exactly what the guy was doing. Ez Roo started the thread talking about how dudes be at clubs frontin' to get some bitches and salt their own game. I told a story about how a dude I know salted his own game and was putting on a front to both the girl he supposedly wanted to marry and one of his best friends at the same time. I get it though. 95% of the siccness hates me because I correct their spelling. It's all good. I just grew up reading books and get irritated by ignorance, that's why I used to put people on blast for spelling shit wrong, not knowing the difference between too/to, they're/their/there, and similar dumb ass shit people type out. I knocked it off though if anybody noticed. Obviously people's feelings get hurt when you point out their illiteracy.

Then there was the thread comparing me to that Russian dude in the Rocky movies. What I think is funny though, is everybody wanted to come out in droves and call me a "fag", like we're in grade school still, when in fact these dudes take X amount of minutes out of their day to photoshop dildos and semen onto pictures of me. How am I the fag when these cats have pictures of dildos and semen on their mothafuckin computers? Check the signature son. I been propped, and people done asked me "who's that girl in your sig?". The answer is a girl I already got it in with. Plenty of siccness users got models in their signatures, I figure it would be original to put one of my own girls in my signature. Keep it up though, you aren't hurting my life. I just feel less intelligent for having to read through all the bullshit hate messages before I get to something thought provoking. I went out of my way to hate on one user on here, and even then it was a 3 minute thread. Other than that I just read people for what they write, not for what they wrote last year or six months ago. I've given twice the amount of props I received, and I often times prop people who straight up talk mad shit to me on here for stuff they say or post in other threads. I don't give a fuck. I don't have any vendettas with anybody. Except for Roz, I just plain don't like that guy. But its the internet, you'd be surprised how different people are in real life as opposed to who they seem to be through their own text.

To be clear though- that rant wasn't directed toward you specifically. From what I can remember, you don't keep going out of your way to talk shit to me or on me. You seem to read people's threads with an objective enough view point (or at least more objective than the majority of people on here).

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
why you always gotta deliver a wall of text, keep it short... its the siccness.. most of us have ADHD and can't read longer than a paragraph.

Feb 1, 2006
Fuck off man, I've got more than enough education, you fruit, and read all day for my job. I just don't care about what you have to say enough to read your smug personal essay wall of text.

Feb 1, 2006
And double-fuck you for getting butt hurt that a SEVENTEEN YEAR OLD that just spent a year in jail didn't get a life sentence when 3 juries couldn't convict him. No wonder nobody on this website likes you, you fucking square.

Apr 25, 2002
^Good to see all the intelligent siccness members came out to contribute in this thread.:dead:

I think this is the first time idiot number one formulated a complete sentence on this message board... and idiot number two couldn't even come up with a second insult, he just repeated what the first dumb motherfucker said.

Y'all just pissed I've got a normal education. Go back to all the threads that involve talking shit on people. At least there you have some value.

View attachment 94006

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 25, 2002
wrong thread man. I forgot about that thread for a while, just replied to all the quotes I got from that story yesterday. It turns out my boy was the bitch in that entire situation. That's what y'all don't understand. The topic of the thread was about people frontin', and that's exactly what the guy was doing. Ez Roo started the thread talking about how dudes be at clubs frontin' to get some bitches and salt their own game. I told a story about how a dude I know salted his own game and was putting on a front to both the girl he supposedly wanted to marry and one of his best friends at the same time. I get it though. 95% of the siccness hates me because I correct their spelling. It's all good. I just grew up reading books and get irritated by ignorance, that's why I used to put people on blast for spelling shit wrong, not knowing the difference between too/to, they're/their/there, and similar dumb ass shit people type out. I knocked it off though if anybody noticed. Obviously people's feelings get hurt when you point out their illiteracy.

Then there was the thread comparing me to that Russian dude in the Rocky movies. What I think is funny though, is everybody wanted to come out in droves and call me a "fag", like we're in grade school still, when in fact these dudes take X amount of minutes out of their day to photoshop dildos and semen onto pictures of me. How am I the fag when these cats have pictures of dildos and semen on their mothafuckin computers? Check the signature son. I been propped, and people done asked me "who's that girl in your sig?". The answer is a girl I already got it in with. Plenty of siccness users got models in their signatures, I figure it would be original to put one of my own girls in my signature. Keep it up though, you aren't hurting my life. I just feel less intelligent for having to read through all the bullshit hate messages before I get to something thought provoking. I went out of my way to hate on one user on here, and even then it was a 3 minute thread. Other than that I just read people for what they write, not for what they wrote last year or six months ago. I've given twice the amount of props I received, and I often times prop people who straight up talk mad shit to me on here for stuff they say or post in other threads. I don't give a fuck. I don't have any vendettas with anybody. Except for Roz, I just plain don't like that guy. But its the internet, you'd be surprised how different people are in real life as opposed to who they seem to be through their own text.

To be clear though- that rant wasn't directed toward you specifically. From what I can remember, you don't keep going out of your way to talk shit to me or on me. You seem to read people's threads with an objective enough view point (or at least more objective than the majority of people on here).
THIS IS ALL PADDY WHACK HORSE SHIT

Apr 21, 2006
What is your point, Blind justice? How can a person who is educated not understand the disparity in convictions? Court appointed DAs. Fighting a charge with no mula. No expert witnesses. It seems the second guys lawyer really instilled reasonable doubt in the jury. Trust me if he did that shit he'll get his. The problem is when innocent people are sent to prison.