The Los Angeles Lakers

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 10, 2002
TSSSSSSSSSHAAAAAAA.COM
Lakers fans are like that 26 year old punk who has the nicest cars and houses and everything and goes around bragging about his riches when his parents bought him that nice car and have him live in a nice house, spoiled litle fake brats, The Lakers BOUGHT their team!!!! they're supposed to win

Props: :ab:

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
The Lakers BOUGHT their team!!!! they're supposed to win
The NBA is a professional Organization where ALL PLAYERS and COACHES get paid. SO in the grand scheme of things ALL teams get what they pay for. Some are just better at getting the most out of their dollars. SO your statement is wrong in a sense, but I know where you were heading with it.....

May 10, 2002
TSSSSSSSSSHAAAAAAA.COM
The NBA is a professional Organization where ALL PLAYERS and COACHES get paid. SO in the grand scheme of things ALL teams get what they pay for. Some are just better at getting the most out of their dollars. SO your statement is wrong in a sense, but I know where you were heading with it.....
the nba is still set up for big market teams to get the advantages, there isn't a true salary cap like football, the lakers have the money to go into the luxory tax while jobbing smaller market teams on trades because of money, thats why these smaller market teams end up with nothing and the lakers get the big names, they can afford to go into the tax if they have to smaller market teams cannot, the lakers bought their team, they get the best players handed to them they are supposed to win just like the heat

Jan 12, 2006
So then why do you watch the NBA?? If I had that many complaints about a league I wouldn't invest a single second in it. Your biggest mistake is comparing the NBA to the NFL(best ran league in North America). If I want to see a league where every team is evenly matched for the most part then I watch the NFL, I watch the NBA, European Soccer Leagues, and MLB because I enjoy watching all star teams going up against other all star teams. I realize most of the talent is concentrated with the top 5 teams and I have no problem with that.

Also correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you a 49ers fan??? All 5 of those super bowls were won before the salary cap era which means they were pretty much PAYED FOR! Do you have a problem with the way they won them, or did you feel sorry for the other small market teams who couldn't compete?

At this moment these teams I consider better then the Warriors and their salary is all significantly lower then that of the Warriors. San Antonio, Thunder, Denver, Indiana, Memphis, and Houston. Should the Warriors be better then them because there salary is higher?? Money is not all that goes into building a team, the SF Giants have proved that in Baseball, the Thunder almost did the same last season in the NBA.

Last edited:
May 10, 2002
TSSSSSSSSSHAAAAAAA.COM
I don't watch the nba only the warriors. The niners in the eighties drafted all of their big players and there was no salary cap, so they could pay their own players to stay, totally different, Tue nba is set up for the casuals, the Lakers have the biggest bandwagon fanbase so of course the nba wants to see them in the finals every year it brings more money, this ain't about the warriors its about the Lakers getting over on everyone for years, the salary cap in the nba doesn't mean shit

Jan 12, 2006
Have some patience, the Warriors will be relocating to SF soon and then the big time free agents will begin to roll in as the income the team generates starts to increase at a rapid pace due to the new market/location.

Last edited:

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
Lakers fans are like that 26 year old punk who has the nicest cars and houses and everything and goes around bragging about his riches when his parents bought him that nice car and have him live in a nice house, spoiled litle fake brats, The Lakers BOUGHT their team!!!! they're supposed to win
braggin on what they daddy bought em. hella agree. not a coincidence that the biggest markets have the most championships.

imagine though - the lake show was sposed to have kobe, dwight....AND chris paul this season. that's damn near a guaranteed chip (because kobe, dwight and cp3 would have been a better balanced 'big 3' compared to Miami, IMO).

oh, they couldn't get chris paul? then they go out and get hall of fame point guard steve nash. the lakers got it like that.

big market money creates an imbalance that salary caps and luxury taxes can't stop.