The Long Con - Anatomy of a Two-Year Undercover Sting

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 24, 2003
Really interesting read.

This is from the Seattle Stranger and will definitely be interesting to any of my fellow Seattleites in here.

I will post the link the because the article is quite long.

Anatomy of a Two-Year Undercover Sting and What It Has to Do with the law enforcement’s Habit of Wasting Large Amounts of Money on Investigating People for Their Social Habits and Political Beliefs

Because this story has to start somewhere, let's begin on any given night in early 2009. It's probably drizzling, and a cluster of people is standing outside the wooden apartment building on the corner of 11th Avenue and Pike Street, the one with motel-style exterior hallways and severely chipped paint. A lightbulb above one door is glowing green, a signal that visitors are welcome. When the lightbulb glows yellow, visitors are supposed to come back later. When the lightbulb glows red, they are supposed to keep away.

Sometimes when visitors enter the apartment, they're asked to hand over any weapons they might be carrying—hardly anybody ever is—and sometimes there's a cursory pat-down. Inside the apartment are a lot of artists, plus a military guy or two on a night away from the base. Some are sitting around a card table playing poker. Others are sitting on couches and chairs, smoking and drinking.

They're all being watched, but only one of them knows it......

http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/the-long-con/Content?oid=7989613

milkky

The Milk Man
Sep 6, 2010
Good read. Cops are on bullshit and hate to get called out on it. I'd be pissed if I lived in Seattle, but I don't pay taxes so I have no right to complain about Feds n SPD wasting money on a bullshit case..