The Kobe Channel: All Kobe, All the Time

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Mista Sinista said:
Kobe still aint shyt.
-Lets take a break to hear a little word from our sponsor-

Why do you call us haters? -Mista Sinista

-Now back to your regularly scheduled program-

Mista Sinista said:
Ok...he passed Michael Jordan for most consecutive 40+ point games. But the record wasnt Jordan's to begin with, its Wilt Chamberlain's record. So, I guess you think that because Kobe passed MJ on that record, that he got a chance at being better than Jordan?
Actually if you could read, he never passed Jordan in consecutive 40 point games. These stats have been blasted all over ESPN and everwhere the lakers are talked about in the media, just because he's showing how close hes getting on that meter doesnt mean he is saying the guy is better then Jordan. We all know Jordan is the best ever, and that is why Kobe is being compared to him. It wouldnt sound to pleasant if we said "Well Kobe is octupling Jon Barry's ppg, hes tripling his apg..." know what I mean?

gimpypimp said:
If his knee was really THAT BAD, he wouldn't be able to move around like he's been doing.
You mean like dragging it around the court like he was doing against the Rockets... I suppose your right.

gimpypimp said:
I believe his knee is a little sore, but if it was really that messed up, he wouldn't be able to perform the way he has been performing as of late.....
Yes he would, and he has. The guy has been hurt with this knee all year and he is now listed as a game time decision. But why in the world would you say the guy is playing well with a hurt knee? You dont want to go around giving credit to someone who your trying to make look as bad as possible now would you.

KINGCZAR said:
Awe man Ko-Me is way better than Jordan mane!! He is my hero. He can shoot the ball!!! Jordan aint shit compared to Ko-Me dogg!!! K-O-M-E......Ko-Me Ko-Me Ko-Me!!!! WAKE UP!!!!
"I give credit where it is do" -KINGCZAR

Well, scratch that one in the book of lies.

Apr 25, 2002
I thought I would go ahead and add just a few facts about the game since thats what this thread was intended for.

Kobe Bryant 15-29 52% 40 Points

Rest of Team 17-45 38% 53 Points

Kobe is shooting to much? Maybe he should pass it to Phil Jackson, he might be able to score.

Lakers beat the Utah Jazz(32-21) 93 - 87 without Shaq.

May 2, 2002
You mean like dragging it around the court like he was doing against the Rockets... I suppose your right.
Sugar coat it all you want, but if it was that bad, he wouldn't be playing. Kobe is playing the best basketball he has ever played, but on a knee he can barely stand on? Geez...when he's healthy maybe someone should kick him in the knee right before every game.

Yes he would, and he has. The guy has been hurt with this knee all year and he is now listed as a game time decision. But why in the world would you say the guy is playing well with a hurt knee? You dont want to go around giving credit to someone who your trying to make look as bad as possible now would you.
If he is a game time decision and he plays, then his knee is good enough to play on. Bottom line.

I don't understand...How am I trying to make him look as bad as possible? I have never, and I repeat NEVER, said a bad word against Kobe. Feel free to prove me wrong.

Like I said, I believe his knee might be a little sore, but I just don't think he would be playing as well as he has been on a bum knee.

Apr 25, 2002
gimpypimp said:
Sugar coat it all you want, but if it was that bad, he wouldn't be playing.
Im sure you thought I was kidding, and im sure you didnt watch the game because for parts of it he was litterally dragging his leg while defending. He was hopping a good portion towards the end, he was listed as a game time decision for both the games shaq was out.

gimpypimp said:
Kobe is playing the best basketball he has ever played, but on a knee he can barely stand on? Geez...when he's healthy maybe someone should kick him in the knee right before every game.
Woah, now your sugar coating it. No one ever said he could barley stand on it. He was able to get up and down the court, but its a pain factor were talking about here. Shaq has been playing in great pain for a while now, he has to take shots before every game so he cant feel it. Dont you read up on this stuff before you argue it?

gimpypimp said:
If he is a game time decision and he plays, then his knee is good enough to play on. Bottom line.
If Shaq was playing, I think Jackson might be more tempted to sit Kobe down a little more, maybe even a game or two, but in case you didnt know every game is critical right now. The Lakers are tied right now for the last playoff spot in the west. Thats why Iverson plays hurt, because if he sits out there is not nearly enough to do anything in his absence.

gimpypimp said:
I don't understand...How am I trying to make him look as bad as possible? I have never, and I repeat NEVER, said a bad word against Kobe. Feel free to prove me wrong.
Almost every post I have seen you put up on this subject have been about arguing those who are trying to say something good about Kobe, or defend him. Kobe just single handedly lead his team to victory, scoring 40 on 52% shooting while the rest of his team struggled shooting 38%, he did all this with a hurt leg. CZAR and them are still saying he isnt shit, and here you are arguing us because were saying good things about what he has done. If you pose a question I will answer it, I wont ever duck it like some other we have on here.

gimpypimp said:
Like I said, I believe his knee might be a little sore, but I just don't think he would be playing as well as he has been on a bum knee.
Well thats an opinion, and him doing it right now is a fact.

May 2, 2002
Im sure you thought I was kidding, and im sure you didnt watch the game because for parts of it he was litterally dragging his leg while defending. He was hopping a good portion towards the end, he was listed as a game time decision for both the games shaq was out.
You're wrong...I did watch the game. It doesn't matter what he was listed as before the game. If you're in the game, you're healthy enough to play. He obviously wasn't hurting his team in any way.....

Woah, now your sugar coating it. No one ever said he could barley stand on it. He was able to get up and down the court, but its a pain factor were talking about here. Shaq has been playing in great pain for a while now, he has to take shots before every game so he cant feel it. Dont you read up on this stuff before you argue it?
Maybe I was pouring it on a little thick, but I was trying to make a point. So it's a pain factor...fine. But what does that have to do with Shaq taking shots? I thought we were talking about Kobe. If you would have told me before you were going to bring up Shaq, I would have been more prepared. One topic at a time please.

If Shaq was playing, I think Jackson might be more tempted to sit Kobe down a little more, maybe even a game or two, but in case you didnt know every game is critical right now. The Lakers are tied right now for the last playoff spot in the west. Thats why Iverson plays hurt, because if he sits out there is not nearly enough to do anything in his absence.
Maybe so, but like I said above, if he's in the game, he's healthy enough to play. If his knee really hurt him that bad (pain factor), he wouldn't play. I understand that people play hurt all the time, and that the Lakers are in a critical point right now...sometimes you have to suck it up. But when it gets to a certain point (Shaq for example), shots or no shots, the pain is too much, and you can't play. Kobe obviously isn't at that point.

Almost every post I have seen you put up on this subject have been about arguing those who are trying to say something good about Kobe, or defend him. Kobe just single handedly lead his team to victory, scoring 40 on 52% shooting while the rest of his team struggled shooting 38%, he did all this with a hurt leg. CZAR and them are still saying he isnt shit, and here you are arguing us because were saying good things about what he has done. If you pose a question I will answer it, I wont ever duck it like some other we have on here.
All I said was that his leg isn't that bad. You saying that he led his team to victory and posting stats is meaningless. I never said anything about that. You bring up other people talking about Kobe, and that too is meaningless. I never said anything about them either.

I really think you misunderstood me somewhere. Again, all I said was that his leg wasn't that bad. Where did I start an arguement? Point out where I'm arguing with you for saying good things about Kobe. You quoted what I had to say and responded to it with your smart ass remark...not the other way around.

May 19, 2002
www.cdbaby.com
Man fuck that injury shit, if he plays he plays!! No excuses!! The man was not hurt bad enough to sit out, so he was fine to play!! Thats it, whether he did tight or booboo, he played so who gives a fuck about that ghost knee injury!! Haha!! GOT EM!!!

Sicc OG
Oct 4, 2002
KINGCZAR said:
Awe man Ko-Me is way better than Jordan mane!! He is my hero. He can shoot the ball!!! Jordan aint shit compared to Ko-Me dogg!!! K-O-M-E......Ko-Me Ko-Me Ko-Me!!!! WAKE UP!!!! [/QUOT

Kobe is not better than Jordan. How the hell can you say that.

Apr 25, 2002
gimpypimp said:
You're wrong...I did watch the game. It doesn't matter what he was listed as before the game. If you're in the game, you're healthy enough to play. He obviously wasn't hurting his team in any way.....
Then you know what im saying is true. Even the commentator used the word "dragging".

gimpypimp said:
Maybe I was pouring it on a little thick, but I was trying to make a point. So it's a pain factor...fine. But what does that have to do with Shaq taking shots? I thought we were talking about Kobe. If you would have told me before you were going to bring up Shaq, I would have been more prepared. One topic at a time please.
I was using Shaq as an example of how people can play through great pain, and have you not even know about it, thats what it has to do with it. If you cant keep up with my pace here then maybe you should think about breaking your reply's down into seperate posts to be more suffecient.

gimpypimp said:
Maybe so, but like I said above, if he's in the game, he's healthy enough to play. If his knee really hurt him that bad (pain factor), he wouldn't play. I understand that people play hurt all the time, and that the Lakers are in a critical point right now...sometimes you have to suck it up. But when it gets to a certain point (Shaq for example), shots or no shots, the pain is too much, and you can't play. Kobe obviously isn't at that point.
Sure if hes in the game playing, then hes able to play. No one doubts your complicated theory there. If it hurt him that bad, no he would not necesarily sit down, these are critical times and it would hurt the Lakers to much. The guy is playing with an injury, thats all there is to it. Argue with his knee and it there is no pain, dont talk to me about it.

gimpypimp said:
All I said was that his leg isn't that bad. You saying that he led his team to victory and posting stats is meaningless. I never said anything about that. You bring up other people talking about Kobe, and that too is meaningless. I never said anything about them either.
Clearly you missed the point. We have one side talking shit on us saying Kobe sucks. I provided stats to you, to show you that clearly that side is in the wrong. Then I pointed out how you were argueing something completely irrelevant to us for no reason. Who cares how BAD his knee is, he is in pain, he is injued, and he is playing.

gimpypimp said:
I really think you misunderstood me somewhere. Again, all I said was that his leg wasn't that bad. Where did I start an arguement?
The 10th post from the top, you disected my post into two parts, then argued them.

gimpypimp said:
Point out where I'm arguing with you for saying good things about Kobe.
Not the good things we were saying, but the people who were saying these good things.

What im sensing from your posts is the intelligent level. Im not saying your stupid, but it seems as if you really didn’t take the time to try and understand what im trying to say, as they are very simple to comprehend. Atleast you can hold up an decent conversation and not end it with remarks of hatred like the majority of thes people. Good shit man.

Apr 25, 2002
pub42.ezboard.com
in that game against Houston towards the end of the 4th Kobe was clearly limpin and in obvious pain but he kept playin and was the only player 2 do thangs in the 1st overtime and also played a big part in the 2nd overtime along with Derek Fisher

and yes "draggin his leg" were the exact words the commentators used

May 2, 2002
Then you know what im saying is true. Even the commentator used the word "dragging".
I refer back to my original reply...if you're in the game, then you're good to go. Dragging or no dragging, he played one hell of a game. With the way that he performed, I don't think it was that bad. Maybe some acting involved? I don't know. Just my opinion.

I was using Shaq as an example of how people can play through great pain, and have you not even know about it, thats what it has to do with it. If you cant keep up with my pace here then maybe you should think about breaking your reply's down into seperate posts to be more suffecient.
I understand that it was an example. I was being sarcastic. We were talking about Kobe, not Shaq...so I threw in some sarcasm. And please, do not try to insult my intellect. If you are going to try, at least learn how to spell and use correct grammar.

Sure if hes in the game playing, then hes able to play. No one doubts your complicated theory there. If it hurt him that bad, no he would not necesarily sit down, these are critical times and it would hurt the Lakers to much. The guy is playing with an injury, thats all there is to it. Argue with his knee and it there is no pain, dont talk to me about it.
Shaq is out. You don't think it hurts to have him sitting on the bench? He's too hurt to play, and I think Kobe would sit too if he was hurt that bad. Regardless of how crucial these games are to the Lakers, Kobe's long term health is what counts. He would sit if it was that bad.

Clearly you missed the point. We have one side talking shit on us saying Kobe sucks. I provided stats to you, to show you that clearly that side is in the wrong. Then I pointed out how you were argueing something completely irrelevant to us for no reason. Who cares how BAD his knee is, he is in pain, he is injued, and he is playing.
No, I didn't miss the point of anything that you have stated. You brought up what others have said to you and you showed stats to prove them wrong...good.

But let me ask you something. Why are you showing ME stats to prove someone else wrong? And my point IS very relevant. This whole debate got started because I said Kobe's knee wasn't that bad. I have stuck to that argument troughout this whole post. I never brought up anything else, so how can you say that what I have been saying is irrelevant?

The 10th post from the top, you disected my post into two parts, then argued them.
I was responding to you. You quoted me (twice), then commented on what I said. How did I start an argument by responding to what you had said? Doesn't make sense to me.

What im sensing from your posts is the intelligent level. Im not saying your stupid, but it seems as if you really didn’t take the time to try and understand what im trying to say, as they are very simple to comprehend. Atleast you can hold up an decent conversation and not end it with remarks of hatred like the majority of thes people. Good shit man.
Again, please do not try to insult my intellect. Believe me, your posts were very simple. Key word being simple.

Apr 25, 2002
Dankedout said:
dont get me wrong, kobe is a hella good baller, but he dont bring the best of his team mates, other thank Shaq. is jus really a good scorer and thats it
There’s only so much you can do with what you have been given. To some extent, everyone player in NBA history has to have some level of talent on their team to lead them to the post season. Everyone praises MJ for leading his team to the playoffs year after year by himself, but what I dont understand is, why did they make it to the playoffs both years he retired, without him? With SHAQ out, what do you think this Lakers team would do without Kobe, I can guarantee you they would come close to finishing dead last in the entire NBA. Give the guy a chance, he is barley getting his feet wet learning and adapting to being the leader. Did you know in Jordan’s first attempts at leading a team, for 3 years they had a losing record? You guys ridicule Kobe after 10 games for not being able to do it. Yes I am comparing Kobe to Jordan because Jordan is the ideal basketball player in just about everyones eyes, so its easier to see where a player stands when compared to him.

Apr 25, 2002
gimpypimp said:
I refer back to my original reply...if you're in the game, then you're good to go. Dragging or no dragging, he played one hell of a game. With the way that he performed, I don't think it was that bad. Maybe some acting involved? I don't know. Just my opinion.
And that would conclude my thoughts on you’re trying to make him look bad. Sure he was physically able to play in the game, but he was dragging his leg none the less.

gimpypimp said:
I understand that it was an example. I was being sarcastic. We were talking about Kobe, not Shaq...so I threw in some sarcasm. And please, do not try to insult my intellect. If you are going to try, at least learn how to spell and use correct grammar.
I know how to use correct grammar and spelling, but I dont feel it is completely necessary to worry to much about it when talking sports on an internet message board, where the many of the people interacting on it have a hard time spelling 6th grade words. Could I find errors in certain places in some of your posts? Sure. Would it make one bit of a difference? No. It was sure nice of you to show concern for it and go off subject, thank you.

gimpypimp said:
Shaq is out. You don't think it hurts to have him sitting on the bench? He's too hurt to play, and I think Kobe would sit too if he was hurt that bad. Regardless of how crucial these games are to the Lakers, Kobe's long term health is what counts. He would sit if it was that bad.
The guy is injured, what don't you understand about that? Sure, if it was a bad enough injury to where he couldn’t play, he would sit down. However the team needs him, so if there is any chance he can play then he will, and he is. All I told you is that he was hurt and was dragging his leg, both are 100% facts, and you took them far and beyond for reasons I dont know.

gimpypimp said:
But let me ask you something. Why are you showing ME stats to prove someone else wrong?
To show what conversation you were entering. It was one in which we were discussing Kobe's performance, I showed you how I proved to them that they were wrong. It was completely unnecessary to argue us, as we were only saying few things in Kobe’s favor as he just lead his team to victory over a good Utah Jazz team. That leads to your comments' irrelevance. What does the severity of Kobe's injury have to do with what the topic of conversation? Maybe if you were the doctor who examined his knee and knew there was nothing wrong, then your statements would serve a better purpose, but its to no ones care what your biased opinion on his knee is. Your next question is going to be about me saying you have a biased opinion, ill save some time. You have absolutely no idea what is wrong with his knee, or how bad it is. But for some reason you feel it is necessary to argue the point over and over that it isn’t that bad. Look, he has an injured knee, as to the seriousness of the injury, only his doctor, certain affiliates of his team, and he will know the actually damage. End of story.

gimpypimp said:
I was responding to you. You quoted me (twice), then commented on what I said. How did I start an argument by responding to what you had said? Doesn't make sense to me.
You may not have directly started an argument with me at that point. But lets go a few posts ahead where you said “If his knee was really THAT BAD, he wouldn't be able to move around like he's been doing.” You may not have been talking to only me, but you were starting an argument to every Laker fan reading that thread. Now my question, who really gives a shit about who started shit? Here’s what ill do for you. I started the argument.

gimpypimp said:
Again, please do not try to insult my intellect. Believe me, your posts were very simple. Key word being simple.
Exactly my point. That’s the way I try to present them so that people like you can read and understand them. Your really coming along now.

May 2, 2002
And that would conclude my thoughts on you’re trying to make him look bad. Sure he was physically able to play in the game, but he was dragging his leg none the less.
I was not trying to make him look bad. If you took it that way, I apologize. That was not my intention. I was just stating that in MY OPINION, his knee was not that bad.

I know how to use correct grammar and spelling, but I dont feel it is completely necessary to worry to much about it when talking sports on an internet message board, where the many of the people interacting on it have a hard time spelling 6th grade words. Could I find errors in certain places in some of your posts? Sure. Would it make one bit of a difference? No. It was sure nice of you to show concern for it and go off subject, thank you.
I didn't feel that I was going off subject. I agree that it is not always necessary to use correct spelling and grammar. You were implying that I could not "keep up with your pace". I found it humorous that you were trying to insult my intelligence, but then couldn't even finish your comment with correct spelling. I'm sure you could find some posts with some of my little imperfections, but not when trying to clown on someone else's intelligence.

The guy is injured, what don't you understand about that? Sure, if it was a bad enough injury to where he couldn’t play, he would sit down. However the team needs him, so if there is any chance he can play then he will, and he is. All I told you is that he was hurt and was dragging his leg, both are 100% facts, and you took them far and beyond for reasons I dont know.
I know he is injured. I understand that perfectly. I never said that he wasn't injured. Actually, if you look at my original post, I said that I do think that he has a sore knee. I didn't take your "100% facts" far beyond anything. If anything you took my post and ran with it.

My whole point from the start was that people shouldn't be saying his knee is a factor, when it is apparant that it is not. If he is scoring 40 to 50 points a game, getting 8 to 10 rebounds, and leading his team to victory (without hardly any rest), then his knee is pretty much a non-factor.

To show what conversation you were entering. It was one in which we were discussing Kobe's performance, I showed you how I proved to them that they were wrong.
O.K. It's nice to know that you proved them wrong.

It was completely unnecessary to argue us, as we were only saying few things in Kobe’s favor as he just lead his team to victory over a good Utah Jazz team.
But it's necessary for you to argue with me just because I said his knee wasn't that bad? And there was no "us". I made a comment to someone other than you.

That leads to your comments' irrelevance. What does the severity of Kobe's injury have to do with what the topic of conversation?
Someone posted that he performed well with a bad knee. I then commented that I thought his knee wasn't that bad. That was VERY relevant to what he said. How do you not get that?

Maybe if you were the doctor who examined his knee and knew there was nothing wrong, then your statements would serve a better purpose, but its to no ones care what your biased opinion on his knee is.
Obviously you do care what my biased opinion is. Otherwise, you would not have responded to me.

Your next question is going to be about me saying you have a biased opinion, ill save some time. You have absolutely no idea what is wrong with his knee, or how bad it is. But for some reason you feel it is necessary to argue the point over and over that it isn’t that bad. Look, he has an injured knee, as to the seriousness of the injury, only his doctor, certain affiliates of his team, and he will know the actually damage. End of story.
No, that was not going to be my next question. I agree with you. My opinion is biased, but for good reason. You didn't save me any time. If anything, you wasted my time by trying to prove a point that I already know to be true.

You may not have directly started an argument with me at that point. But lets go a few posts ahead where you said “If his knee was really THAT BAD, he wouldn't be able to move around like he's been doing.” You may not have been talking to only me, but you were starting an argument to every Laker fan reading that thread. Now my question, who really gives a shit about who started shit? Here’s what ill do for you. I started the argument.
Wow! If that is starting an argument, then...I don't know. Maybe Czar is right and you are in love with Kobe.

Thanks for admitting that you started the argument, but I already knew that.

Exactly my point. That’s the way I try to present them so that people like you can read and understand them. Your really coming along now.
What are people like me?

UGT

Sicc OG
Sep 15, 2002
i give kobe his props hes score in large amounts at the moment i have to give him his props but he wont truely impress me till he drops 50 on t mac(the best player in the nba)if he does that i will have a fucken heart attack and kick my self in the face
________
Live sex webshows

Apr 25, 2002
UGT said:
i give kobe his props hes score in large amounts at the moment i have to give him his props but he wont truely impress me till he drops 50 on t mac(the best player in the nba)if he does that i will have a fucken heart attack and kick my self in the face
McGrady is a great offensive player, but he isnt exactly Ben Wallace when it comes to defense. Kobe put up 38 against him their first meeting together.