The Hilltop's NEW Anthem

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
I love city/neighborhood anthem tracks. You don't hear as many anthem style tracks coming out of Hilltop as you do the CD or South End of Seattle, but obviously the same things are going on in all those places, Hilltop's got a fascinating history. So I was pumped to hear this cut.

But I gotta say I'm a little disappointed because it's a mixtape track, and even with it as a mixtape track, I personally can't stand that New York song.

Hilltop Hound

CEO of Bow Wow Records
Apr 26, 2002
www.bwr2000.com
xpanther206 said:
I gotta say I'm a little disappointed because it's a mixtape track, and even with it as a mixtape track, I personally can't stand that New York song.
Sorry you feel that way. I wanted to give something on the mixtape that you couldn't get off my albums. This was like a bonus for being a loyal fan and even more for repping the W-A.
And I used an East Coast beat to show diversity. As you will see if you listen to the mixtape their is east coast, dirty south, and west coast music on it. I'm focusing on national attention right now but making sure that I still give back and rep where it is that I live. Dribble.

Hilltop Hound

CEO of Bow Wow Records
Apr 26, 2002
www.bwr2000.com
YOUNG KRIME said:
i like that track thoe..but what about them bad ass East Side Piru's without them there would be no reason for the crips to bang but most of the Toppers killed theyselves.... i heard you give it up to my Big Homie Freeze Thoe.
Strik & Krusial did that with "My Posse's on Portland". It should be coming out soon.

Hilltop Hound

CEO of Bow Wow Records
Apr 26, 2002
www.bwr2000.com
YOUNG KRIME said:
i like that track thoe..but what about them bad ass East Side Piru's without them there would be no reason for the crips to bang .
And for the records bro, Hilltops was around before there were any bloods in Tacoma. At one point it was only Cali Crips, Hilltop Crips, and Eastside Crips. Freeze was around back then but he never claimed Eastsides.