The First CD you Bought?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 30, 2005
Tapes were prominent for a while in hip hop so I know some of us took longer than others to switch over to CDs. I know my first CD was Lost Boyz Legal Drug Money (Classic Album). I just picked up their 10th Anniversary Edition Lost Boyz Forever (another classic) and it reminded me that I’ve only owned CDs for 10 years now.

What was your first CD and how long have you been in the game now?

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
I forget the name of my first cd...it was a compilation that had a bunch of Native Tongue affiliated rappers on it. I remember my seccond cd though...The Faboulous Chi Ali. I used to bump that like crazy.

May 15, 2002
The first rap CD I ever owned was Best of Black Market vol.1, but the first CD I ever bought was Mac Dre "YBB". It was either that or "Pray4 Me" by Doomsday, I don't remember.

Apr 9, 2005
It took me a long ass time to make the jump from tape to cd. The first CD I bought was the Murder Was The Case soundtrack. I remember my first tapes was Audio Two - What More Can Say and Eazy E - Eazy Duz It. I just listened to that Audio Two the other day. that shit still puts me in that good ass mood that it did when I was 6. Rap was still fun back then.

Aug 7, 2002
first rap cd - mc hammer
first gangsta rap group cd - bone thugs n harmony - east 1999
gangsta rap solo - 2pac - all eyez on me
first cd - micheal jackson - beat it
first tape - snoop doggy dogg-doggystyle