The Fader says we're in the last days of San Francisco rap. Do you agree?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2018
That is just a microcosm of the world in it's entirety.
Well yeah, and Oakland is next. The cost of living went up about 200% in Oakland over the last few years. It's only going to get worse. But this thread is related to sf and it's a fact theres practically nobody left there who is from sf let alone from the bay area.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
StillHustlin @StillHustlin Immigrants seem to be the problem?
Naw breh, not a problem at all. Bearfoot stated about influx of ppl from India/China and my point I that it is prevalent practically in any major city USA. I rarely run into people from Arizona in Arizona - is what it is (of course I can get away that blase attitude because our music culture is garbage in AZ).

Props: Gabe505
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Naw breh, not a problem at all. Bearfoot stated about influx of ppl from India/China and my point I that it is prevalent practically in any major city USA. I rarely run into people from Arizona in Arizona - is what it is (of course I can get away that blase attitude because our music culture is garbage in AZ).
As non US multinationals creep into the US and US multinationals continue to grow abroad, this melting pot is going to continue to churn.

Apr 25, 2002
I don't disagree with the posts but the sound is what made Frisco rap so dope in the 90s and 00s. No one really took that torch. So if you're from Frisco and you sound like you're from any other place, what's going to keep you in the conversation? People want mainstream music from mainstream artists in "hip hop" cities. What made it cool in the entire Bay was having a different sound.

hellatall1991

Sep 13, 2018
San Francisco had the best rap in the Bay during the 90s and early 2000s. Oakland and Vallejo were vying for second place, but there's no album out there that's as solid as Mr. Predicter, or catalog as interesting as Andre Nickatina's.

May 2, 2018
San Francisco had the best rap in the Bay during the 90s and early 2000s. Oakland and Vallejo were vying for second place, but there's no album out there that's as solid as Mr. Predicter, or catalog as interesting as Andre Nickatina's.
While mr predicter had a few solid tracks, it's far from the best Frisco album. There are dozens that top it.