The "exclusive edition" of Strange/Tech releases has run it's course...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 26, 2002
www.missouri.edu
this is how it plays out

Strange Music preorders got Beautiful Music...which appeared on the CD anyway\

The "regular" release has 15 songs instead of 18 or 19. Fine...

...except it's rumored that one of the videos/singles for "Welcome" is one of the bonus tracks. That's just...a weird choice. AND...

...one of the tracks - EMJ - dedicated fans have been looking forward to since it was announced (and by dedicated fans I mean "me"). BUT...

in order get either of those two songs I have to buy the entire album on iTunes. That's great because it's cheap AND because, surprise, you get ANOTHER song that you don't get anywhere else. BUT...

I'm one of the few people still living in the stone age and I prefer owning physical copies of a CD. So, in order to get the bonus tracks I want I have to pay an extra $5 for a fucking retarded pendant that I'll never wear (though I'll probably make that $5 back by selling it on eBay because, well, there are plenty of teenage Tech fanboys who WOULD wear such a thing) AND I still can't buy the Road Rage track from iTunes because you can only get it when you buy the full album.

Basically, the world revolves around me and I want Strange to run their business in a way that benefits me first and foremost. :D

Jan 29, 2006
You could always put that welcome to strange land charm on the front of your car. I think it is small enough it will fit in most standard size license plate holders

Jan 16, 2007
I will own physical copies because I prefer quality...the exclusive edition hasn't run its course, but preordering from strange has. I mean they can at least give u the good version....ordering directly from strange should mean u get the most bang for your buck but it doesn't

Jan 6, 2008
www.youtube.com
pre-ordered from Best Buy...shipped out already...hopefully it doesnt take more than a couple days

i have a feeling that i need to get used to not getting hard copies on the day they came out. tried to pick up the new JMT and ended up having to order it from amazon

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
It may have been a little better to sit on it for a minute. Wait until later in the week when a lot of the stores are selling out of them (and even better if it was a limited run and they don't get more). Right now, anyone can run out and get one for $15 if they aren't sold out at their local Best Buy... you know? Once they sell out though, someone may be willing to pay $20 for just the medallion. Though I guess that doesn't rule out someone not being anywhere near Best Buy willing to shell out that kind of money already.

Nov 17, 2006
It's not just Strange.. the whole music industry is doin' this. Making songs that would usually be on the album bonus tracks to get more money from a deluxe edition. Nicki Minaj's biggest single from her album was actually a bonus song that you only got if you bought the Deluxe Edition.

Aug 26, 2002
www.missouri.edu
It may have been a little better to sit on it for a minute. Wait until later in the week when a lot of the stores are selling out of them (and even better if it was a limited run and they don't get more). Right now, anyone can run out and get one for $15 if they aren't sold out at their local Best Buy... you know? Once they sell out though, someone may be willing to pay $20 for just the medallion. Though I guess that doesn't rule out someone not being anywhere near Best Buy willing to shell out that kind of money already.
I thought of that. I recalled the same happening with the 6's and 7's pendant.

Honestly, though I just wanted to make back some of the $5 I had to spend to get three of the four bonus songs.

Aug 26, 2002
www.missouri.edu
It's not just Strange.. the whole music industry is doin' this. Making songs that would usually be on the album bonus tracks to get more money from a deluxe edition. Nicki Minaj's biggest single from her album was actually a bonus song that you only got if you bought the Deluxe Edition.
I'm not even salty about the idea of a Deluxe edition. Typically I GET a deluxe edition.

It's the multiple deluxe editions that are annoying, especially when it pertains to the music. I could give a shit about pendants. I could give a shit about "exclusive" documentary footage that I'm going to watch once anyway. Add those in the mix all you want and charge a little extra for them if you wish.

But the music should be simple...a "regular" version with, say, 12-15 tracks and a "deluxe" version with 3-4 bonus tracks. Add the other perks in any way or combination you wish, but don't offer bonus tracks at one store and DIFFERENT bonus tracks from iTunes that can only be downloaded if you buy the entire album.

I understand some fans WILL buy multiple versions, but it comes across as Strange trying to pad their first week sales and pockets. Business is business I guess. Strange KNOWS it will work to their advantage...perhaps I should direct my anger to fanboy Technicians.

May 1, 2009
The best buy i went to yesterday had one copy of the deluxe 6s and 7s with the pendent for sale for $15. I am now considering going back and grabbing that copy to sell the pendent. I also wouldnt mind having a copy of the cd/case as I left my original copy in my car when i traded it in a couple months ago...I hope someone at the dealership or the new owner is enjoying it.