the DEFINITIVE Tech re-make thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
I think they both grabbed it from elsewhere, because it sounded familiar the first time I heard F.U.N., and I've never heard that Gucci Mane song.

JOK3R187

Ferocious Mackadoshis
Jun 17, 2005
I think they both grabbed it from elsewhere, because it sounded familiar the first time I heard F.U.N., and I've never heard that Gucci Mane song.
I concur

I'm pretty sure it's in reference to the hook on ''Dangerous MC's" by Notorious B.I.G. aka Biggie Smalls

which has also been sampled numerous times including "Diamonds On My Neck" released in 2005 by 'Smitty' which used the above sample in the hook produced by Swizz Beatz

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Yeah, that's an old rhyme melody that's been done up a few different ways before. It's more than likely a shout to Paul Wall who had a similar line in one of his older songs. The name escapes me.

Like I said, though, a lot of people have used that.

Yang

Sicc OG
May 2, 2004
Two small ones I keep forgetting to post. Apologies if these have been said but I didn't see them;

Tech N9ne - Niggas
"Nigga, nigga, nigga, nigga, nigga, nigga please / I treat it like a fucking disease"

NWA - Niggaz 4 Life
[Eazy-E] "Nigga, nigga, nigga, nigga, nigga, nigga please / I'm treated like a fuckin disease"

&

This one might be a stretch but on Leave Me Alone I saw "The hood don't play me, ha / treat my strange music like rabies, ha / they be sayin tech nina he crazy, ha" as a reference to HA by Juvenile.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Here's one I don't see, which I find kind of strange.

Tech N9ne - Absolute Power
Here's a question to the censorship commitee
who's the biggest gang of niggas in the city?​

2Pac - Souljah's Revenge
My Message to the censorship commitee
who's the biggest gang of niggas in the city?​

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Here's a loose case,

B-Cide - Untitled (featuring Tech N9ne & Twiztid)

I'm down with ____ and that nigga that said "Now I'm the type of nigga that'll put a horse head in ya bed"

Brotha Lynch Hung - Die 1 By 1

Now I'm the type of nigga that'll put a horse head in ya bed
Brotha Lynch Hung - That'z What I Said

Cause I'm the type of nigga that'll put a horse head in ya bed

Though, both artists are probably referencing The Godfather. Also in that Tech verse, there's a pop culture reference in

... death defined, you can't stop death's design, the final destination approaches ...

... which references the Final Destination movie/franchise

Also in the 'Non Tech, Strange' ones category, you have Big Scoob's Street Life. It's a remake of the RDV's version from their first album, but the hook comes from The Crusaders feat. Randy Crawford's Street Life.

Nov 27, 2007
Kutt Calhoun - Buy The Bar (Feat. Nesto The Owner)
"Gold grill in my mouth, hat turned sideways, pants on the ground, lookin like a cool cat".

taken from,

Larry Platt - American Idol Audition - "Pants on the Ground"

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Kutt also uses the rhythm and scheme of a Busta line from Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See.

You lyric sleuths can do the dirty work. I don't remember what song it is on the new album.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
It's not really a direct "remake" as the melody/tempo/etc of the bar is different, but there may have been some influence. That, or pure coincidence.

Tech N9ne - Doin' It
I got a Mercedes Benz I ain't drove yet​

Puff Daddy - Can't Nobody Hold Me Down
and got a Benz I ain't even drove yet​

Either way... I see Tech is doing shit Diddy was doing 14 years ago...

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Here is a pop culture reference:

Tech N9ne - Yada, Yada, Yada
The sands of time have already started to pour against you dog​

The Mummy Returns
The sands of time have already begun to pour against you​