The D-Sane "tinny" Echo......

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
I fuckin' love this effect on vocals.....It sort of has a tin can echo sound to it.....I've been wantin' to mention it for some time but that Bane track finally made me say something......I think the first time I heard it was on Byrdie's album on the song "Dirty Politics" when D-sane breaks in and says "We seekin' and destroyin' all haters......" Is that an effect that you do to the audio, or is it the mic that it's recorded on? Obviously I don't know the technical aspects that are involved in recording music, so sorry if that is an ignorant ass question. Also, what other songs have been recorded have that effect? I can't think of any right now......

Mar 13, 2003
www.billythefridge.com
It's achieved by tying two tin cans together by a string, end to end. You fix one end to the microphone and you stretch the other end out into a bathroom. then you put your head down next to the toilet, flush the toilet and talk into the tin can with your head in the bowl.

It's hecka dope.

Naw, just playin'. It's an after affect done to the audio. It makes for a dope sound though. Usually, you'll only use one Microphone for in booth vocal recording and add the effects afterwards. It gives you more control over the sound - incase you may want to change something later.

Question: How could D-Sane get any more gangster?

Answer: Voice effects

Dec 11, 2002
Ever since I been posting on here.. I've always seen D-Sane respond the same way...

..... "Ancient White Boy Secret" .... lol...

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
www.streetlevelrecords.com
KALYN said:
..... "Ancient White Boy Secret" .... lol...
And there you have it folks! lol

Fuckin' Fridge.....what a funny guy. Actually it's a combination of effects and EQ settings applied to a regularly recorded vocal track. I actually created it during the Sykotherapy album. You can hear it on several songs on there. I use it here and there.....I don't wanna play it out. One of the effects is a metallic sound.....that's where it gets the "tinny" sound.

Apr 25, 2002
Mr. D-Sane said:
I actually created it during the Sykotherapy album. You can hear it on several songs on there.
Which songs is it on? It doesn't sound as evident on that album. I think it might be more noticeable when it's used when it's someone just talking, rather than spitting a verse.........I think I notice it on "It Gets Greater Later".......