THE BEST 90's RAP VINYL BARGIN BIN YOU HAVE EVER SEEN!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2006
ha no I dont use them to spin though...collect and listen...it's a nostalgic thing for me...but I can understand dj's moving away from it... the days of carrying crates seem to be over but viny will always have a place in music...IMO

Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
ha no I dont use them to spin though...collect and listen...it's a nostalgic thing for me...but I can understand dj's moving away from it... the days of carrying crates seem to be over but viny will always have a place in music...IMO
I understand. I grew up with records too and vinyl certainly has it's own unique sound.

Vinyl is certainly a dying breed tho. I don't think you can even buy new releases in vinyl format... Most rap albums were only released in vinyl for DJ's but the digital era put an end to that.

Although I suppose if one really wanted to they could find a vinyl record manufacturer and transfer their cd's or tapes to vinyl if they really appreciate the sound..

Apr 25, 2006
I understand. I grew up with records too and vinyl certainly has it's own unique sound.

Vinyl is certainly a dying breed tho. I don't think you can even buy new releases in vinyl format... Most rap albums were only released in vinyl for DJ's but the digital era put an end to that.

Although I suppose if one really wanted to they could find a vinyl record manufacturer and transfer their cd's or tapes to vinyl if they really appreciate the sound..
I agree with you, it's funny though there are plenty of new releases that come out on vinyl surprisingly enough...everything from lil waynes weak ass albums to new tech n9ne albums, yelawolf had records pressed up...they're even re-releasing classic on wax like de la soul and too short and public enemy...the problem is that their expensive...talking $20 or more for new albums like that

Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
I agree with you, it's funny though there are plenty of new releases that come out on vinyl surprisingly enough...everything from lil waynes weak ass albums to new tech n9ne albums, yelawolf had records pressed up...they're even re-releasing classic on wax like de la soul and too short and public enemy...the problem is that their expensive...talking $20 or more for new albums like that
I don't buy much anymore (my honey hole for cds blew up in a gas explosion) but when the store existed they had a decent selection of vinyl - mostly from the 80's and mid-to-early 90's. I used to trade my mix tapes and rap albums + cash and I would occasionally snatch some vinyl in the trade (s).

I remember I got/had a ton of gangsta pat vinyl at one point.

IMO, when it comes to vinyl I love 70's classic rock. When I was like 11-12 I got into my parents vinyl collection and just started listening - good stuff man. However I'm not a very nostalgic person so i went out and bought the tapes of the albums I liked.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2006
Ha I feel you on the classic rock...thanks to the parents you can hear me on any given day bumpin outta my monte carlo too short, spice 1, and then just flip it to zepplin or skynrd even james taylor....most folks look at me crazy, both young and old....good stuff.

Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
Ha I feel you on the classic rock...thanks to the parents you can hear me on any given day bumpin outta my monte carlo too short, spice 1, and then just flip it to zepplin or skynrd even james taylor....most folks look at me crazy, both young and old....good stuff.
Yeah, I really don't mess with anything pre 2001.

I have no desire to buy a lil wayne cd on vinyl for that matter, however I do enjoy listening to classic rock on vinyl tho. Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Rolling stones, Kansas etc...

I have a couple of crates of records, however my record player needs a needle. and with youtube I can listen to whatever I want - even in record format.