THE BEGINNING OF SAN DIEGO RAP

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 9, 2002
i can't believe nobody posted up the the group 619. Big June know what i'm talkin about. i think Rhyme Syndicate was a group outta lincoln. But i grew up on green eyes and gangsta ern. And i also put out that DJ King Aurthor was a big part of the SD rap scene. he wasn't no rapper but he used to dj everybody's party. all the OG's know what i'm talkin about. he's the only one that i know of that has Gangsta Ern on wax. aye june remember your first tape cover when you was in front of the apartments on the I wht the Big June sweater, fresh hair doo, wit the fat tool hangin out the belt? I used to hear that you and lil B-stone used to have battles at Keiler back in the day when they said you was the best up there. and for the OG's talkin about the old party crews what about NASTY CREW?

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
Yeah Im lookin at the big june straight jackin single casette right now,Its in black and white,and he got the perm goin,and long tee with big june in ol E letters on his chest and 619 on the pocket

Feb 13, 2004
I feel like San Diego rappers get no love compared to those rappers in the Bay. The radio stations here give no love to local artists, which is somewhat sad. They have to rely on word of mouth and street hustlin to make money. Hopefully we see a change in the near future

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
oinker34 said:
I feel like San Diego rappers get no love compared to those rappers in the Bay. The radio stations here give no love to local artists, which is somewhat sad. They have to rely on word of mouth and street hustlin to make money. Hopefully we see a change in the near future
YOUR pont is dead on...howver..lets just say they got a few spins on your local radio...they aint gonna get major spins cause the radio station gotta make money. So most people in dago are aware of the local artists,and word of mouth did that....but we gotta think outside the box,come up with a new industry marketing attack,cause what worked 5-1o years ago aint gonna work today.Dago has many issues within that stops most from succeeding as well......whats the population in dago for rap listeners.....you should be able to apply that to your local artists sales, but we dont support our own,we would rather burn a copy, or buy someone else

Jan 9, 2006
www.myspace.com
oinker34 said:
SOME SEEM TO FORGET THAT SAN DIEGO IS A MILITARY TOWN/ MAJOR LABELS ARE PAYING BIGG DIVIDENDS TO GET REGULAR RADIO PLAY. BUT THINGS ARE STARTING TO CHANGE.

Jan 23, 2006
ROYAL T KINDA IDOLIZED ILL BLACC !THEY WERE REAL COOL.ROYAL PAID FOR ILL BLACC TO BE CREMATED !HE PUT ILL BLACC'S PIC ON THAT ALBUM COVER THAT GROWIN UP IN THE CITY REMIX WAS ON AND DID THE SONG TO HELP OUT ILL BLACCS KIDS!WHEN IBM WAS ALIVE ,ROYAL T WOULD LET IBM KEEP BRICCS WITHOUT IBM GIVIN HIM NO MONEY BACC! ROYAL T IS A COLD PIECE OF WORK ,HE ALWAYS TRYIN TO BRAG AND TALK BAD ABOUT OTHER ARTISTS!