THE BAY TOO INDEPENDENT FOR OUR OWN GOOD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 16, 2006
Gemini said:
I can agree, but the point most are trying to make is, the Bay don't show love back to those who support them.
Gemini said:
On the really though. The bay area can't even show support to our own individual cities. Instead of supportin a nigga, too many cats concerned about who first said "yeeeeeeeee" "yadadamean" "skooberdocious" or wateva the next word is. I love the bay cuz we are on that "I don't give a fuck what everyone else say i'mma do me." But sometimes cats out here is so independent that they don't realize all we doin is hurtin ourselves by not supporting each other.

I'm from the Bottoms in the West u feel me, so if i step out my front door and say "yeeeeeeeeee" niggas is lookin at me sideways. How we supposta push the bay when niggas can't even show another turf some love?

Oct 20, 2003
www.myspace.com
its still about being true to yourself, if you know your hood yells "heyyy" instead of "yooo" then dont walk outside yellin no damn "yooo"....

you could embrace the movement all you want but you gotta remember its still music at the end of the day so thats how you gotta look at it...

thats just like when that walk it out song come on, i bet you only yell for your side to walk it out hahaa why is that if you're supportin a movement

on that note SOUTHSIDE WALK IT OUT

im high

oh yea i stay "near the bottoms" as well and if i heard you say "Yee" being that im from Richmond i would look at you funny too

Dec 8, 2006
www.myspace.com
its bout respect and just keepin it 1 hunnid don't try and swiCh shit up just cuz u got more ppl lookin at us if niggas just kept it solid then tha bay as a whole would be bigger right now

for a example when iggas in tha atl was doin it big wit that a-town stomp shit from wat i learn niggas only on tha east side of atl do dat stomp its called da east side stomp now instead of everybody in atl hopin on da bandwagon doin it niggas from west atl was like ok we respect wat dat side do but we aint frm da east we frm da west so we do da west side slide and dats dat lean wit it rock wit it shit now da a-town stomp was big in like 02/03 and da lean wit it rock wit it was big 05/06 and shit like dat kept them on top for so long ...keepin it solid

now everybody know yee came frm tha riCH and tha only niggas dat did it and knew wat it means was niggas frm tha south side of riCHmond and niggas from tha crest bcuz of mac dre .....before this tha "hyphy movement" i aint neva heard nobody from no otha hood say that
but now everybody say yee like its "hello" or sumn

og niggas know cuddie mean a crest nigga shit has popped off in vallejo if you call a nigga dats not from da crest a cuddie so 2 see ppl use words like yee,cuddie and shit like that with out not even bein tied wit tha spots dat made them words is just on sum fad shit and these kinda things played out that hyphy shit and real niggas aint goin 4 dat okie doke and dats why we aint united:eek:

Jan 15, 2006
doehubba said:
its bout respect and just keepin it 1 hunnid don't try and swiCh shit up just cuz u got more ppl lookin at us if niggas just kept it solid then tha bay as a whole would be bigger right now

for a example when iggas in tha atl was doin it big wit that a-town stomp shit from wat i learn niggas only on tha east side of atl do dat stomp its called da east side stomp now instead of everybody in atl hopin on da bandwagon doin it niggas from west atl was like ok we respect wat dat side do but we aint frm da east we frm da west so we do da west side slide and dats dat lean wit it rock wit it shit now da a-town stomp was big in like 02/03 and da lean wit it rock wit it was big 05/06 and shit like dat kept them on top for so long ...keepin it solid

now everybody know yee came frm tha riCH and tha only niggas dat did it and knew wat it means was niggas frm tha south side of riCHmond and niggas from tha crest bcuz of mac dre .....before this tha "hyphy movement" i aint neva heard nobody from no otha hood say that
but now everybody say yee like its "hello" or sumn

og niggas know cuddie mean a crest nigga shit has popped off in vallejo if you call a nigga dats not from da crest a cuddie so 2 see ppl use words like yee,cuddie and shit like that with out not even bein tied wit tha spots dat made them words is just on sum fad shit and these kinda things played out that hyphy shit and real niggas aint goin 4 dat okie doke and dats why we aint united:eek:

thats how its been slang aint gone stay in one place it goes around where you think "what it do" came from ? where you think "yadaadamean" came from ? ny niggaz been saying yaamean niggaz just added the d to it... hyphy is a oakland word and everybody saying it now.. who fuckin cares

i swear some of you niggaz must have no lifes to be worried about petty ass bullshit like this and even have the nerve to claim thats the reason the bay aint blow yet nigga the reason the bay aint blow is cuz nigaz aint about they business and overall the music sucks !

Nov 7, 2005
MrPeete said:
To beat a dead horse:

Is this about music or hood/street bullshit?
a combination of both. eventhough a lot of our music is heavily street influenced, it has to rise above that level or we will just be a bunch of mad dudes arguing which neighborhood is harder

Mar 1, 2006
1. The bay is too damn sensitive and hates on artists that blow up from other regions...

2. The bay gets upset when other regions start listening to bay area music and borrow it's slang or culture

3. The bay wants everyone else to listen to it's music but not use the slang or ideas....

4. The bay puts out way too much crappy music and get's butthurt when other regions notice how wack 95% of the music from the bay is

5. The bay is so desperate for attention that people make threads about random e-40 spottings on TV or if E-40 is growing his hair out....

its pretty damn pathetic

Oct 31, 2003
When people don't have shit- they act shitty. The Bay is so dying of thirst that it clings to things like " I said hyphy in 1992 when I slipped in the shower". It is a combo of hate+disbelief. When someone out of the Bay starts to make positive moves...The hate patrole comes out to play. They bring them down before they can even come up. If the Bay wants to blame anyone for the lack of attention, it needs to blame itself.

Dec 16, 2006
i lightweight feel what you sayin but i don't think we can blame ourselves for lack of attention. You can't force someone to pay attention to what your doing especially if they already gettin money somewhere else. It was only after the south got played out with the snappin and shit did the music industry look somehwhere else to make money.

Nov 29, 2006
too bad md wasnt alive still the whole bay as a whole bay and cali woulda blew up and not even all on hyphy at all i bet mac dre and messy marv and luni coloeone would have a mobshit track all over tv new shit all the time im just giving examples but mac dre would helped the bay so much nickatina woulda got noticed as well as every bay cat and og rap cats i dont kno why the bay had to blow off this goin dumb shit it doesnt look right unless when md did it anyways its like we was about to blow in a positive way and we rushed into it and fuked it up and theres really kno way to get og bay mobshit on tv cuz they think we aint even capable or dont wanna give us attention

Mar 4, 2006
the_truth_ said:
and even have the nerve to claim thats the reason the bay aint blow yet nigga the reason the bay aint blow is cuz nigaz aint about they business and overall the music sucks !
Can someone translate this paragraph for me? I tried to read this sentence/paragraph 3 times and Im lost. You guys seem passionate in your responses but if the shit is not comprehensible you're wasting your breath.