The Bay deserves to be starving in the rap game

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 6, 2006
None of the artists are doing anything outside of the box.Niggas just follow trends that they think will get them spins and allow them 2 fit in todays markets.Yukmouth is the best example of that.The nigga stop spittin dat shit that got him popular in the 1st place and his last album sounded like he wanted too much acceptance from the south.Same goes for E-40 and im a big 40 fan but to see cats make music they probably know aint up 2 par just to lower they standards for the south is sickening.Niggas 2 quick 2 dumb down the music and since only a few are stickin to the script we dont deserve 2 win if we only gon make the same kinda trash the south makin.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
the last two from yuk sounded like they could have been mainstream sellable, an that 40 seemed watered down (no pun intented but might as well) for the mainstream. thats how it is in the biz if you want it big. i mean i love the classic shit, an alot of the new shit from bay rap but that isn't enough for mainstream sucess. the industry not flocking to the bay shows you that the "classic" style isnt sellable. come on, if the rest of california cant relate to mob/hyphy, how the rest of the nation let alone world going to?

Oct 28, 2003
real talk, but what do u exspected out of them...they are kinda past their prime of being impact players in the game. It's a miracle that 40 has gotten this 2nd wind.

Jan 18, 2006
I aint feeling what you said about Yuk, that thugged out shit aint working these days. He made 2 good albums these past 2 im referring to

ESFCE

Sicc OG
Dec 4, 2004
Bay area just gotta wait its turn. there no winning formula on how to blow up...everyone says you gotta be universal but look at the shit thats blowing up right now, simple beats, watered down lyrics and songs about dances/objects....people need to just get over it and enjoy the music, no matter what region its from. the bay cant always be on top...

Nov 5, 2004
I gave up on this shit a while ago.

I don't think I've bought a Bay album in like a year.

Matter of fact, I haven't been listening to too much hip hop in general recently.

(Oh no, shudders at the thought of having my siccness stripes removed!)

Dec 19, 2006
www.myspace.com
None of the artists are doing anything outside of the box.Niggas just follow trends that they think will get them spins and allow them 2 fit in todays markets.Yukmouth is the best example of that.The nigga stop spittin dat shit that got him popular in the 1st place and his last album sounded like he wanted too much acceptance from the south.Same goes for E-40 and im a big 40 fan but to see cats make music they probably know aint up 2 par just to lower they standards for the south is sickening.Niggas 2 quick 2 dumb down the music and since only a few are stickin to the script we dont deserve 2 win if we only gon make the same kinda trash the south makin.
Do you rap?

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
The whole purpose of music is entertainment and evolution. If an artist like Yukmouth spit shit like he did 13 years ago, nobody would be coppin' his shit. Yea, it made dude famous back then, but if he doesn't evolve he gets buried by the industry...it's that simple.

If you don't rap, you wouldn't really understand that there's a fine line between entertainment and reality. When you're in a business to make money, you do what your clients want. In this case, it's fans. That means, if fans want to hear dumbass party songs, with stupid lyrics but a good beat and catchy hook, that's what THEY WANT! As an artist, as soon as you sign a contract, you agree to cater to the fans...REGARDLESS! If you don't, you might as well count your money and move on.

You can want a rapper to keep it real all day. The fact of the matter is, that doesn't put food on the table right now. People are in party mode, not serious mode. If you're THAT good, you can pull anything off...including the deep shit. BUT, to get their attention, you have to spit what they want.

Feb 25, 2005
I gave up on this shit a while ago.
I don't think I've bought a Bay album in like a year.
Matter of fact, I haven't been listening to too much hip hop in general recently.

Damn homie, do u atleast purchase music from them up & coming youngins that solicit their music in the streets? I only ask because I stopped spendin my skrill on the so-called "name brand" Bay rappers. In a minute these youngins aint going 2 see my bread if they dont step it up.

These rappahs should know that good music is less about technique and more about emotions.

Nov 5, 2004
Damn homie, do u atleast purchase music from them up & coming youngins that solicit their music in the streets? I only ask because I stopped spendin my skrill on the so-called "name brand" Bay rappers. In a minute these youngins aint going 2 see my bread if they dont step it up.

These rappahs should know that good music is less about technique and more about emotions.
I been purchasing Bay & albums from everywhere my whole life. If they deserve my $15, I'll do it. Just IMO I ain't felt any albums in the past year out of the Bay enough to hand over my cash.

I will cop that Tear Gas for sure though.

Sep 29, 2004
the game has changed, the bay has to change with it, everything has to be top quality, u cant get away with mediocre shit.. the verses and hook and beat all have to be at a certain level. u have to do sumthing for the females. they run radio and itunes, the biggest hip hop market is like 10 - 15 yr old girls...

Nov 11, 2007
E-40 MADE IT. TOO SHORT MADE IT. BABY BASH MADE IT. etc. etc. THE BAY AINT GONE MAKE IT IF THE BAY KEEP THIS OUTKASTED KID SHIT UP. WE HAVE ALL THE CHANNELS AND RESOURCES TO MAKE IT HAPPEN. CATS JUST HATIN TOO MUCH. DOING EACH OTHER WRONG. I JUST LET A LABEL WHERE I COULD HAVE GOTTEN DISTRIBUTED THROUGH THUMP/UNIVERSAL, KOCH, EMI. I'VE BEEN TO THE TOP OF THE T-PEE. IVE BEEN AROUND MAJOR PLAYERS IN THE BAY. THE ONES WHO TALK TO THE PEOPLE WE TRYING TO TALK TO... AND IF I COULD TALK...WOW...IF I COULD TALK I WOULD BUT IN A NUTSHELL...CATS IS FUCKING OFF OUR HOOK UPS BEFORE WE GET TO THEM....YOU CAN SEE IN MY PICS ON MY MYSPACE PAGE...IVE BEEN THERE....

WWW.MYSPACE.COM/MAGRUFFMUTTLEYPRESENTS