The Art Of Rap

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 15, 2005
Ice-T takes us on an intimate journey into the heart and soul of hip-hop with the legends of rap music. This performance documentary goes beyond the stardom and the bling to explore what goes on inside the minds, and erupts from the lips, of the grandmasters of rap. Recognized as the godfather of Gangsta rap, Ice-T is granted unparalleled access to the personal lives of the masters of this artform that he credits for saving his life. Interspersed with the performers' insightful, touching, and often funny revelations are classic raps, freestyle rhymes, and never before heard a cappellas straight from the mouths of the creators. What emerges is a better understanding of, and a tribute to, an original American art form that brought poetry to a new generation.

In Theaters: Jun 15, 2012 Limited

:siccness:

Props: JLMACN
Apr 2, 2010
who are the rappers?

Afrika Bambaataa
Big Daddy Kane
B-Real
Bun B
Chino XL
Chuck D
Common
Dana Dane
DJ Premier
DMC
Doug E. Fresh
Dr. Dre
Eminem
Grandmaster Caz
Ice Cube
Ice-T
Immortal Technique
Joe Budden
Kanye West
Kool Keith
Kool Moe Dee
KRS-One
Lord Finesse
Lord Jamar
Marley Marl
MC Lyte
Melle Mel
Nas
Q-Tip
Raekwon
Rakim
Ras Kass
Redman
Royce da 5'9"
Run
Salt
Snoop Dogg
Treach
WC
Xzibit
Yasiin (formerly known as Mos Def)

Can't believe they have Joe Budden in it, he's far from a legend that doesn't have the right to speak on what hip hop is.

Nov 7, 2006
whats wrong with joe budden being in it? he's been in the main stream, middle stream, underground & nothing. he's even been a apart of a group. dude isnt a legend but probably has a ton of knowledge with what he went through over the years he was in the game.

Apr 2, 2010
whats wrong with joe budden being in it? he's been in the main stream, middle stream, underground & nothing. he's even been a apart of a group. dude isnt a legend but probably has a ton of knowledge with what he went through over the years he was in the game.
He has the mentality of a 5 year old too, plus he's one of the most average rappers you could find.

Nov 15, 2005
the doc is sick. Def worth checking out. No bay area representation though. I thought they might have had E-40, Too $hort, or Spice 1 in it but no (especially E-40. His "art of rap" is really unique). At the end of the movie though there's a huge R. I. P. list (in alphabetical order) and they mention Cougnut, Mac Dre, and Rapping Ron (I think they mentioned Mister Cee from RBL too but I'm not sure).

J @JahesJom I noticed that as well. I think Bun B is the closest to the south. I was thinking they could have gotten T I (maybe he couldn't because of his case), Scarface, and/or Big K. R. I. T.

Tech N9ne and Busta Rhymes I thought should have been in the film as well. Even Twista.

Props: Coach E. No

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
BTW, why is Dr. Dre on this? He doesn't write his own shit. lol If he starts talking about writing... I don't want to hear that shit.

(still looking for a link btw)

Nov 15, 2005
Dr. Dre doesn't talk about writing. He talks about working with Tupac and how he creates a beat (he discusses a couple other topics/subjects as well).

WXS STOMP3R

SENIOR GANG MEMBER
Feb 27, 2006
CHUCK D IN A INTERVIEW SAID JAYZ AND A BUNCH OF OTHER RAPPERS WANTED A RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF MONEY TO BE INCLUDED IN THIS FILM,
WHEN MOST THE RAPPERS THAT PARTICIPATED DID IT OUT OF LOVE FOR THE GAME AND RESPECT FOR ICE-T.

SO ICE JUST KEPT IT MOVING WITH WHAT HE HAD.

Nov 15, 2005
Since the release of the film I've seen a couple interviews with Ice T about why certain rappers were left out and Ice T basically said it was difficult to select who made the final cut. He said he has about 25 rappers he interviewed that didn't make the finished product (I'm thinking he'll include some of those on the DVD). He also said his favorite rapper wasn't in the film (he didn't say who that is but I think it's Tupac) and he also said if your favorite rapper wasn't in the film he's positive your favorite rappers favorite rapper is.