That Bad Santa sequel is still happening

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
One of the centerpieces of Miramax's rebirth through literal reincarnation, Bad Santa 2 is still slowly making its way toward a bittersweet Christmas where we all reflect on the deaths of Bernie Mac and John Ritter as a marker of our own encroaching mortality. Appropriately, Deadline says that the project is now in the hands of writer-director Steve Pink, whose work on Hot Tub Time Machine established himself as a filmmaker familiar with black comedies whose humor is steeped in nostalgically pointing to things. Pink is reportedly in talks to both direct and rewrite the script from Johnny Rosenthal—whose story either won out in the studio's race between two competing Bad Santa 2 screenplays, or it simply availed the most opportunities for Billy Bob Thornton to pour forth his innate repugnance for humanity at its most ignorant, perhaps by just having the stage direction "Billy Bob is forced to listen to someone else talking," followed by vast blocks of white space.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/that-bad-santa-sequel-is-still-happening,83169/

Mar 18, 2003
I really liked the first one, but I think a lot of the comedic value derived from the interaction between Willie and Marcus' (Tony Cox) character. It's hard to imagine another film without Marcus in it.

Who the hell is us people?

Gin: Look here, get himy outta here and I'll go smooth things over with Chipeska, Tell him it was food poisoning or something.
Marcus: What do you mean, get him outta here?
Gin: Take him to the car.
Marcus: In case you didn't notice I'm a motherfucking dwarf, so unless you got a forklift handy, maybe you should lend a hand
Gin: That figures. You want all kind of set-asides. Special treatment 'cause you're handicapped. You're all the same.
Marcus: Special treatment? I'm 3 foot fucking tall you asshole! It's a matter of physics. Draw me a sketch of how I get him to the car!

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Appropriately, Deadline says that the project is now in the hands of writer-director Steve Pink, whose work on Hot Tub Time Machine established himself as a filmmaker familiar with black comedies whose humor is steeped in nostalgically pointing to things. Pink is reportedly in talks to both direct and rewrite the script from Johnny Rosenthal