Temp job services

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Daveyboy

Sicc Triple OG
Apr 25, 2002
What's up..its 4:00am I can't sleep so i'm gonna bitch about stuff thats been on my mind. First I gotta problem with the whole Human resources where i work. whats the benifit from temp work services seriously. i'd think that after you have worked with a temp service for so many consecutive months say like 12 of em that you are no longer "temporary" where i work people that are actually hired on by the company and not a temp service get paid $1-$2 more than the temp workers. You would think thats kind of messed up being that everyone does the same shit there. why should a person be paid more to do the same job? First thing that pops in my head is 21st century slavery. What ever happened to filling out an application or sending your resume to HR. I just feel like society is more about corporate greed rather than human need. Now I'm sure the services are paid for bringing in the man power but i dont believe its the best way. I'm coming from an organization that yes refers to there workers as bodies but there was a little thing in there called troop welfare. This whole deal makes everyone not employed by the company feel belittled in a way. plus they only give 5 vacation days a year now you can call in sick days and theres really no limit unless its out of control but you take the risk of them canning your ass. you work 9 hours a day and are only paid for 8 when you take vacation. shits pretty weak. especially when employees get a day every month plus 3 days of non payed personal time and 2 weeks of emergency. I dont know just some of the things that i fight with in my head when im at work. Im not planning on working in this shithole forever but i think it could be better for people that have nothing else to go for. it is what it is I Hate My Job

Mar 8, 2006
www.thephylumonline.com
i feel you man. a lot of temporary services are trash as far as finding a REAL decent job. every time i ever got to where you're at (frustrated) with a job or feeling like i was on that tread mill, i started looking for different opportunities whenever possible. wasn't always easy, but i was always able to eventually find something better, either a straight to hire position, or a better temp position. they play folks at my wife's job like that...1 year or more as a temp at $8 hr, finally hire you for $9 hr, then give you a .16 raise every year. luckily for my wife she's on the fast track making $10 hr after 3 years. lol
if there is potential to eventually really get hired and make a decent wage with good benefits, then i say try to stick it out if you have time vested, but everything ain't for everybody, so that's on you. i do know that shit is for the birds a lot of the time too.