Tech's Tucson show...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 19, 2002
www.myspace.com
The Bum Steer, huh? I've driven by that place before... always assumed it was some manner of country bar.

Hey, where's those Tucson guys at? Y'all ever been in this place?

Hey, a 21+ show. Sweet.

Aug 19, 2002
www.myspace.com
TheVille31 said:
so your not goin cuz of the jugg's?
I'm likely not going because I'm temporarily in Tucson at the moment and driving back to Tempe for a Thursday night show just to drive back to Tucson to get to work Friday morming doesn't make much sense when I could catch the show in Tucson Friday night.

Missing out on the opportunity to be surrounded by underage punks is just a bonus.

Jun 23, 2003
I'll be at the tucson show. I never been in the bumsteer but I am glad the show will be 21 and over. ENdelt, if you see me (I'll be in a black and red portland trailblazer warm up jersey) say what up. We'll see whats poppin on some after parties. I know your down to drink. Thats how we do it down here.

Aug 19, 2002
www.myspace.com
I stopped by the Bum Steer last week to see what's up. I didn't explore the whole bar... but, I didn't see anything that resembled a stage area.

I talked to a bartender and waitress who knew nothing about the show... but, the waitress went in back and talked to a manager. Info she returned with was that at that point they hadn't decided what, or if, they were going to charge. I can't imagine the show's going to be free, but the important thing I walked away from the conversation with was that there won't be advance ticket sales. Just a cover at the door. I'll probably give them a call sometime between now and then to make sure things haven't changed.

Anyway, see you at the show, man. I look like this... except I usually have a beer in my hand.

Aug 19, 2002
www.myspace.com
Finally got around to call the bar back today.

$12 cover charge at the door. No advance sales. If you pay an additional $10 cover charge, you can get penny drinks.

I'm seeing a cab ride home in my future.

Aug 19, 2002
www.myspace.com
Oh, and I guess they're playing outside. The guy on the phone seemed unsure of a start time, but suggested 10pm. The webpage shows 7:30pm... but, I'd imagine 10 is closer to accurate. Too bad Nick's not checking in from the road. Would be nice to be able to pick up "inside" information on things like this.

Dec 1, 2003
Reno? The Gritty City?? Lmao I have to get bacc out their and see if I still know anyone that works at KWNZ 93.7FM...I think they fired most the crew that was their last time I was in town....