Tech Wins HoodHype Award

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 8, 2008
HoodHype Announces Rapper, Tech N9ne, as Toughest Hip-Hop Artist Over 50 Cent
HoodHype, the podcast show dedicated to independent music, finalizes its Hip-Hop Fight Club featuring some of the biggest names in the rap game.

Detroit, MI (PRWEB) March 14, 2011

HoodHype (HH) announces rapper Tech N9ne as the heavy weight champion of its Hip-Hop Fight Club series. The three-month podcast series was devoted to placing rappers from the East, West, South, and Midwest regions against one other in imaginary duels to determine the toughest Hip-Hop artist in the game. Fight Club episodes featured a total of 32 rappers along with comedic narration provided by HoodHype’s hosts battling for artists in each division of the fight bracket.

In the final round, Tech N9ne earned the title based on his gathering of loyal underground fans versus 50 Cent’s mainstream following.

Some notable Fight Club moments include East Coast Champion, 50 Cent winning against West Coast Champion, Dr. Dre in the semi finals by way of Dre dying from old age by delaying the fight like he did the Album, Detox. Additionally, Eminem winning the Midwest Bracket against Kanye West by way of hurting his feelings. Other Fight Club contenders include Diddy, Game, Snoop Dogg, Lil Wayne, and Lupe Fiasco, representing their respective region.

“The idea for Hip-Hop Fight Club came from a listener who wanted to know if we thought Drake could win in a fight against Kanye West, said JMack, one of the hosts of HoodHype. The argument spurred a topic that spanned nearly half of the episode which prompted us to kick off an entire series battling rappers against one other to ultimately TKO or disqualify each other for the next round.”

Winner, Tech N9ne replied, “It’s very flattering for them to choose me over a mogul like 50 Cent. I appreciate it, I’m honored and most of all, glad that you all recognized the skill of this Midwest MC. I got more comin’ – stay tuned!”

HoodHype’s Hip-Hop Fight Club was the podcast’s first time showcasing rappers in a toe-to-toe match. Each fight club page includes brackets and audio clips through the finals from each episode of the show.

To watch all the battles and see how Tech N9ne reigned supreme, visit: http://www.hoodhype.com/fightclub

About HoodHype:
Dedicated to spreading the word about independent and up-and-coming artists since 2005, HoodHype is a Hip-Hop podcast and online broadcast show produced bi-monthly by its hosts Major, JMack and Phro. Through live syndication with AOL Radio and podcast syndication through iTunes, Zune Marketplace, Last.FM, HoodHype.com, PlayStation Network, Google TV, MediaFly and many more, HoodHype is becoming a popular outlet for listeners around the world to hear Hip-Hop, interviews, and be entertained.

SOURCE: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2011/03/prweb5143664.htm