Tech outsells Fat Joe

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 17, 2009
Mainstream artist have customers not true FANS. Its just like serving fast food. Once your lil spark is over the customers go on to the next "hot" thing. Then next thing you know the IRS is on they ass then they're working at UPS or McDonalds.

That's why I can always respect indie and underground artist more. They're fans never leave them for what's hot.

Yang

Sicc OG
May 2, 2004
Mainstream artist have customers not true FANS. Its just like serving fast food. Once your lil spark is over the customers go on to the next "hot" thing. Then next thing you know the IRS is on they ass then they're working at UPS or McDonalds.

That's why I can always respect indie and underground artist more. They're fans never leave them for what's hot.
I know what you're getting at, but Fat Joe is not a good example of it. The man has been putting out albums since the early 90's - that's a lot of fast food.

Oct 17, 2009
Kinda OT but yeah speaking of mainstream rappers that was "hot" just a while ago losing everything and losing their shit to the IRS http://www.thisis50.com/forum/topics/irs-raid-young-bucks-home?xg_source=activity

This is one of the only few examples I'll praise ICP. Its better to have a loyal independent following that will stick with you no matter if your shit is garbage or not and stay "wealthy" than "so fucking rich I gotta brag about all the Phantom's, Lambos, Benzs, video bitches, million dollar watches and chains, and Mansions I got" then in about 2 to 3 years when your hype is over those major label fees/360 deals leave you dead broke, then you realize the singles that stayed in rotation on the radio around the country and the albums you went multi-plat off of you only saw 25 cent off of each copy, but wait your mortage, car notes for your 12 or so 6 figure cars you DIDN'T NEED, 7 figure jewelry you can't sell for the same price you bought it , and bills come in for that mansion you bought when you used to be hot 2 to 3 years ago and now you don't have the money to pay it then the IRS is on yo' ass...Niggas living beyond they means on borrowed time.

Had a pissed day finally quit that shitty maintence man job and ain't had no damn sleep.