Tech N9ne @ the Woodies

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 26, 2002
www.missouri.edu
Congrats to tech. He got a woodie lol.
correction. he got TWO woodies.

http://www.spinner.com/2009/11/19/matt-and-kim-dead-weather-rock-mtvu-woodie-awards/

Matt and Kim entered the venue on bikes and performed 'Lessons Learned' with a crowd of hipsters stripping down to their underwear as a tribute to the song's nudity-filled video. Both members of the band stepped off the stage and into the audience -- fully dressed, mind you -- with Kim Schifino standing atop the crowded mass. Meanwhile, someone attempted to feed Matt Johnson beer as he crowd-surfed.

This act prompted Zooey Deschanel to declare, "I'm not prepared to take off my clothes," to a chorus of good-natured boos. Instead, she stood behind the podium in a metallic frock and announced Never Shout Never as the first winner of the night. The collective exclaimed, "Power to the people!" while accepting the statue for Breaking Woodie, then immediately exited the stage.

The references to Matt and Kim's eye-popping performance didn't stop there. After 3OH!3, decked in Lady Gaga-like VMA ensembles, bestowed the Leftfield Woodie to Tech N9ne, the winning act said, "Thank you for the second Woodie I got tonight ... the first was from the chicks undressing."