Tech N9ne - Something Else

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 30, 2002
Preorders of ONLY the "All Access" deluxe CD version will be personally autographed by Tech N9ne!

Technicians! Are you prepared for Something Else The newest album from Tech N9ne hits stores 7/30, but here's your chance to preorder the most anticipated album of Tech's career. Something Else is the album that's poised to launch Tech into a whole other level and you can be a part of history. There are 3 versions available for preorder - all versions include a limited edition Something Else t-shirt (XL only), a Strange Music sticker, a copy the Strange Music 2013 sampler and, for the first time ever 2 free download tracks - 1 unreleased track you can't get anywhere else and 1 full advance track from the album!!

The 3 versions of Something Else that you can preorder are:

•The standard CD version contains 17 amazing tracks

•The "All Access" deluxe CD version - comes with an autographed collectible laminate, a behind the scenes DVD and 3 additional tracks

•The deluxe vinyl version contains the 20 tracks found on the deluxe CD version on 2 LPs

You'll need to choose wisely - so pick which CD version you want and, for all you DJ's and vinyl collectors, cop the vinyl version as well! With genre-busting features like Serj Tankian, CeeLo Green, Wiz Khalifa, Big K.R.I.T, along with one that nobody would ever expect, as well as tracks like "Dwamn", "Fortune Force Field" and "So Dope", this is the album that will have you listening over and over again. Preorder Something Else today and you'll receive a limited edition Something Else t-shirt (XL only), a Strange Music sticker and 2 download tracks, along with your copy of Something Else.

Preorders of ONLY the "All Access" deluxe CD version will be personally autographed by Tech N9ne!

Don't miss your chance, click here or head on over to strangemusicinc.net and preorder your copy today!

tracks are party the pain away and fourtune force field

JOK3R187

Ferocious Mackadoshis
Jun 17, 2005
will cop both the vinyl and 'all access' deluxe cd version

and don't know if I'm out of the loop but great to finally see the Serj feature as well as the K.R.I.T. and Cee-Lo features coming through. and the 'one that nobody would expect' isn't anything to do with The Doors is it?

Aug 30, 2002
If a interview on YouTube I seen him saying he had a big feature from a giant Rick band but after he talked about it too soon they told him he couldn't use it. Obviously it had to be the doors song but who knows. It was talked about in the other thread. And anyone know if game made the big krit song? I thought he said he def got him but u would think he would have announced it since he's bigger or just as big as the mentioned guests spots. But then again B.O.B. is on two songs too and he wasn't brought up.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
The "cheap" version of the cover is for the standard edition. In other relatively interesting news, the Five Finger Death Punch album (which features Tech) has now been pushed back to July 30th.

Aug 27, 2007
They should switch the artwork for the standard version to the deluxe. Why should the cheap people be rewarded?
the deluxe version is the one w/the dope cover.the standard is just the text w/a black background.

im thinkin that "special feature" gotta be eminem or the doors...would love to see either, really hope its not metallica...or big scoob again.lol

anybody who needs the 2 bonus tracks...holla!

Sep 30, 2002
If I remember right the song with The Game has Cee Lo on it.........
If a interview on YouTube I seen him saying he had a big feature from a giant Rick band but after he talked about it too soon they told him he couldn't use it. Obviously it had to be the doors song but who knows. It was talked about in the other thread. And anyone know if game made the big krit song? I thought he said he def got him but u would think he would have announced it since he's bigger or just as big as the mentioned guests spots. But then again B.O.B. is on two songs too and he wasn't brought up.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
It's the one with Big K.R.I.T. and Cee-Lo.

You know, there's been several songs that we've know who was intended but he couldn't get for one reason or another. He also says that he doesn't have time to wait for these people to do their verses or hooks 6 months later. Here's an idea though that came to mind recently, though I'm sure Tech would never do, chosing instead to just keep releasing new music...

Seeing as Tech seems to continuously be growing in notability and has continued to create new industry contacts... he might have a better go at getting some of these people now. Especially if he said "Okay, you got six months... go."

With that in mind, start putting together a side project. Something that someone from the office could cordinate while Tech continues to focus "on the future" (read as: creating new music). They could try and track these people down and get them on the songs he originally intended them on. They could use that project to finally release the 'original' "Welcome to the Midwest" with Twista's verse (maybe throw that Kutty verse on there too). Go back and remix Killing You with Corey on there like originally intended. Hunt Ludacris down for a verse for Overtime. Maybe go after Jay-Z for that In The Air track. A verse or two from Eminem for the songs he's wanted them on. Etc.

Heck. If Tech were worried about releasing "old music" and "ripping off his fans," then once they lock in all of these verses, maybe Tech could go back and even record a new verse for each song if he didn't mind revisiting the old concepts.

Just seems like a good way for Tech to finally get some of the collaborations with people he's wanted over the years, without having to necessarily sit on his hands waiting for the verses to come in (since it wouldn't be for new music that he's got to put on hold to wait for these people).

I'm quite sure that this kind of project would sell well with the "die hard" fans. It would surely pick up some extras, what with all the "star power" on it. Even if Tech's verses are 4 years old.

Last edited:

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Guess Tech changed his mind:

MateuszGawiński ‏@KiriPoland 11h

T @techn9ne Game is on "That's my kid" song?

Tech N9ne ‏ T @techn9ne 10:35 PM - 5 Jun 13

@KiriPoland no! Another one!

Props: casperog
May 7, 2008
I agree kain.. I have no problem in buying old tracks remixed or added onto if done nicely.. there is also alot of tracks around he hasnt put on a CD yet when the fuck do they plan to finally give them a real CD

Sep 30, 2002
This is easily the best idea posted in this forum for the last 2 or 3 years
It's the one with Big K.R.I.T. and Cee-Lo.

You know, there's been several songs that we've know who was intended but he couldn't get for one reason or another. He also says that he doesn't have time to wait for these people to do their verses or hooks 6 months later. Here's an idea though that came to mind recently, though I'm sure Tech would never do, chosing instead to just keep releasing new music...

Seeing as Tech seems to continuously be growing in notability and has continued to create new industry contacts... he might have a better go at getting some of these people now. Especially if he said "Okay, you got six months... go."

With that in mind, start putting together a side project. Something that someone from the office could cordinate while Tech continues to focus "on the future" (read as: creating new music). They could try and track these people down and get them on the songs he originally intended them on. They could use that project to finally release the 'original' "Welcome to the Midwest" with Twista's verse (maybe throw that Kutty verse on there too). Go back and remix Killing You with Corey on there like originally intended. Hunt Ludacris down for a verse for Overtime. Maybe go after Jay-Z for that In The Air track. A verse or two from Eminem for the songs he's wanted them on. Etc.

Heck. If Tech were worried about releasing "old music" and "ripping off his fans," then once they lock in all of these verses, maybe Tech could go back and even record a new verse for each song if he didn't mind revisiting the old concepts.

Just seems like a good way for Tech to finally get some of the collaborations with people he's wanted over the years, without having to necessarily sit on his hands waiting for the verses to come in (since it wouldn't be for new music that he's got to put on hold to wait for these people).

I'm quite sure that this kind of project would sell well with the "die hard" fans. It would surely pick up some extras, what with all the "star power" on it. Even if Tech's verses are 4 years old.