Tech N9ne B96 Summer Heat in Minneapolis

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 17, 2006
Tech N9ne headlined the one day festival in the Warehouse district of Minneapolis, a promo show for the local urban radio station B96. The show boasted othr such acts as up and coming Chicago hip-hopper Lupe Fiasco, former Destiny's Child star Letoya, and St. Louis MTV vet; Chingy. Receiving a could crowd during his opening with the Beast, Tech N9ne quickly turned his non-usual crowd into pseudo-juggalos by the end of his set, ultimately having the best crowd of the night. With an atypical Tech crowd as his audience, and turning them into Technitions. If this MTV-gen response is any inkling of what is to come, the KC king could be the biggest rap star on the face of the planet come October, the expected release date of his forthcoming Everready The Religion LP.

Aug 5, 2002
yep. late name added to the bag, I didn't go to the concert but heard it was a pretty good performance. A friend of mine has pictures, I'll see if I can post some up..................................oputro

Nov 14, 2003
TheTruest said:
woah woah i live in minneapolis and listen to b96 and heard nothing about this
thats because they didnt find out until the friday before the show. the show was monday. they were heading out to denmark for the deal out there and friday travis got a call from someone at B96 saying that T. Pain canceled, and they wanted Tech to take his place. this was by far the best tech show i have been to. no juggalos going nuts in the crowd making me have to spend more time keeping my g/f from being crushed then enjoying the show, and the whole nobody knowing who the fuck tech was when he went on stage, and then being fans by the time I'm a Playa came up

Sep 12, 2005
Twiztidmn said:
thats because they didnt find out until the friday before the show. the show was monday. they were heading out to denmark for the deal out there and friday travis got a call from someone at B96 saying that T. Pain canceled, and they wanted Tech to take his place. this was by far the best tech show i have been to. no juggalos going nuts in the crowd making me have to spend more time keeping my g/f from being crushed then enjoying the show, and the whole nobody knowing who the fuck tech was when he went on stage, and then being fans by the time I'm a Playa came up
so they didnt like any of his songs until imma playa came up, if thats true than its sad cuz imo there are a lot better tech songs than that but it seems to be the most popular

Nov 14, 2003
naharfenater said:
so they didnt like any of his songs until imma playa came up, if thats true than its sad cuz imo there are a lot better tech songs than that but it seems to be the most popular
was more of a slowly getting into him thing but once im a playa started, pretty much everyone in the crowd was into it

Feb 17, 2006
the whole 4th of july weekend, Tech N9ne songs recieved a decently weighted rotation on the station, with songs like Jellysickle, Imma Tell, Slacker, I'm a Playa and a couple of others. In my opinion, I think Imma Tell recieved the best response from the crowd, but Einstein and Jellysickle being played very early on got a lot of people into it. Sort of off track, Kutty Cal wasn't there does anyone know where he was?