tech article (good read)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 10, 2006
Tech N9ne, Critical Bill, Pot Luck
On Tuesday and Wednesday, May 23 and 24, the CCPA and KDUK proudly welcome Tech N9ne back to the WOW Hall with special guests Critical Bill and Pot Luck.

During the past three years, Kansas City rap king Tech N9ne has sold more than half a million albums independently, performed in front hundreds of thousands people and established himself as one of underground rap’s most respected artists. With the release of his third national album, the monumental Everready (The Religion), Tech N9ne is poised to graduate from one of rap’s best-kept secrets to a major international superstar.

After experiencing several setbacks while promoting his critically acclaimed Angelic and Absolute Power albums, Tech N9ne felt that Everready (The Religion) was an affirmation of his staying power. "I wanted to name it Everready because if you look at the old Eveready batteries, their logo included nine lives," Tech explains. "That album title symbolizes nine lives, another life after death. I’ve had a lot of deaths in the music industry and there’s still life after all that. The Religion, the reason I subtitled it that is because I want this album to be something that’s being studied or praised. It’s like calling it a doctrine."

Such a mandate is a natural conclusion after listening to Everready (The Religion). The album teams with blockbuster songs and stellar production. "Jellysickle," for instance, features Bay Area rap legend E-40 and a thumping, addictive club-ready beat from super producer Rick Rock (Jay-Z, Fabolous).

As Tech N9ne has emerged from rap’s underground, there has been a segment of fans who feel that he’s abandoned his hardcore background. Tech addresses the situation on "Come Gangsta”.

"After all these years of people telling me that my music was for white people, that I needed to come with gangster stuff," says Tech, "I was inspired to write about the type of people that were telling me to come gangster. When it comes to it, my one gangster song can demolish their whole CD."

"The Rain" is Tech N9ne giving his fans an intimate look into his life and career, a look made all the more personal because the song features his two daughters rapping about how much they miss their father.

Tech N9ne conceptualized the riveting "My Wife, My Bitch, My Girl" during a low point in his marriage. "At the time I wrote that song, me and my wife were doing really bad," he reveals. "I wrote that song in my bitter stage, ‘(My wife) don’t like me/(My bitch) gets hyphy/(My girl) might knife me twice just to spite me.’ I didn’t care anymore. I just wanted to release it."

An explosive recording artist, Tech N9ne has long earned praise from his fans because of his ability to deliver mind-blowing raps about his struggle to navigate through life’s pitfalls. His willingness to shed his ego and allow his followers to look at the high and low points of his experience has earned Tech N9ne a rabid, dedicated following.

"A lot of people when they come up to me, they say, ‘The reason why I like you Tech is that you say what you feel and you’re not afraid to say anything,’" Tech says. "That’s so tight because so many use discretion. I think I’ve inspired people to say what they feel because I’ve opened my life up for people to see."

With such powerful music, it should come as no surprise that Tech N9ne’s reach continues expanding. Several of his songs are featured in the forthcoming Alpha Dog film, which stars Bruce Willis, Justin Timberlake and Sharon Stone. His music also appears on the latest edition of the fan favorite Madden NFL video game series, as well as the action video game 25 to Life. He also appears as a playable character on the latter.

JOK3R187

Ferocious Mackadoshis
Jun 17, 2005
solid read...Techs slowly getting that exposure hes deserved for so many damn years, aint nothing better than hearing that shit...props