tattoo design: staple remover...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 1, 2006
What's up siccness artists, wanted to bounce an idea off of you. I'm trying to get a sm'edium (maybe 4"x3") tattoo on my upper left arm of a staple remover, and I want it to look kinda badass, or at least as badass as a tattoo of a staple remover can look. I know there is a lot of talent on these boards, and wanted to throw out the idea to see if anyone wanted to design a tattoo for me.

I know you don't work for free, so I'll paypal you if anyone comes up with something I want to get inked, you have my word. I'll take your word for how long you worked on it too, but I'm thinking about something pretty simple, I'd maybe pay $40-$50 it, or less, depending on the time you put into it, so run some ideas/concepts/sketches off me, or at least show me your online portfolio or whatever. I'm not gonna rip anybody off, but I'm also gonna want to like it, etc.

It's gonna be just black ink, plus maybe a touch of color like my other tats (I've got 5-6 depends on how you count em'), and I'm gettin it here in louisiana so its probably not gonna be high-art like some of the folks doing ink on the west coast, but I'm also not going to a hack either, I want it to look nice. Obviously once I have it done, I'll email you a nice high-quality photo.

This might be the strangest siccness offer in history, but if y'all have any ideas or anyone wants to take this on, PM me, or get at me in this thread, I'm tryin to get it done while my friends are in town in the next 5 weeks. Never solicited a tattoo design on a message board before, but I figure what the hell, and there are some people with crazy skills on here.... Peace!

I think this one is pretty sick:

Feb 1, 2006
yeah, but most places will want to have a basic design already, I'm not tring to walk in to the shop and be like, "yo dawg, draw me a staple remover and tattoo it on me" they would think I was on one. Or maybe it would work, probably depends on the artist, and how busy they were.

Jun 23, 2003
I'm not tring to walk in to the shop and be like, "yo dawg, draw me a staple remover and tattoo it on me" they would think I was on one.
WTF? ..... have you ever gone to a tattoo shop? You said you have a few, I would think you know that it is part of the process to tell them what you are looking for and letting them draw something and seeing if you life it.

I have learned when you take a picture to a tattoo shop, and say "I want this tattood on me" and show them a picture, the artist will still want to change it up a bit. So you might as well have them draw it in the first place.

But hit up inchez. He is reliable. And will likely be famous one day.

Feb 1, 2006
I have learned when you take a picture to a tattoo shop, and say "I want this tattood on me" and show them a picture, the artist will still want to change it up a bit. So you might as well have them draw it in the first place.
yeah, you are right if you show them a picture or sketch, (which is what I'm trying to get) they are going to change it to fit their technique, or suggest changes that they think will look better.

I've never tried that taking a -photo- of an object to a tattoo shop, and having them draw something. I've always had a sketch of the design already. But I won't lie, you have a point, I should probably do that.