SUICIDAL TENDENCIES THE GROUP

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 27, 2002
Anyone remember these vatos,I was going thru old vhs tapes an i found sum their videos old skoo shit they was doin the hard core metal/gangster cholo thing way b4 anyone else really,but when i searched for info on them they across seas now,its fucked up no one shows luv to groups like this,its like the boo yaa tribe they og's in the game an was doin things way b4 anyone else an they get no luv really.

Jun 17, 2005
GHETTO_MARINE said:
Anyone remember these vatos,I was going thru old vhs tapes an i found sum their videos old skoo shit they was doin the hard core metal/gangster cholo thing way b4 anyone else really,but when i searched for info on them they across seas now,its fucked up no one shows luv to groups like this,its like the boo yaa tribe they og's in the game an was doin things way b4 anyone else an they get no luv really.
Fuck yeah! I cut my teeth on bands like that (along w/ Agnostic Front, DRI, MDC, Dead Kennedys, Negative Approach). I still listen to hardcore (my main music of choice - not that fake "nu-metal" shit stupid mall kids think is hardcore). Their first album was the shit. They did alot to bridge the gap between hardcore punk and speed metal and incorporate elements of rap (on their second album "Join the Army"). Their first self-titled album is one of the 'staples' of hardcore punk as far as I'm concerned - a must have for anyone claiming to be into hardcore. I was actually surprised to see a thread about those guys in here!

Jun 17, 2005
WHAT DO YOU MEAN "WE" DECIDED?!

WHEN I WENT TO YOUR SCHOOLS! YOUR CHURCHES! YOUR INSTITUTIONAL LEARNING FACIILITIES? SO HOW CAN YOU SAY I'M CRAZY!

. . . or something like that

Apr 26, 2002
Kansas
I've been a Suicidal fan for a long time. If your feelin them you should check out Infectious Grooves. Mostly same dudez but a lot more funky.......awesome bass lines. I still consider Robert Trujillo to be one of the best...

Dec 26, 2004
Fuck ya S.T. Dont get down on me S.T. I will always be S.T.!!

Another kick ass band. I got Nto them year after high school....lucky too. If I heard them during high school, I probably wouldnt be here now. 'Nobody Hears' N ' How Will I Laugh Tomorrow' is my favorite songs. Nobody Hears was saying everything I was thinkin N always repeat that song. Fuck I didnt know they went over seas, no way man!!!!! thanks for the update.

(something....) Why dont you talk about it youll feel alot better. No Im jus thinkin, leave me alone N Ill figure it myslef. But youll feel alot better once you talk about it. But I keep tellin em Leave me alone but they keep on buggin me N IT BUILDS UP INSIDE..IT BUILDS UP INSIDE!!!!!

Jun 17, 2005
rudog said:
Are they "surenos"? I don't care for their music.
Nah, they ain't bangers at all (just dressed like it). They (originally) were punk rockers and skaters. There was a racially mixed clique called the Suicidals (followers of the ST and other bands in that clique) who were labeled a gang due to their beefing with other punk rock/hardcore cliques and nazi skins.

Jun 17, 2005
MISTER_DROOPY said:
I thought the original members besides the lead singer was real cholos from LA?
An I dont know why this thread was moved from the southern cali forum this group is from Southern cali.
It's possible. They've had quite a few line-up changes. I know the guitarist (Mike Clark?) on the first album was white. The subsequent albums had Rocky George (black) playing guitar. The bassist on the second and third album was Native American. Who knows. I thought they were all 'bangers when I first got into them.

Although the following page is about the LA Death Squad (a punk/hardcore music clique like the Suis), some of the threads have info about Suicidals.

LA Death Squad homepage

Dec 26, 2004
Does Nybody know bout that comp. CD on Suicide Records put out?? I only saw it once N it had couple tracks of ST N some other bands on it too. The cover had the SR logo wit the 2 skulls on it. Not too sure but I think it said 'Suicidal Tandenies and Friends' on it too.

Jun 17, 2005
aridan3at said:
Does Nybody know bout that comp. CD on Suicide Records put out?? I only saw it once N it had couple tracks of ST N some other bands on it too. The cover had the SR logo wit the 2 skulls on it. Not too sure but I think it said 'Suicidal Tandenies and Friends' on it too.
Could you be talking about "Welcome to Venice"? That's the only Suicdal comp I can think of now. It sells for outrageous prices on ebay.