Subwoofers?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Legit question, but what subs you OG's rollin around with nowadays? What do you recommend for a young nigga like myself? Im tryna get as many dirty looks from Walnut Creek moms as I can because Im so gangster with my recent fade haircut. Thanks.
What kind of car u have?

May 2, 2018
SUV's are the best for subs. No enclosed trunk blocking off all the sound and keeping it in the trunk. No nasty rattles like a sedan. If you get 1 good quality 12" and a good monoblock amp you'll be set. Polk MM 12 with a 1000w RMS monoblock amp or better and you'll be knockin. Also the good ol kicker L7 packs a mean punch. Two of either of those with like a 1800w and up RMS monoblock amp you'll be rattling peoples teeth. Also get thick wiring kit for it. 0 gauge.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
SUV's are the best for subs. No enclosed trunk blocking off all the sound and keeping it in the trunk. No nasty rattles like a sedan. If you get 1 good quality 12" and a good monoblock amp you'll be set. Polk MM 12 with a 1000w RMS monoblock amp or better and you'll be knockin. Also the good ol kicker L7 packs a mean punch. Two of either of those with like a 1800w and up RMS monoblock amp you'll be rattling peoples teeth. Also get thick wiring kit for it. 0 gauge.
Yup exactly. I just got a 12 mustang convertible and I've been looking at what to do with it without spending too much. Those solobarics slap tho

May 2, 2018
Back in the OG days, Cerwin Vegas, JBL’s and Rockford Fosgate was the shiznit. Not sure if today they are the same quality, there might be better ones out there.
These day's jbl and Rockford are entry level budget ones. There are also super high end subs but they cost a grip. You'd be looking at 3 bands for 2 12s with a box if not more. How times have changed

28g w/o the bag

politically incorrect
Jan 18, 2003
metro's jurisdiction
siccness.net
I used to hear so much about Zapco in Bay Area raps. How is the sound quality?

I’ve always used Kenwood and I’ve enjoyed the sound quality and bass
I got the z-series, and i can say they sound clean as fuck... thing is, i dont really have anything to compare it to though... i sort of took a chance on it but can say im satisfied so far

I also have a restored zapco board (peq model) that i wanted to have installed in the drop stang, but supposedly it needs a 2 channel amp which i dont really understand why..

::

Props: Chree
Feb 10, 2009
South Sacramento
These day's jbl and Rockford are entry level budget ones. There are also super high end subs but they cost a grip. You'd be looking at 3 bands for 2 12s with a box if not more. How times have changed
Yup, I heard the same that JBL and Fosgate are not the same quality as the old days, same thing with a lot of other products that are not made by the same manufacturer from the past.....I had some Bose home speakers way back in the day that slapped hard for just being book shelf speakers, but I heard that Bose are also not the same as they once were.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
08 Lincoln Navigator. Speakers are trash bro
Crutchfield.com

Put ur car in and see what's available for it. It's a great site with lots of resources.

I got a base mustang so the stereo sucks all around lol. I'm replacing stock speakers then gonna get a deck and sub. I'm personally thinking a L7 because they are good budget speakers.

Props: BIG CHUNK

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Breh i got the 6 channel zapco where the spare tire in the trunk used to be

My shit isnt the shaker stock system and it's just the base so it doesnt even have the 8" door subs. I've been looking into finding a GT parting out to buy the panels to swap and add the subs manually to the aftermarket system I get just for added slap

dalycity650

Barlito's Way
Feb 8, 2006
I got the z-series, and i can say they sound clean as fuck... thing is, i dont really have anything to compare it to though... i sort of took a chance on it but can say im satisfied so far

I also have a restored zapco board (peq model) that i wanted to have installed in the drop stang, but supposedly it needs a 2 channel amp which i dont really understand why..

I may fuck around and give that Z series a shot, I’ve been looking to upgrade my stock sound on my honda.