Studio desks...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
Any web sites where I can look at desks made for a little home recording studio. Not a mixing desk, but something to put my computer, monitors, mixer, turntable, and MAYBE my keyboard (though it doesn't have to fit since I do have a stand for it, I can keep it off to the side). Any site, or if anyone has any custom built desks with pictures can I seem em?

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
www.streetlevelrecords.com
I would suggest this.....because this is what I did. Almost all of my studio furniture (desks, rackmounts, shelves) was custom built. I took measurments for my equipment, desired size and available space.....and had a buddy of mine who worked at a furniture place build it all for me. So it works perfect for me......plus it looks real nice......it's all black laminate. Not to mention the fact that I got a killer deal on it all.

I have 10 space rackmount boxes/speaker stands that we built that fit on my desk......all I did was go to Home Depot......bought some black laminate shelves.....went to Guitar Center and bought the 10 space rack pieces......did some measuring......and poof! Rack boxes.......for a 1/3 of the normal price.

I would call around and see if you can find a place that will do some custom work......because you'll get raped buying shit any other way usually. That way.....you get what you want and need.

Kaze

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
i'ma have 2 look in 2 this.... Good shit d. i got a couple of questions tho. How much extra am i gonna have 2 pay since i dont have homie hookups there? And was it hard getting the laminant 2 stay? Some kinda like bubbles when u glue it.