Students bring gun to MHS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 11, 2006
http://www.panews.com/local/local_story_130190317.html

Two Memorial High School students are in the custody of juvenile authorities after bringing a handgun to school Thursday.

Port Arthur Police Maj. Raymond Clark said that around 9 a.m. an officer working at the high school received a report of a gun being passed between two students. The officer received enough information to identify one of the students.

“The student was searched and the officer found a .22 caliber pistol in his back pocket and a magazine in the other back pocket,” Clark said.

From that student, the officer was able to locate the second student, Clark said. Both students were detained and later transferred to the Jefferson County Juvenile authorities.

A third student who was aware of the gun transfer but did not participate was taken out of school.

The motive for bringing the gun to the school is not yet known, Clark said.

The incident is under investigation by the PAPD.

All calls to Port Arthur ISD regarding the gun issue were deferred to the police department, according to Assistant to the Superintendent, Mark Porterie.

PAPD is also investigating a fight which broke out before school on April 27 at MHS Ninth Grade Center. During the fight, three students were sent to a local hospital for treatment and nine others were injured.

PAISD temporarily reassigned Principal Bannister Baptiste to the administration building while a district committee reviewed his actions regarding the fight. He was placed back in his position at the school after a quick review.

The incident brought several rounds of protests by parents regarding the leadership of Baptiste. One local father has filed three complaints against Baptiste and one against PAISD Superintendent Johnny Brown.

While some parents and students claim the issue is race related others claim it is gang related. Both the district and police chief said the issue is not race related.

they didnt tell us anything at school...... :-/

Jun 15, 2005
Couple of weeks ago some kids writes on a bathroom wall that he's coming to school with a gun on Friday. The "news" spreads quickly into a full-blown schoolwide rumor and the next days attendance was hella low.

After that admin set up cameras outside the bathrooms to monitor who went in and out. Needless to say, they caught dude rather quickly and he admitted it.

Not only that, but the principal sticks this kid on the all school pa system. He stated his name, admitted it was him, and apologized. Then he said in a shaky voice, "I gotta go now, I'm being arrested"

You could even hear dudes mom crying in the background. It was pure comedy. I couldn't help but laugh until I was weak, my students were gettign just as much a kick outta me rolling as the message itself.

You could practically hear the tears rolling down his cheeks.

Oct 21, 2006
enserio said:
Couple of weeks ago some kids writes on a bathroom wall that he's coming to school with a gun on Friday. The "news" spreads quickly into a full-blown schoolwide rumor and the next days attendance was hella low.

After that admin set up cameras outside the bathrooms to monitor who went in and out. Needless to say, they caught dude rather quickly and he admitted it.

Not only that, but the principal sticks this kid on the all school pa system. He stated his name, admitted it was him, and apologized. Then he said in a shaky voice, "I gotta go now, I'm being arrested"

You could even hear dudes mom crying in the background. It was pure comedy. I couldn't help but laugh until I was weak, my students were gettign just as much a kick outta me rolling as the message itself.

You could practically hear the tears rolling down his cheeks.
How can he get arrested for just writing that on the wall? Or did he actually bring it? If so how did he get caught going to the bathroom with the gun? haha

Feb 5, 2006
Tha Sinner said:
http://www.panews.com/local/local_story_130190317.html

Two Memorial High School students are in the custody of juvenile authorities after bringing a handgun to school Thursday.

Port Arthur Police Maj. Raymond Clark said that around 9 a.m. an officer working at the high school received a report of a gun being passed between two students. The officer received enough information to identify one of the students.

“The student was searched and the officer found a .22 caliber pistol in his back pocket and a magazine in the other back pocket,” Clark said.

From that student, the officer was able to locate the second student, Clark said. Both students were detained and later transferred to the Jefferson County Juvenile authorities.

A third student who was aware of the gun transfer but did not participate was taken out of school.

The motive for bringing the gun to the school is not yet known, Clark said.

The incident is under investigation by the PAPD.

All calls to Port Arthur ISD regarding the gun issue were deferred to the police department, according to Assistant to the Superintendent, Mark Porterie.

PAPD is also investigating a fight which broke out before school on April 27 at MHS Ninth Grade Center. During the fight, three students were sent to a local hospital for treatment and nine others were injured.

PAISD temporarily reassigned Principal Bannister Baptiste to the administration building while a district committee reviewed his actions regarding the fight. He was placed back in his position at the school after a quick review.

The incident brought several rounds of protests by parents regarding the leadership of Baptiste. One local father has filed three complaints against Baptiste and one against PAISD Superintendent Johnny Brown.

While some parents and students claim the issue is race related others claim it is gang related. Both the district and police chief said the issue is not race related.

they didnt tell us anything at school...... :-/

SO WHAT? LOL AT MY HIGH SCHOOL, ABOUT 50% OF THE STUDENTS CARRIED A YISTOL

Mar 21, 2007
www.com
one time we were in the 8th grade, and some lil tongan dude brouht a technine to shoot at us, the dumbass showed his friend and it quickly spread,

he got caught and we all laughed at his ass for being stupid

lil knuckle heads