Stroke of insight..

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 24, 2004
"Neuroanatomist Jill Bolte Taylor had an opportunity few brain scientists would wish for: One morning, she realized she was having a massive stroke. As it happened -- as she felt her brain functions slip away one by one, speech, movement, understanding -- she studied and remembered every moment. This is a powerful story about how our brains define us and connect us to the world and to one another"

i seen this on some forum but i dont remember what one, i searched the sicc and didnt see it so thought id share...very interesting video about how the brain works..

May 24, 2007
Damn that sounds like what happen to me on salvia. It was feeling of being here in the now, and being in another demension at the same time. Like my mind was all expansive at the same time that it was conscious of the fact. Definitely looking forward to smoking some more of it and expiramenting with perception and consciousness.

Feb 17, 2005
salvia is fucking crazy! i just had the weirdest salvia trip the other day...probably didnt help that i was like 6 beers deep. salvia is the strongest shit ive ever tried. its like the peak of acid and shrooms combined but X100 and it hits you in 5 seconds.

but what she was describing seemed more acid like to me, with seeing energy and shit.

Apr 1, 2008
Man. That shit almost killed my high. I need X-Raided back.
Ill check it out sober. It was interesting, I just had to concentrate too much.
This one time I was in Big Sur, which is a very heavily forested area. I was sitting in a lawn chair in the middle of a forest with a few homies. I took a bong hit of some salvia, like, 20X I think. In about 5 seconds, my vision closed in, black came in from the sides to the center, and completely covered my vision. It started opening from the center, and reversing itself. I dont know how long that took, it felt like only an instant that it was completely black for. As it opens, I am in a massive city. I am seeing tons of traffic going by on a road in front of me, skyscrapers, people walking everywhere. And the noise was there too, tons of honking, engines, talking, yelling, footsteps, all the big city noises. It even smelled like random foods and smog.
I have no idea how long that lasted for, I wasnt really in my body, I was just a floating pair of eyes, looking at the city, I couldnt move, just look in different directions.
It again faded to black some unknown time later, and when it unfaded I was back in the forest, and this completely new person that wasnt there before I took the hit was there and in the middle of a conversation.

May 24, 2007
^^^
thats crazy. i remember when i took my first hit of salvia, i was with a couple of my friends, and i thought that they gave me some poison or somthing. i completely forgot where and who i was and just starting laughing my ass of. everthing got hella blurry and then i started feeling heavy as hell. it felt like i was on an accordion, everything kept stretching and then shrinking. The trippy part though, is after the high, theres a lingering feeling of space around me being hollow, as if whatever i say would echo.