Strange Music

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BEAR

Sicc OG
Dec 15, 2007
I posted this in the Strange Music board but didn't get much of a response. What is some weird music that you listen to or know of?

Arcade Fire - My Body is a Cage - Not sure how to describe them.

That Handsome Devil - Viva Discordia - Sort of Jazzy/Swing Alternative Rock

Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra - Si Se Puede - Lots of Percussion

Blue Sky Black Death - A Private Death - Rap style Instrumental

Joe Satriani - I Believe - Bad ass Guitar player

Liquid Tension Experiment - Universal Mind - Instrumental Progressive Rock

Rodrigo y Gabriela - Stairway to Heaven - Sort of Flamenco/Spanish Guitar

Serj Tankian - Beethoven's Cunt - Not sure how to describe either

Sepultura - Ratamahatta - Tribal Drum Intro

The String Quartet Tribute To Marilyn Manson - The Speed Of Pain - Vitaman String Quartet

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
lol at all the things you and others are considering "strange"

Joe Satriani
Arcade Fire
Apocalyptica
Sepultura

give me a break, fuckers on the siccness need to go outside more often.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah

Joe Satriani
Arcade Fire
Apocalyptica
Sepultura

Teach me about music then....
I wouldn't let him give you too much shit. His idea of the perfect woman is cel-shaded and has neon hair.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall

Joe Satriani
Arcade Fire
Apocalyptica
Sepultura

Well he is trying to branch out so give him that aleast. Why don't you give him some recommendations then?

I wouldn't let him give you too much shit. His idea of the perfect woman is cel-shaded and has neon hair.
Save your guys going back and forth for the open forum or wherever it started at. Either stay on topic and bring something to the thread or don't bother replying to it.

Thanks.

I'll post up some videos in a few Bear.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I'm just going to drop videos, fuck descriptions. Quite a few of the artists sound might vary from song to song so check out a few songs of theirs before deciding whether you like them or not.

Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti

Battles

Animal Collective (earlier stuff)

Black Moth Super Rainbow

Tobacco (from Black Moth Super Rainbow)

Mr. Bungle

Liars

Hella

Icy Demons

...I don't know. There are a lot of noise, avant garde, etc musicians I listen to that you can't find their stuff on youtube. Plus I'm pretty fucked up so when I'm sober I'm sure I can think of more.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
I'm just giving him shit. You of all people on siccness should know what sarcasm looks like.

The weirdest I get with music is Mike Patton's pet projects.

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
that's not true at all. i like my women white with neon hair.

at least it's better than having an obsession with a character from batman. you really should leave this forum, you don't belong here LDS

anyway bear, the truth is it's hard for me to consider anything strange because i've listened to such a variety of music. everything from folk to pig squeals and bree to post rock like the coma lilies.

if i had to suggest some "strange" bands though it would probably be: (and at the risk you may like some of these)

Melt-Banana

Daughters

Circle Takes The Square (one of my personal all time favorite bands)

AFI

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I'm just giving him shit. You of all people on siccness should know what sarcasm looks like.

The weirdest I get with music is Mike Patton's pet projects.
No, I do. But I've noticed you two going back and forth lately in general. I just try to keep this forum flowing without the stupid stuff that goes on in all the other forums. It was nothing personal against you at all.

Yeah, but anything Patton is part of is great.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
I'm really getting into Dillinger Escape Plan. I know Patton worked with them a little, but aside from that they're in a whole new genre of music. I'd like to get a hold of that 50's Italian pop music he's been doing with that hot ass female. I can't remember the name of the band, though.

The Peeping Tom and Mr. Bungle albums are kinda weird in a sense that they use random noises to generate rhythm.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
I'd like to get a hold of that 50's Italian pop music he's been doing with that hot ass female. I can't remember the name of the band, though.
Mondo Cane, there's just live videos of it right now. I think he's gonna put an album out this year.

I'm not too sure what I listen to that would be considered weird or strange, guess it depends on who's listening to it. Here's some of the more original stuff though

Man Man

Foxy Shazam

HORSE The Band

The Knife

Gogol Bordello

The Tony Danza Tap Dance Extravaganza

BEAR

Sicc OG
Dec 15, 2007
Thanks guys. I'm working through all of them pretty slowly to make sure I get a feel for all of them. So far, I'm really liking Battles and Black Moth Super Rainbow.