Strange Music Tells Street Teamers To Stop

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 29, 2009
Saginaw - NO PROMO: UNITED STATES - MI - Strange Music Street Team‏
Britton said:
To all members of UNITED STATES - MI - Strange Music Street Team on Strange Music Street Team!

NO PROMO IN SAGINAW!!! Until further notice, there is to be no promo in Saginaw, MI. Prozak had a visit from the authorities and they are leaning directly on him for all Strange promo there. PLEASE STOP! PLEASE PASS IT ON!!!
Thanks all!
-B

Visit UNITED STATES - MI - Strange Music Street Team at:
http://strangemusicstreetteam.ning.com/groups/group/show?id=5189627%3AGroup%3A339&xg_source=msg_mes_group
That's weird. Why would they approach an artist instead of marketing directly?

Nov 14, 2002
"Listen sir, we've had a LOT of reports of unauthorized paper in the area."

What kind of fagot towns do you guys live in? I could not IMAGINE the NY police dept calling up a musician because someone posted up his promo in "unauthorized areas".

With all of Tech's success, it sounds like he's still playing shows in the fucking boonies.

May 7, 2008
hahah they cant get him on ANYTHINGGGG

if i was prozak id tell them to get fucked and try because all itll do is give him huge promo because he will beat the case and be on the news..

bunch of faggots in that town..

Jun 13, 2005
some places it's consider unlawful solicitation, also if your putting the posters up on city property most towns and small cities have ordinances against advertising without consent, in which case you basically have to obtain a license to advertise within a certain vicinity of the town. Basically it prevents businesses from posting their fliers and advertisements wherever they feel like, creating not only vandalism, but also littering.

Jun 13, 2005
for whatever reason MI in general is against advertising like that, when my dad opened up a Great Clips in Kalamazoo they had him take down a balloon that advertised the grand opening and take down signs by the entrance that advertised 5.99 haircut specials, because of advertising on city property, even though it was right in front of the store.

Feb 12, 2006
Well it shouldn't really matter, those are the areas where the shows usually sell out right? I would guess the promo isn't needed as much as it is needed in other areas where the artists are lesser known. But it is still bullshit that they giving him a hard time over it. Fuck the Police.