Strange Music & Tech N9ne Sign Former No Limit Records Star Young Bleed

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

TX9

Sep 19, 2010

The gold-certified onetime No Limit soldier gets down with the Missouri imprint after a two-album stint with C-Bo's West Coast Mafia Records.

Baton Rogue, Louisiana emcee Young Bleed has a new label home. The longtime No Limit Records artist, who struck a gold album in his 1997 debut, My Balls, My World has reportedly signed to Tech N9ne's Strange Music imprint. KevinNottingham.com announced the signing, which had been in development since May.

Bleed's last album, 2007's Once Upon A Time In Amedica and 2005's Rise Thru Da Ranks From Earner Tugh Capo were released through C-Bo's West Coast Mafia imprint.

Strange Music has previously signed another 1990s star in Brotha Lynch Hung, who has since released two charting albums with the Missouri independent label. This month, Strange released Tech N9ne's All 6's & 7's and plans Jay Rock's debut, Follow Me Home for next month.

SOURCE: http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.15691/title.strange-music-tech-n9ne-sign-former-no-limit-records-star-young-bleed

May 7, 2008
lol whats up with this dudes face haha .. this aint no yay from me until he drops somethin current thats good.. whats this " tried to get " i thought they didnt even try lol hopsin is in no situation to be turning down a label like strange..

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
lol whats up with this dudes face haha .. this aint no yay from me until he drops somethin current thats good.. whats this " tried to get " i thought they didnt even try lol hopsin is in no situation to be turning down a label like strange..

He makes enough money on his own, and has freedom to dictate when and where he tours, and how he releases his albums. I'm sure anyone in that position would turn down Strange. It doesn't mean they won't work together.

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
what ever happened to no limit anyway? signed too many people, got stretched too thin, or they just started pumping out bullshit music. I cannot remember but when they fell off it was hella fast.

Very true. At one time No Limit was the top label everyone was gunning for it seemed. Then all of the sudden, poof, they were gone. I think they just kind of saturated the market, and spread themselves too thin, like you said.

Jul 6, 2002
www.soundclick.com
Master P made 300 million then said he was gonna retire to develope all his artists, it was a lie he bankrupted the company & started a new no limit that only contained his family members. From what I understand most artists that made all those compilations go gold & platinum never even recieved a plaque plus Cellski & others said P was like the gate keeper for priority at that time n he was offerin slave deals to buy out albums so he could make millions off your album he might have paid you 30 g's for. Mr Cee of RBL Posse didin't like P so much that he took the song "Ruthless By Law" off of the Ruthless By Law Album!! That speaks volumes.

Aug 20, 2006
FLA
i remember reading somewhere that P was giving almost everybody on the label slave deals, then the shit would go platinum and they would still be broke. but its their fault for signing it.

Aug 31, 2005
what really sucked was for the former big boy/parkway pumpin records artist after he raided their roster and then didnt promote them, thats where the real talent of NL came from, Fiend, Mac, Mystikal, Soulja Slim, KLC and the rest of Beats by the Pound. P basically bought himself 2 labels and rebranded them as No Limit and threw his wack ass no flow having brother silk and the decent c murder at the front of the label. Other artist from those 2 labels are mia x, tre 8, mr serv on, full blooded.

mac was the best thing to happen to NL, and nobody remembers dude, shame he got caught up. Have always like young bleeds flow, but its the polar opposite of Tech, could be an interesting contradiction on a beat

Jan 6, 2006
this is dope to have tech sign bleed. "my balls..." CLASSIC!!! check out his last album "once upon a time in amedica" that dropped in 07. hella slept on and solid album. features C-BO, Trae, Rich Boy, 8Ball, Juvenile, David Banner.

HOW YA DO DAT THERE!!!!