Stop Trying To Put All Of Your Eggs In One Basket

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 28, 2003
I have noticed that the Bay (atleast this board) has a tendency to label something the NEXT BIG THING TO SAY THE BAY...and when it doesn't happen the "I told you that shit wouldn't work" people come out to type. You did it with Hyphy. You did it with 40's album. Big Rich getting Jam of The Week. Ya Boy eatting pizza with Britany and K-Fed. Mr. Fab getting his video banned and now I see it happening with Clyde Carson. More than likely he (alone) will not be the savior of the Bay or the missing link to the Bay gaining mainstream appeal. The BAY supporting BAY ARTIST will get the Bay mainstream success...and that means going to the record store, Itunes or what ever and putting ya money where your mouth is in regaurds to the Bay getting that "good look".

May 5, 2005
There is no such thing as "Next Big Thing" anymore. Its just the "Next Big Gimmick". Papoose was/is supposed to save New York. Nothing. All they Bay hype with Hyphy, Gone. What next?

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
RealRich said:
I have noticed that the Bay (atleast this board) has a tendency to label something the NEXT BIG THING TO SAY THE BAY...and when it doesn't happen the "I told you that shit wouldn't work" people come out to type. You did it with Hyphy. You did it with 40's album. Big Rich getting Jam of The Week. Ya Boy eatting pizza with Britany and K-Fed. Mr. Fab getting his video banned and now I see it happening with Clyde Carson. More than likely he (alone) will not be the savior of the Bay or the missing link to the Bay gaining mainstream appeal. The BAY supporting BAY ARTIST will get the Bay mainstream success...and that means going to the record store, Itunes or what ever and putting ya money where your mouth is in regaurds to the Bay getting that "good look".
Real spit. Rappers don't get love on a major scale anymore unless they get love and numbers in their own backyards first.

If you cats aren't buyin' the shit, the Bay will stay where it's at.

Jun 10, 2002
another thing ya'll need to stop doing is saying everything that comes out is tight because alot of this shit sucks but people are going out and spending money on it because of folks saying how good it is. Just like that thuglords Trilogy I got it because some of ya'll said it was good and it was some bullshit just cuz your favorite rapper puts a cd out doesnt make that shit tight.

Reeks

Sicc OG
Oct 13, 2003
www.myspace.com
RealRich said:
I can definitely under-dig what you're saying, people need to quit being weathermen and predicting the forecast. But at the same time, some of these artists deserve the buzz, and need all the support & attention they can get.

occasionally I'll listen to an artist that is talked about, just to see what all the fuss is about.

I figure if they got your ass listening to their cd, thats a form of success right there.

May 5, 2005
SOUTH SIDE RICH said:
Traxamillion bout to blow the bay up cuz. His slaps is fire, he just gotta pick a rapper to sponser.
No he's not. Rick Roc didnt blow the bay up and he's way more talented and more known than traxamillion.

Jan 1, 2006
I think people build up the hype hoping that it will get the attention it deserves... but when it reaches a wide scale audience the excitement is no longer desired but despised when someone OUTSIDE of the Bay is doing what we did maybe a few years back

Feb 12, 2006
It's sad that people don't realize, we had brilliant music, great music during the 90's, and nothing is ever going to compare to that era of music. I'm never gonna walk into a cd store and buy Dubee's self-titled or E-40's Federal, no Young Black Brotha. I can't name a cd that I consider a classic from the last 5 years. Our best music is behind us, unfortunately, which is why I find myself searching for music from the past constantly as opposed to looking for those new dumb hyphy slaps, it is unfortunate, but true.

Apr 26, 2006
707Dizz707 said:
It's sad that people don't realize, we had brilliant music, great music during the 90's, and nothing is ever going to compare to that era of music. I'm never gonna walk into a cd store and buy Dubee's self-titled or E-40's Federal, no Young Black Brotha. I can't name a cd that I consider a classic from the last 5 years. Our best music is behind us, unfortunately, which is why I find myself searching for music from the past constantly as opposed to looking for those new dumb hyphy slaps, it is unfortunate, but true.
i dunno...dre was putting straight heat out before he passed. some of the shit thats come out in the last 5 years definitely is classic. maybe not on the level of Illegal Business, Life Is... or other super classic stuff but lots of good shit. but anyway rap is in a fucking rut. its old news mane....will never be as fresh as it was in the early-mid 80s thru the mid 90s because its just not new anymore.

Jan 18, 2007
malaki said:
i dunno...dre was putting straight heat out before he passed. some of the shit thats come out in the last 5 years definitely is classic. maybe not on the level of Illegal Business, Life Is... or other super classic stuff but lots of good shit. but anyway rap is in a fucking rut. its old news mane....will never be as fresh as it was in the early-mid 80s thru the mid 90s because its just not new anymore.
That's what's wrong with L.A's rap scene....Too many people livin' in the past...Folks gotta' let that old stuff go...And it's not the fans that need to put their money where their mouth is, it's the artists...They should use some of the money they got to push their product, and not spend all their advance money on material items...I mean how many times have we heard that they're shooting such-and-such video and never see it????