Stephen Curry in 3 Point Contest

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 7, 2003
Stephen Curry will reportedly join Danilo Gallinari and Channing Frye in the three-point contest.

Curry's teammate Anthony Morrow had also hoped to be in the contest.

lets go Warriors. get Morrow in the contest too.

Aug 7, 2003
Matt Steinmetz
CSNBayArea.com

Stephen Curry’s All-Star Weekend is about to get busier.

Curry, the Warriors’ rookie guard, is expected to be named as one of the contestants for the 3-point shooting contest. The NBA will likely announce the six-player field on Friday, but word has begun to circulate that Curry is in.

Curry already was selected to participate in the Rookie Challenge game. Both events take place next weekend in Dallas, part of the NBA’s All-Star festivities.

Curry is shooting .429 percent from beyond the arc, but is the only rookie among the NBA’s top 35 3-point shooters.

His signature game was a 6-for-6 performance from 3-point range on Jan. 5 against Denver, tying a Warriors franchise record.

He shot 48.6 percent from 3-point range in January, and was named NBA’s Western Conference Rookie of the Month.

Last week, Curry was asked if he thought he had a chance to be selected to the shooting contest.

“Somebody brought that up,” Curry said. “I don’t know how they pick that, or what. But it’d be fun to participate in that. I’ve never really done a 3-point contest before. That’d be a great honor. I don’t know when they announce that, but if they selected me to do it I’d be happy to do it.”

Curry is NCAA single-season record holder with 162 three-pointers in 2007-08. He owns Davidson career records in three-pointers (414) which also places him fourth on NCAA’s all-time list for career three-pointers, just 43 away from the mark set by J.J. Redick of Duke

Anthony Morrow, Curry’s teammate, had hoped to be picked for the shootout. Morrow led the league in 3-point field goal percentage last season (.476) and ranks sixth in that category this season at .443. percent.

But Morrow has missed the past 10 games and hasn’t played since straining his right knee during a Jan. 15 game against the Milwaukee Bucks in Oakland. On Tuesday, Morrow was invited to play in the Rookie Challenge, replacing Derrick Rose of the Chicago Bulls.

The Warriors haven’t had a player in the 3-point shootout since 1991, when Tim Hardaway participated. Sleepy Floyd was part of the inaugural 3-point shootout in 1986.

Earlier this week, the Arizona Republic reported that Phoenix Suns center Channing Frye would be selected for the event.

Aug 7, 2003
paul pierce is in it according to sportscenter.

so far outta 6 is Curry, Pierce, Danillo Gallinari and Channing Frye.

Curry might struggle since he is the weakest one and shooting that many threes in a minute really takes a toll on your arms

May 24, 2006
www.fucku.com
I don't get to watch much warrior games but good look for y'all.

Also had NO idea currys shooting 3 pt shooting percentage was that good. I woulda thought morrow would be in. Didn't know he was injured.

Nov 10, 2006
Morrow is the one who should be in the 3 point contest. Not really sold on Curry yet. He should bow out and tell the powers that be that Morrow is the one who should be in the contest not him.

Jan 28, 2005
Morrow is the one who should be in the 3 point contest. Not really sold on Curry yet. He should bow out and tell the powers that be that Morrow is the one who should be in the contest not him.
there's a lot of things that should happen in professional sports.

but this is big business, and if you want your favorite athlete to be buying quarter million dollar sports cars you have to eventually give up something somewhere.