STAY OUT OF THE D

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 28, 2005
Just a warning to everyone: Stay away from Detroit. Especially if you have money. You will be robbed and/or shot. If youre from out of town- dont ask anybody for directions. Our roads are too crazy for you to understand in the first place.

Straight up... all the autoworkers are losing their jobs. The economy here is shit. The murder rate is up 35 percent from last year at around the time of Proof's death. All our money is leaving. We have the most homeless people per capita than any other major US city.

So this is just a warning... there is no good reason to come to Detroit. If you are visiting Michigan, drive around the city. If you have to go to Detroit for anything, get a hotel room in the suburbs.

Jun 12, 2005
Latin Lord said:
shit is getting CRAZY as fuck. Bizzare's (from d12) wife just got shot..detroit is the spot NOT to be nowadays... but good lookin out to those that dont know

DAMN!!!! Bizz's wife got shot? WTF????? D12 is geting hit with a hammer.....

Apr 20, 2005
Damn, i was just there walkin around with my friends. We were just touring looking for all the spots they did 8 mile in. A number of dudes walked up to us asking where we were from but we just said we didnt speak english then they left alone. It worked everytime. I guess i was lucky.

Dec 25, 2003
Im believing its all true, Ive been hearing alot of crime reports comin from Detroit, & according to a survey, the D is the poorest city in the nation...

I feel so bad that these bummed out jobs, poor redevelopment & the worst of all, increasingly high crime rate is having a huge terrible impact to the city's economy... There's little the city can do to improve all that!
That reely sucks so bad for the city itself......

Jun 23, 2003
Local news will always tell you that you are in the worst place to live in. Get the fuck up out of detroit and you will see the same shit anywhere else. Not knockin on you, there is just some grimey ass places in this country. People will set check, rob you, steal your car, or shoot you no matter where you go. You just cant get caught slippin.

Jun 23, 2003
carlos said:
my friend told me she lives in d town and said that shits not true she said it's da media making it look all bad

see. theres killas everywhere. did you know that per capita shit is all just a bunch of numbers crunched into an equation. If you look at some of the crimes on indian reservations which are their own cities and shit then "per capita" them fools got shit on lock! Them fools is ruthless.

Dec 11, 2005
carlos said:
my friend told me she lives in d town and said that shits not true she said it's da media making it look all bad
its the same in stlouis..the media makes it out to be worse then it really is.It seems like cities that are really run down get labeled as being the worse when there really no different then any other city.

Jan 28, 2005
http://www.heaven666.org/videos/kid-shot-to-death-in-restaurant-699.php

Just a sample of the things I see on the news everyday.

And since you dont watch my news, you wouldnt know a god damned thing any station tells me. It is true that most news is bad news... but they dont try to paint the city as the worst place in the US. No television station is going to downplay the city they serve news too. I have an even perspective on what the media tells me and what goes on in my area. I dont selectively pick out the bad news stories. I was making a post about how much more downhill things are going in this city. We almost lost our zoo. Money is being poured into downtown while the surrounding areas are all shit. Our economy is broker than ever- and that translates into higher crime rates. Detroit isnt even as large as most other major cities. Since the beginning of 06 we've had Obie, Proof, and Bizarre's wife all get shot in the city. And thats not just because they're affiliated with D12... its just because of the mentallity people are getting in Detroit with the way things are going. I know rappers and shit get hit in other cities too, but half of our good ones have been assaulted already this year.

I dont know, I figured maybe someone else on here would be from the area and let ya'll know whats up too.

Jan 28, 2005
http://www.heaven666.org/videos/kid-shot-to-death-in-restaurant-699.php

Just a sample of the things I see on the news everyday.

And since you dont watch my news, you wouldnt know a god damned thing any station tells me. It is true that most news is bad news... but they dont try to paint the city as the worst place in the US. No television station is going to downplay the city they serve news too. I have an even perspective on what the media tells me and what goes on in my area. I dont selectively pick out the bad news stories. I was making a post about how much more downhill things are going in this city. We almost lost our zoo. Money is being poured into downtown while the surrounding areas are all shit. Our economy is broker than ever- and that translates into higher crime rates. Detroit isnt even as large as most other major cities. Since the beginning of 06 we've had Obie, Proof, and Bizarre's wife all get shot in the city. And thats not just because they're affiliated with D12... its just because of the mentallity people are getting in Detroit with the way things are going. I know rappers and shit get hit in other cities too, but half of our good ones have been assaulted already this year.

I dont know, I figured maybe someone else on here would be from the area and let ya'll know whats up too.

Apr 25, 2002
azryda420 said:
People will set check, rob you, steal your car, or shoot you no matter where you go.
Yeah but we're talking about a place where maybe 25% of the population will do one of those things to you vs. places where maybe 5% or 1% of the population will do one of those things to you. I'm not saying those are what the exact numbers for Detroit and other places i.e. Tucson are. I'm just saying that the per capita game is not just numbers crunching nonsense, it is simply revealing the idea I just expressed in my first sentence. You're right, reservations do have a lot of those stats on lock if you look at per capita shit, and there's a reason for that. 1970s Rosebud in South Dakota = one of the hardest places in the US.

And no, the D is no different than pockets of STL, Chicago or even Tucson. The thing about the D is that places that are pockets in other cities are the entire city in the D.

Detroit is unquestionably the hardest MAJOR city in the country.

Jan 28, 2005
xpanther206 said:
And no, the D is no different than pockets of STL, Chicago or even Tucson. The thing about the D is that places that are pockets in other cities are the entire city in Detroit

Thats the point I was trying to make I guess. Shit is going bad ALL OVER and spreading out to the suburbs now.